Notices
Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE

Thank you to everyone who came to Scion Pinups!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Default Thank you to everyone who came to Scion Pinups!

Once again I wanted to say THANK YOU for coming to Scion Pinups 2008. I spoke to a few of you since the event ended last night and I wanted to get on here and thank each and every one of you.

You all did such an amazing job bringing that glow show, cleaning your over the top cars, and running through my admittedly complicated judging and photography! I hope no one ran into a problem we weren't able to handle, and that you all had a great time at our dealership, and once you all see the completed product with the calendars, billboards and any of you who ordered the prints. I wanted to remind you of his contact info. You can email Dan from the photo studio at info@rockafellow.com.

I wanted to call out a few people and let them know publicly that I appreciate what they did for me, the show and for you.

Tony Stubblefield - Thank you for trusting me to coordinate this and for funding the entire event! There is nothing better than to do something this big but to know that you allowed me to make decisions on what was best for the show, our guests and our dealership.

Brian Cowles, Damian Franklin and the entire crew from Reliable Superstore Tamara, Richard, Brian, Larry, JJ, Tom, Bobby, Mindy, and anyone else I didn't see the day of the show! - You all did a great job, and I can't tell you how much it means to me that you were all there to back me up for anything the show needed. The show ran on time almost down to the minute and you all helped me do that.

Darron Cathcart, Steve Farmer, Lincoln Whisler - You all especially stepped up for this. You all made the judging work, got the photography organized, and made the show plausible. Without your hard work, time, energy and ideas none of this could have happened and I and the entire Scion Pinups thank you.

To all my judges . . . Jon, Dustin, Jeff, Adam, Drew, Daniel and James. I know how hard it is to judge a show especially when the organizer won't break cars off into classes! You all worked so hard to make sure that the right cars won, and even your 62nd judging sheets are still well thought out, and look like you really took the time you felt necessary to make accurate decisions on this. Some of you flew in on red-eyes from WA, we had a surprise visit from VA, Tulsa, StL, Ex-Scion owners and just plain good hard working guys who like cool stuff. You were great and I think the show turned out great because of it.

John Stolz, Kathleen Kishi-Phillips, Greg Hrisak, Diane Dixon and all of the crew from University of Toyota and Department Zero - Thank you all for adding to the show. You all raised the bar for a lot of people. The giant table of free stuff we handed out, the schwag under the Scion tent, running registration and handling the line up at the photo studio. The flim crew were awesome and I hear they got a lot of people on video. With support from a brand like this, we'll keep doing bigger and better shows! Thank you for everything you have done, did and will do for us in the future!

Patriot Auto Wash! Thank you for allowing us to come out and use your business! Carl you were one of the best hosts I could have hoped for, and I think everything went well! Thank you for all the free tokens so the people coming to the show could wash up and get ready for the next day! Hope you enjoyed the glow off, we certainly did!

A big thanks goes out to Jake and the whole crew at ST Motorsports! You all represented very well and I can't wait until my wife lets me come pick out a new set of wheels! Thank you for coming out and going above and beyond with the extra $50 gift card you handed out!

Ron at Ron's Custom Interiors had an emergency and even though he couldn't make it out to set up his display, he still had Benjie let us know that he wanted to support the show by raffling off the Custom Leather Interior!

Steve at ScionPro.com - Thank you for the box-o-stuff to hand out! I didn't get any pictures myself, but once I have some pics sent to me I'll forward them your way! Also don't forget to visit ScionPro.com and you can post up pics from the event in his "photobucket like" gallery there!

Quality Inn and Comfort Inn - Thank you for getting us such good rates on such nice rooms! Thank you for the free rooms to raffle off, and we'll see you next year! You were so great to work with and easy to get along with, I will recommend you to anyone coming into town, and the response I heard about the rooms was 100% good feedback, so ladies and gentlemen I think we found our favored room provider.

Jason at EMET sales - Thank you for doing such and awesome job on those Scion Pinups chairs, and throwing in the 100 free shirts was over the top bro! Thanks again!

To the 501st - (The Stormtroopers) Thanks again for coming out. You all hit us at the right time when things started dying down and bit, you came out and did photos and just generally laughably good times! I love having you all out to the show!

Don't forget you can get to any of the sponsors sites by going to the sponsors page on www.ScionPinups.com

Thanks to Larry and Sharon Ripperger! They went to great lenghts to make sure we were all fed and happy. I can't wait until I can have another event that needs food so I can ask for you to cook some more!

Jarod Somirs provided the entire Rock Band set up. I know I saw it running all day and no one even broke the drums. (I swore I was going to have to buy him a new set after all this was said and done! LOL)

Johan Collins from Black Box revue. The music fit the show perfectly. I love what you do and can't wait to get together on some bigger ideas with you!

Anna Baker, Anthony and Analiese Horberg - To my family who I love and suffer the most when something like this comes around. Thank you for giving me everything I needed along with your full support so that I could have the time needed to plan the whole show out. I love you all and it'll be at least another few months before I start planning something else, I promise!

ScinergyOZ, ScinergyKC, ScinergyIA, StLScion, Scikotics Mile High, Scikotics Tulsa, Scikotics AR, Scikotics DSM, StL Scikotics, and anyone I might have missed. Thank you for giving me a reason to do a show and a calendar. I love my job and each and every day I get to meet new people and put on crazy stuff like this, but it wouldn't be any fun if you all didn't come to my shows. So thank you for showing up IN FORCE!!!

I would love to have your photos from the event. We will begin working on the calendar this week. We are going to be using photos from the studio for the winners cars, but we'd also like to see what pictures you have. If you don't mind sending in your original pictures burned onto a cd or dvd we might have a use for them in making the calendars! In return, I'll keep the registration list and when they are all made, we'll send out a copy to everyone!

You can mail your pictures to

Reliable Scion
C/O Scott Horberg
3521 E. Sunshine St.
Springfield, MO. 65809

or email me a link to your pics at shorberg@gmail.com

To use them in the calendar, they'll need to be full resolution shots, so most places like photobucket size your pics down, but if you know a way to get them to me in full res and we can use them somehow we'll do so!

Thanks again to everyone that came and helped! You all rock! Thanks to all our sponsors and I can't wait to see what you all bring next year!

Congratulations to all the winners. You were judged harshly by 7 different judges representing from coast to coast. I have never seen, and maybe never will see a more appropriate or competent judging staff!

Here are the winners from Scion Pinups 2008!

Best Of Show – Benji Ramos - #12 – ScinergyOZ

Glow Off Champion - Michael Stancil - #49 - ScinergyKC

Best JDM – Craig Brown - #50 – STL Scion

Best ICE – Michael Stancil - #49 – ScinergyKC

Best Interior – Fernando Mojica - #28 – ScinergyKC

Best Wheels – Rob Wintercorn - #54 - Scikotics

Best Engine – Jared Somirs - #25 – ScinergyOZ

Best Paint – Larry Ripperger - #43 – ScinergyOZ

xB1 Mild 1st – Jeremy Foster - #31 - Scikotics
xB1 Mild 2nd – Jonathan Brashear - #38 – ScinergyKC
xB1 Mild 3rd – Debbie Alexander - #24 - ScinergyOZ

xB1 Wild 1st – Alex Millen - #39 – ScinergyIA
xB1 Wild 2nd – Levi Wickizer - #32 – ScinergyKC
xB1 Wild 3rd – Elizabeth Wintercorn - #55 - Scikotics

xB2 1st – Nick Stanford - #27 – ScinergyKC
xB2 2nd – Joseph Kimmel - #41 – Scikotics Mile High
xB2 3rd – Dan Person - #59 – ScinergyOZ

tC Mild 1st – Andy Doan - #22 - ScinergyIA
tC Mild 2nd – Jason Radney - #1 - ScinergyOZ
tC Mild 3rd – Aaron Veil - #5 – STL Scikotics

tC Wild 1st – Jason Elliot - #7 - ScinergyOZ
tC Wild 2nd – Tony Hansen - #62 – Scikotics DM
tC Wild 3rd – Jacob Herman - #26 - ScinergyKC

xA/xD 1st – Andy Glowacki - #29 - ScinergyIA
xA/xD 2nd – Ashley Corbelo - #34 - ScinergyKC
xA/xD 3rd – Alisha Foster - #30 - Scikotics

Storm Troopers Choice – Nick Stanford - #27 – ScinergyKC

Longest Distance Traveled - – Joseph Kimmel - #41 – Scikotics Mile High

Old 10-14-2008, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We want to Thank you for putting this show together, lets give Horberg a round of for putting the best show we have had in the Midwest in sometime!

Thanks you again!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

were the pics yo???!!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, enough clapping for now. Great job goes Scott.

FYI, here is the link for the pictures from card 1.

Please feel free to use them as you see fit, Scott, you will be getting a card with all the photos in normal format. I only request that Firedog Photography STL gets photo credit if anyone chooses to use them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gossfami...y=uVR8VaJ0tvQ#
Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Nice pics Tim! Lot of me and my klan. Thanks. I feel like a celebrity