Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: Are you rollin with out a front plate???
Yes
57.58%
No
42.42%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Ticket for not displaying front license plate in CA? *POLL*

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Ticket for not displaying front license plate in CA? *POLL*

Has anyone gotten a ticket for not displaying the front license plate?

The tC looks alot cleaner without the front plate, but I don't want to get a fix it ticket and I don't want to get rolled on by cops.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I drove in CA for 22 years, now have OR plates, I never ran a front plate on any car I have owned the whole time, usually 2-3 cars or trucks, at least 200k miles, never been an issue. BUT, it gives them an excuse to pull you over and if you have anything to hide, then you may not want to take the change;)

If you keep your car fairly clean looking, not riced out, you will have much better luck at not getting pulled over for anything at all!

Rick
Old 06-26-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in MA but my plate got damaged in an accident and I got pulled over twice in one week because of it. I am waiting for my plate to come in the mail, I have a permit that allows me to run no front plate that expires 6/06 so until then my car stays plateless.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raamaudio
I drove in CA for 22 years, now have OR plates, I never ran a front plate on any car I have owned the whole time, usually 2-3 cars or trucks, at least 200k miles, never been an issue. BUT, it gives them an excuse to pull you over and if you have anything to hide, then you may not want to take the change;)

If you keep your car fairly clean looking, not riced out, you will have much better luck at not getting pulled over for anything at all!

Rick
Good looking out Rick. Yeah, I'm trying to get my ride as clean looking as possible. Thanks for your input.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend got a ticket for not having her license plate on the front here in california. $75 bucks. And she has an old 96 honda accord fully stock! so they arent just looking for modded cars.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
tC squad
SL Member

Yeah, I got nabbed for no plate in sf. I wasn't driving, I was parked and the cop got me at like 2 a.m. They wrote me up for $100, but i got it signed off, and got the price reduced to $10. Then I got a letter a few days later saying I still owed them $90. So i called them and told them what was what, and set 'em strait. I'd say it's really up to you, is it worth $100 any time you get nabbed?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in the 3 years i had my eclipse gst, i never had a front plate on and never got pulled over for it (got 2 speeding tickets though, and front plate wasn't even mentioned). when i bought it, there werent any holes in the bumper for a plate mount to go, so i never bothered drilling into my baby. though, buying the tC, my dealer was kind enough to drill holes into my bumper and put on a plate for me...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Man if your in LA country its just not worth it.

I have had over 10 front plate tickets issued and this is on a non-modified vehicle and I am a consvative driver.

They are on the mega-crackdown because their red light camera system requres the front plate on some intersections to make ID. (Camera angles and street layout prevents them from taking the rear). This means lost revenue to cities so they are having police enforce the law more.

This came straght out of a cops mouth when he gave me a ticket.

However another big problem is that not only can cops give you front plate tickets but also parking enforcement. If you park your car on a public street in LA county you will be issued a no front plate ticket by the meeter maid even if your meter is paid up. And you know the meter maid *will* come around.

Worth it or not? For me personally not anymore. I fought and resisted up to 10 but this is just rediculous.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aznchild
Man if your in LA country its just not worth it.

I have had over 10 front plate tickets issued and this is on a non-modified vehicle and I am a consvative driver.

They are on the mega-crackdown because their red light camera system requres the front plate on some intersections to make ID. (Camera angles and street layout prevents them from taking the rear). This means lost revenue to cities so they are having police enforce the law more.

This came straght out of a cops mouth when he gave me a ticket.

However another big problem is that not only can cops give you front plate tickets but also parking enforcement. If you park your car on a public street in LA county you will be issued a no front plate ticket by the meeter maid even if your meter is paid up. And you know the meter maid *will* come around.

Worth it or not? For me personally not anymore. I fought and resisted up to 10 but this is just rediculous.
Man mang! You got me worried as ****! As clean as my ride looks...I'm puttin the plate on when I get home. Thanks for your comments guys. My mind is made. If I get rolled on cuz of my plates, there is a chance they can find or smell other things...Def not worth it...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got pulled over for not having a front plate on my car, but i had the plate in my car and i just told the officer that it fell off the night before. the officer let me off with a warning and just told me to get it back on as soon as i could.

but to be honest i see alot of nice cars around here like bmw's with no front plates and they never get pulled over so i think its more of a way to pull over a young kid or like previously stated riced out cars
Old 06-26-2005, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just paid a No Plate ticket. If you were ticketed for no front, and it cost what... $75-$100 you must have done something more.
A fix it ticket in CA is usually... $10
plus court and sheriff fees. you can get the CHP to write off your fix at the CHP station, but you still have to mail it in certified.

Or go to the court and pay the clerk.

Total cost will be about $25

If you have CA Plates, you better wear them on the back AND front. It's not worth the hassle.

LAX also has patrols there that just ticket No Front Plate Offenders. No Matter what excuse you may have.

Why bend the rules when the rules wont bend for you?
Old 06-26-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Maybe you can get away with putting the plate on top of your dash, under the windshield so it's still visible, but not drilled. I keep my front licence plate in my car under my seat, and have not gotten pulled over yet(knock on wood), but I hate the way the plate looks on the front bumper(just read my sig), so i'm freeballin' it, and if a cop pulls me over for just that, he's a real douche. I would tell him that I had special brackets for the plates so that I don't have to drll, but someone stole them and i'm waiting for new ones. Then I would act like I did not know it was illegal to roll without front plates. I also have noticed like Kowsk, BMW's with german plates or no plates and a lot of other cars without front licence plates. If you can get ticketed for that even if your parked, don't park in metered stalls. Otherwise you can just take your chances. I say no, but I guess I like to live on the edge. (just kidding)
Old 06-27-2005, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea you do need two plates according to this site.

http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_XLPR.html

dont know if its an official place but an idea.

As a resident of Missouri we do require front plates.
I guess look it up online, i will in a sec
Old 06-27-2005, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah... i've gotten fix-it tickets twice with my old car for not having front plates, and my car was a bone-stock 2001 honda accord SEDAN. so having it riced with attention getting mods or not really isn't an issue, but whether or not the cop/parking lady is having a good/bad day
Old 06-27-2005, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i havn't had a front plat since i got my body kit.about 2 month now and still
no ticket.knock on wood
Old 06-27-2005, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do believe you need to have a front license plate on your car. Whether it can be on the dash, im not sure. I think its all up the the discrection of the police officer that is going to write up the violation. Most are lazy to to hassle you about that, but some are d*cks and want to get you for everything, so watch out!
Old 06-27-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't have any plates on mine... front or back. got pulled over once already. I have my sticker in the window. Not my fault DMV takes forever....
Old 06-27-2005, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont have any front plates, and havent got pulled over..yet..

My moms car also doesnt have front plates and shes been driving it like that for 2.5 years and has never gotton pulled over for it. same with my friends car.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't mind having plates actually, they save your bumper from getting owned if anybody decides to bump into you parking or whatever
Old 06-27-2005, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I lived in San Diego for 8 months give or take and I never had my front licence plate on (2000 Honda Civic Ex) . I never got bothered and never got pulled over but I did keep the plate under my front seat just incase I did get pulled over .

Quick Reply: Ticket for not displaying front license plate in CA? *POLL*