Notices
Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE
View Poll Results: Would you be willing to go to Toyota Regional to get Scion more involved with you?
Yes
90.91%
No
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

So I heard a rumor...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default So I heard a rumor...

Well as some of you know,

I work for a marketing company that does work with Scion, and if you didn't know, you do now!

Anyway...I overheard one of guys talking on the phone with someone from Scion about possibly having a like "Town Hall Meeting" with the KC Scion Owners to find out how to get us more involved with local stuff, I guess we aren't reppin our city like we should....(Hard to believe, I know)

So I got to thinking, what would you guys want Scion to do for us, or what could they do to get us involved more?

I'm gonna totally play the super-employee and give a report to them out of the blue saying what they can do to make the owners more involved. We could maybe try and really get a town hall meeting at Toyota Regional (By the airport)...

So.......

What can they do to make us more involved? Events that they can do, parties, free stuff? C'mon, all ideas are welcome!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there anyone in KC anymore??????????
Old 07-23-2008, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i think there are guys on clubstlscion.com from KC when i was on there a month or so ago
Old 07-23-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome, I'll check it out, how was your visit here?
Old 07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm never visited there.sorry i meant the site (actually was supposed to go there for work but ADM closed their Olathe plant)
Old 07-23-2008, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know where that is
Old 07-24-2008, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've got enough backpacks and t shirts................................i did have a rep at the snow creek event give me free lift passes and rentals. that was cool and he made somone move their stocker so i could park at the bottom of the hill. The go karts at sadlers are always fun too. More stuff like that, car shows are getting kinda lame same cars same people everytime. Organizing a cruise would be a good idea but only if you could get enough people involved. A 10 car cruise is linda lame
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 PM
SL Member

Yeah see I always wanna go but they're always scheduled on Saturday mornings. I have this issue where I go out on Friday and can never wake up Saturday morning.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

how about a cool event like . . . ScionPinups.com?! ;)
Old 07-31-2008, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lolz indeed!
Old 08-03-2008, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

like i said last time,....what they need to do is hold a event at the world of fun kinda like the scion nights in califonia ..i belive toyota all ready has something to do with the place..
Old 08-03-2008, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member
SL Member

I always forget to check this site regularly. But wanting to see if anything comes out of this... I'll do my best to keep an eye.

I have been in the area for some time and have always wanted to participate but never had the chance till recently.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They could represent at their own events for one. The one event I went to when I first bought my vehicle - no rep, no table, little or no advertisement for the event at Scion dealerships, a few brochure books and a few CDs laying in a corner. If I was a normal new Scion owner, I'd wonder, "WTF?! This is lame!" and never go to another. Even as a person who was already a little more in the know, if ScinergyKC hadn't been there, I would've thought *hard* about making the effort to make it to another event. If they can't make the effort, why should a KC Scion owner? And that might be ONE event - but every event counts when you have potential new customers coming to it. ONE impression is all it takes to turn something off for good.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

I'm still waiting for an event at Heartland Park. Karting is fun, but I want to see what my Scion will do on a real road course.

$.02
Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
I'm still waiting for an event at Heartland Park. Karting is fun, but I want to see what my Scion will do on a real road course.

$.02
There's an event Aug 31st at Heartland Park, I believe. Superior Scion is putting it on. It'll be catered, people will get to play on the track and some other stuff will go on. There's a thread on the main regional page: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=232400 . They'll post new news there once they iron a few more details out.

I might go to it, but Shawnee County Allied Tribes Inter-Tribal Pow Wow is the same weekend, and my family is always involved. I might sneak out to the track for a bit though, so let me know if you're going so I can say "Hi!"
Old 08-06-2008, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but I want to see what my Scion will do on a real road course.
Understeer.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Direness

$.02
There's an event Aug 31st at Heartland Park, I believe. Superior Scion is putting it on. It'll be catered, people will get to play on the track and some other stuff will go on. There's a thread on the main regional page: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=232400 . They'll post new news there once they iron a few more details out.

I might go to it, but Shawnee County Allied Tribes Inter-Tribal Pow Wow is the same weekend, and my family is always involved. I might sneak out to the track for a bit though, so let me know if you're going so I can say "Hi!"
Import Face-Off is the 31st....
Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Yeah, looks like that is a busy weekend . . . Good thing ScionPinups is on October 12th . . .

/plug

;)
Old 08-07-2008, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by STNC
Originally Posted by Direness

$.02

Import Face-Off is the 31st....
Yeah....*sigh*
Old 08-07-2008, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scheduling Conflict!

Quick Reply: So I heard a rumor...