Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE

Moving to KC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Moving to KC?

Ok... My mom and dad haven't been "getting along" in the very least and I always turn to SL for stress
Now, my aunt lives in KC and my mom went there to help her out with my aunts new born... Theres such a big amount of cr@p that goes on in our house that you wouldn't be able to STAND living here. My brother and the tc ( ) would stay here along with my dad... IDK if my parents would get a divorce or just be separated. Here are my ups and downs about moving... I live in So Cal right now btw...

Ups about KC
--------------
-I'm pretty sure emissions are easier... and if anyone can give me a list of violations (window tint, front plate, etc) that would be great
-Meet new people
-Go to a new school
-Better weather
-I dont have my family's BS

Downs about moving in general
-------------------------------
-I dont get to see my brother (longest ive been away from him was 2 weeks)
-I dont get to see the tC (longest ive been away from it was.... 3 days?)
-I dont see my friends anymore

My personal BIGGEST concern is my brother. cause well... its my brother...
Any input is helpful at this point...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

KS-
F 35%
R 35%
Back 35%
Windshield AS1

MO-
35% on the Front is all you have to worry about,
everything else is legal. KCMO is laid back on tint.
Depends where you register your tC, if it decides to come to KC in the future.
Kansas side of KC will require only a back plate, Missouri will require Front and Back.
Missouri has a vehicle inspection and Kansas does not. Missouri's inspection, at least in my area, is very lenient.

Weather wise...imo, Southern California has it better.
Weather is pretty good though March through October then the rest is poopy here in KC.

Families always have their bs...it comes and goes so I would take it easy on a big decision like this. Imho, I would finish middle school and high school with your friends and majority of your family where you are at. 18 comes, then you have endless opportunities. I don't know how bad the bs is but moving across the u.s. won't be too much fun.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

The Midwest in general is a pretty decent place to live. There's quite a bit to be had in the KC area too. Just don't count on seeing decent seafood.

As for the family, that's gotta be your call. Maybe come this way for a couple weeks or a month and see how it goes.

Good luck either way! Let us know if you're in the vicinity.

-Alex
Old 10-11-2008, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

wow tctctctc ia had the same deal as you and almost from the same place ..i was born and raised in northern cali ,san jose and moved to kc...i first moved to leavenworth kansas then moved to kansas city mo, about 2 months later its only about 30 min drive from each other anywho i love it ..kc is awsome..here are the ups and downs of kc that ive been through ...first off weather as stated it gets COLD!! but its so nice with the snow i enjoyed it but theres the salt that comes with it ...also kc is very laid back compared to cali there is no smog as stated so you dont get pulled over just because ya got a muffler wich is very nice...also what i really enjoyed was ,,there is hardly any traffic. it used to take me 15 mins to go to work and 15 mins to get home... i sadly now live back in cali, was only in kc for about 2 years but i plan on going back as soon as im finish with what needs to be done here in cali..when do ya plan ongoing?weather maybe a issue if ya drive..btw whats up stnc?? ill be back soon man !!!im almost done here ..hey when is the wow show maybe i can fly in and visit you guys!!!or drive in so i can win another plaque lol..hey you won last time to didnt ya ...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

im doing good, just trying to get things done so i can get back out there,,,,also forgot to tell ya about the bad rainy days be very carefull i was supposed to meet up with stnc and was on the highway and some guy bumped and spun me out 3 x ..its really weird out there when it snow's or rains people seem to drive faster than when its hot ..i never understand that about kc..sucks to hear about the lights man...
Old 10-11-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im going on dec. 15th for my nephew's baptism
Old 10-11-2008, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="STNC"]I'm doing good! My $700+ Underbody Kit broke earlier tonight....and I don't think I can win the glow show at pinups because of it....
quote]

Oh no! That's heartbreaking! Sad to hear that!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You may think about some decent all weather or snow tires if you bring the TC out here, and like mentioned earlier, you'll have to take good care of your car due to the salt in winter.

I'm sorry you have to face this decision. My parents went through that; every day was a war and according to the 'rents, it was all because of me (not their OWN issues with the marriage, of course). So I was looking at maybe moving to Pratt, KS (conservative, podinky town) from Lawrence, KS (liberal, lots to do, fun town). What a nightmare that would have been. Luckily "I shaped up" apparently, because the issues resolved themselves. *rolls eyes*
Old 10-11-2008, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well my parents are getting along MUCH better. like unbelievably.
and also, i really am 13 and my brother would be staying here so i wouldnt have to worry about a rust eaten tc
Old 11-14-2008, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill be here from dec. 21 to jan. 4.

just a heads up...
Old 11-14-2008, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol @ KC

Move to St. Louis.

Originally Posted by STNC
Yea dude, My rents fight a f**ton
That's nothing, my rent in St. Louis County costs me 1.8 f**tons a month. Insane!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i live in the op area if you guys would like to get together and hang out or something this weekend
Old 11-26-2008, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump. heres my situation.

My mom and dad had a huge fight this morning and my mom has decided to move. However, i'm stuck in the middle of staying in cali and not being with my mom (which will completely kill me) or moving to KC (which would leave my brother and the tc). I want to move there because of my mom, better air, new people. I don't want to go because that would mean leaving my dads side of the family (dont really care about that) but it would mean leaving my moms side of the family (which i care about) and my brother, which weighs a ton on the situation, but i would obviously keep in touch.

what are your thoughts... please
Old 11-26-2008, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

well good luck and if you head to kc to forget to say hay and meet up with everyone good group of of fellows out there
Old 11-26-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

yes im moving back to kc after im finished with school...im going to try and fly out for the show.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

for my diploma i should be done by the end of the school year ..june/julyish ..but then for my other school i belive its about a year long ...it will be summer of this year or summer of next that i return..kinda just see what pops up ..but i know for sure that i wll not let it be any longer then the following summer..i hate cali now..
Old 11-27-2008, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

<sigh>
Old 11-27-2008, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

untill you leave a place you do not realize things about a place ..i never knew cali was so rude to others .also the price is is just wow for everything.now Mr Arnold wants to bump tax up so its going to be like 9.3 % tax if it passes .can you imagine that ??i understand that kc pays less in the job field but at least with 10-15 bucks a hour i can afford to have a life...