Notices
Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE

The most unlucky person you'll ever meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Woah, no wait a fking minute there missy. You should NOT wait till everything is settled on this accident. You are paying the insurance company to cover you so they better listen to you. Demand you speak to your agent's higher up and tell them you want another agent to work on this since yours is a fking idiot. This whole thread stinks of **** rape.

Firstly, did they find out who was at fault? Did they blame it all on the other driver or did they say 50/50? I've been in two accidents: the first they declared 50/50 but my insurance still covered the costs to repair the car; second they deemed her fault and covered everything. I'm 24, definitely under the age of 25 to rent a car, yet when I pushed them to get me a car they, the other driver's insurance, did after I got upset. My insurance tried to get me to pay for a second new tire for the front right side (not a good idea running on an old and new tire on FWD) and I reminded them that this accident was not my fault in anyway so I should not have to put out a dime to get my car back in the condition it was before the accident. Still, even if it's 50/50 your insurance should pay for it, depending on what it is.

I would really push to get another agent to work on this case before anything else happens. Technically you shouldn't get those parts back unless if you have the stock parts to replace them with; however, if you never told your insurance to add them to your car information, you can take them back only if you have the stock parts. If they were in your car's information, you can't take them.

Regardless, they essentially work for you and if you are not happy at all with how they're handling it, let them know or threaten them When my car was half-assed by the body shop I let the body shop know (general manager level), my insurance know AND the BBB know. If you don't push them, I will be angry with you young lady