Bored at work...so here's what happened

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Bored at work...so here's what happened

It's snowing, and I have virtually nothing to do, so I wanted to share the continuing saga of "the bad neighbor" with everyone. (hmm...I just realized this looks kind of long...but it's a good story)

I think we told most everyone at MC's a few months ago what happened one late December evening...but I'll fill you in!
Punk kid moves in below us on Saturday December 9, 2006. It appears that there are just lots of kids (look about 18-21 yrs old) and no parents.
The following Tuesday or Wednesday night, at about 11pm, CRASH is heard from down stairs. Lots of kids run outside, Matt goes to investigate: "Robyn, call the cops!" These boys & girls have one girl on the ground and are kicking & hitting her; blood on the cement RIGHT outside the front door.

Cops come, never question matt or myself, we're up until about 2am listening in, and then can't get to sleep...bad day at work the next morning.

Office manager at complex says "one more time, and he's gone. I'll try to get the police report".
Punk kids lays low until about mid-February...and then he seems to have purchased or learned to work his home entertainment system...however, from our upstairs apartment, only the bass comes through. Scares cats.

At this time punk kid also forgets how to close doors...only slams them. Scares cats.

bad behavior is reported to the office multiple times, they talk to punk kid who says "golly, I'm really sorry, I'll be more aware". His fingers were crossed behind his back: liar.

I call security one night last week, they come at 11;40, when I had called at just after 11pm, and talk to punk kid who says his music was off by 10pm, because he knows the rules. Liar.

THE BREAKING POINT: I come home yesterday, and punk kid and his friend have just pulled up and have gone inside. I go to my door, insert key...Cigarette ash falls from my key hole!!! Matt & I confront suspects: all they do is curse at us and tell us they don't F*** with people around here.

I go to office, shaking!!

Apparently, the office is going to give him his 3 day notice: 3 days to fix his behavior!!!! one more complaint and he's thrown into the month long eviction process...I'll be out in 2 months when the lease is up...I guess we'll see who goes first.

If he keys the cars, he's toast...To Be Continued.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I hadn't heard about that robyn, but I am sorry.

I'm sure it will all work out soon enough if you can stand to put up with it.

here's another idea - give em a show. Have matt absolutely lose his freaking mind at them, while you climb on his back screaming at matt to back down. say really loudly, "you don't want to go back to prison!" "one more, and that's your third strike!"

another, safer, way to give them a show of force would be to find a partner to choreograph a fight with in the parking lot with matt the clear victor. I'm not talking about wimpy little punches and kicks either, I'm talking about 'Holy ****, did you see THAT?' sorts of moves.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:43 PM
SL Member
Scinergy

i would have one of the other neighbors complain about parking lot behavior or something that you cant prove but dont have to to fix it quick gotta be something big though
Old 03-30-2007, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should rig up a little mini camera somewhere, bust them in action!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give me a call and help you out...........

I have some severe anger issues that I'd love to get rid of, I hate idiots and people that think rules don't apply to them.

I had a neibhor like that when I was the dorms at school and becuase of it and my temper I was the one that kicked out. almost got booted out of school but I bet that little SOB never runs his mouth thinkin no-one will stand up LOL.

anyway sorry about your problem, hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 03-31-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

which complex is this?
Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Sorry to hear about the problems Rocketgyrl!
I can definately relate! I could tell you some really funny stories about my days of living in apartments...and neighbors.
Glad to hear you are moving soon though. Sounds like the neighborhood is going downhill, and those kinds of people never go far. You get rid of one group like that, and another moves in too!
Maybe your next place will be near better neighbors. Well, just let us know, and we can all stop by one night or something, and have a ScinergyCO showing of support at your place! LOL Just kidding. You don't need to sink to their level...but I do think that a few of us can be intimidating for sure... LOL (not to mention that if they thought you had some cool people in your corner they might start being cooler towards you too? I don't know)
Anyway, take care okay? I hate to see you guys get hurt or your cars...
:/
L-
Old 04-03-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I live at the Dakotas At Governors Ranch (right near Southwest Plaza)...it APPEARS pretty nice, but I've run into a few other problems besides neighbors, although have met some great ones as well.

In fact, James, a Lakewood police man who lives there saw my Scinergy sticker and asked if I knew Elise! So at least I know a cop in next building over now...

Thanks bsp-tC, if it comes to using some Sciergy force on him I'll know who to call! ;-)
Old 04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Just checking to see if you're okay, since we didn't see you at MC's this. Saturday. How's it going? RUOK?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Oh My Goodness!!
I haven't signed on here in ages!!!
SORRY GUYS!!! After staring at a computer all day, not so stoked about signing on in the evenings...my eyes are going to go square!!

So what's new?? Sorry for not coming out in a while...every single Saturday is just something else happening lately: two weekends were family from out of town, one weekend was friends, another was Easter, and the rest have been house hunting.

So firstly, we put an offer in on a SUPER cheap town home...like 30K undervalued (foreclosure) and didn't hear, didn't hear...awful having to wait. And my Realtor never took us to see "Plan B"....and we emailed and tried to contact her...nothing. So we fired her.

We switched to the Realtor that helped Matt's grandmother sell her home before moving to an assisted living facility in CA. Within 20 minutes he was able to find out about my previous offer, get me the correct info, and suggest a new offer. Keep your fingers crossed since I should hear this week!

The terrible terrible neighbor finally moved out...that's what happens when you don't pay rent I guess!! But not without leaving his mark: Fabulous, nasty loogey on my front door. GROSS. And all this rain hasn't washed it all away. *gags*

Work has just been insane. I used to try to sign on during the day when I had some free time but I just haven't had a chance.

Oh, the silly little car and my terrible Burt Toyota experience. (Where I ran into Chip and spent some time catching up!)
Went in to get a routine oil change and watched as my car was run into a stack of tires, the door was damaged on the wall, etc. etc. Terrible experience unfortunately!! And usually they take such good care of me!! So that's meant a few trips to Burt to get everything taken care of.
Chip, I waited until 4:35pm for Bill, and was there until after 5pm!

Um, the cats are great, I think they are ready to move to a bigger place too!
Matt has been super busy with car audio stuff...

oh, that reminds me. Another Saturday we went to the IASCA Judges Training...12 hour day!! So for the NOPI show Matt & I should be judging Car Audio. My car should also be competing. But that means that we are going to be busy Friday - Sunday. PHEW!

Well, spring has definitely proved to be keeping me on my toes. I deeply apologize for not writing or coming out to MCs, I hope we get the "life" stuff in order soon.

Keep your fingers crossed about our town home...we should hear this week!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful spring time and we'll see you soon!!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

hi robin (or robyn?), so which neighborhood are you moving to?
Old 05-08-2007, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Congrats on getting certified to judge! We miss you...you need to come see us!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Just heard on the town home...I don't want to jinx it, but it's looking good...FINALLY!! It's only taken 3 weeks.
The neighborhood is at ~York/Welby & 82nd. Just of of I-76.

I am so grateful that it doesn't look like I'll have to do a month to month rent. Can you believe they hike up the price to $1,100 per month to do that!! YIKES!! That's super unreasonable!

We've got plans this weekend for a weekend of fun up in the mountains. But once things settle down I know we'll make it back out regularly!

Thanks Hax! 12 hours is an awfully long time to talk car audio though. The cool thing: with the expansion of IASCA there are car audio shows all over the world...can we can "work" related travel opportunity!?!?!? OH YEAH!!!

Everyone remember Mother's Day on Sunday and have a great weekend!