Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Default All Scion Show 6.0 THANK YOU! & RESULTS

Hello to all you wonderful Scion owners!!

Thank you thank you thank you for making the All Scion Show 6.0 here in Ames such an amazing success. I have read all of your online comments and emails so far and greatly appreciate the kind words you have left for myself, my staff, my club, and my dealership. It is a lot of hard work to put this together and it really means a lot to me when I hear those kind of comments.

Thank you also for driving. Aside from my wife ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE for this show came from out of town. There was great representation from all over the state of Iowa and also from Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Kentucky, Kansas, and even Karol made the long haul down from the "204" (that's Manitoba, Canada for the uninitiated). I know what it takes to travel hundreds of miles and then whip your car into shape for a show that stresses cleanliness so much. That's dedication.

Thank you very much to our sponsors for the show: Wilson Toyota Scion of Ames, CustomxBgauges.com, ScionPro, Advance Auto Parts Ames, S&C Automotive Des Moines, CorSport, and Big Boy's Toys KC. They made the raffle so huge that EVERYBODY got stuff and several people got lots of stuff!

Thank you to Monte Eaton for pulling off some amazing catering (it was so good I actually paused to eat!! That never happens!). He is based out of Marshalltown, IA and if anybody wants his contact info just drop me a line.

Thank you to Bill Gordish for the AWESOME Best of Show trophy! His skills surprised even me and, again, if you want to use his stuff for something just drop me a line and I'll get you in touch.

Thank you to DJ Rezza for being an amazing friend and taking care of the music before and after the JFC concert. He required absolutely no direction and kept the place from sounding like a big empty gym all the time.

A special thank you to the Jodie Foster Connection for rocking our faces completely off! Now does everybody see why I was so excited to book these guys?? They were totally professional and really put on a great show. All of their contact info can be found on their website at www.jfconnection.com. They would love to play other areas so hit them up if you have a gig in mind!

Thank you to my club, ScinergyIA. Their support made me keep my hair one more year. They are a dedicated group of individuals who were simply delighted to come out early, help set up, help keep the show running smooth and even stay late and help clean up afterward! The show would suck for me without you guys.

To all those who I forgot, I'm sorry. There are so many friends and family who have supported me this month including my wife, my Scion girls, my boy John and many many others. This is NOT a one man show (despite what I tell my boss).

One more special thank you again to Wilson's and the KC Region of Scion. These guys's pony'd up 99% of the funding for this show which was no small amount. Wilson's sacrificed business that day to support us and what we do because they believe in the Scion brand and they believe in taking care of the owners. The Region stepped up HUGE for us too and Kevin and John even came up from KC on their day off to check things out and show their support. I don't see the reps from the local Honda/Nissan/Ford/GM/Whatever region doing that EVER! Don't forget to use their website at www.midwestscionevents.com.

Now for the results (if I misspell your name its because I can't read your writing on the sign in sheet!):

Friday Night "Night Rider" Glow Winner: Kenny White - SE

Griz's Choice: JDM Jim Jursinic - bB Squad

SPITE Award: Ecks - SE: C

xA/xD
1st: #18 - Chris Knapczyk - SE: C
2nd: #6 - Dan Dedard - SE
3rd: #47 - Frey - SXC

xB Mild
1st: #30 - Stephanie Leisen - SE
2nd: #4 - Kenny Merriam
3rd: #23 - Nick Shebert - Scikotics

xB Wild
1st: #48 - Miguel Gutierrez (El Shoe) - SE: C
2nd: #20 - Levi Wickizer
3rd: #22 - Tony Dobosiewicz

xB2
1st: #54 - Nick Wilhelm - SE: C
2nd: #39 - Greg Locher
3rd: #49 - Marciello Orellano - SE: C

tC Mild
1st: #21 - Andy Doan - ScinergyIA
2nd: #44 - Taylor Nystrom - Scikotics DM
3rd: #50 - Tony Hansen - Scikotics DM

tC Wild
1st: #38 - Hunter Dory - Scikotics DM
2nd: #45 - Rich Berena - Boost Headz/SXC
3rd: #19 - Walter Cabebe - SE: C

Best Rims: #12 - Jim Jursinic - bB Squad

Best ICE: #14 - Bennie Causby - Scionatti

Best Presentation: #51 - Bill Pendry

Best Engine Bay: #46 - Ricky Khuon - Boost Headz/SXC

BEST OF SHOW: #14 - Bennie Causby - Scionatti

Massive congratulations to ALL our winners! You should be extremely proud of your accomplishments.

My official show photographer, Kayla (who I also forgot to thank! DUH!) took something like 850 pics so I'll be sorting through those and will post up a photobucket or something as soon as I possibly can. Thanks to all those who already took the time to put up pics.

I look forward to seeing you all at a show or two during the rest of the summer and maybe even back here again next year for 7.0!

-Alex
Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Thanks for having us, Alex. It was a good time!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed it was one of the best shows Ive been to. great planing that kept everything moving thruout the days. we should start a pic thread. I admit I havent gotten to mine yet but will be posting something in the near future...
thanks again.
-nick
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Easily in my top 2 favorite shows all summer. You always put on a FANTASTIC show with great food and equally awesome prizes. (Pete and I put in my light-up shift **** and it is AWESOME!!!)

Another good year and I am already looking forward to next year!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks again and always Alex. see you again in August for D1
Old 05-26-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great job alex, it was a blast being there and hanging out with the people at the show. great times would love to do it again.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:29 AM
SL Member

i had a great time. cleaning my car for almost 2hours actually wasnt that bad.
looking forward for the next one!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Definitely one of the good ones Alex, It is shows like this which makes me glad to be a part of a crazy cool community of scion owners.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't say what hasn't already been sad. So I'll just say that Melissa and I had a wonderful time and can't wait until next year. Thanks for keeping the Scion Spirit alive Alex.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Great show Alex. Amy and I both had a lot of fun. The indoor show was great. It was nice being out of the sun and able to work in the shade all day. The "Best of Show" trophy was great. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I am already looking forward to next year.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whatever happened to those plaques that were suppose to be sent out for the trophies?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

pic's??????????
Old 07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

been posted a long time ago