Notices
Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

Debating making the move back???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Debating making the move back???

Okay, so I know I have only had the chance to talk and meet a few of y'all in the Rockies region, but I am in a quandry and need a little advice. A little background for you...

Graduated ASU in 2000 w/ my Degree in Marketing and a Minor in International Business. Moved to Dillon, CO shortly after graduation for one year and then over to Frisco, CO for the next three years. I moved back to Phoenix shortly after the 2004 season. I was okay living back in Phx at first, but now I find myself missing CO more and more every day.

My question to everyone is where would you recommend living in the Denver metro area??? Syxxpac, Andrew-my roommate, and I are seriously considering moving out to Denver in July/August at the latest and were hoping to get some opinions from everyone as to where they think the best place to live is. Work won't be an issue since I won't find a job till I get out there and I am pretty sure the same goes for Drew. I have only lived in Summit Co. and not to familiar with the Denver area. Every trip we made usually ended up with us not remembering much of the adventure, since we only got up to Lo-Do a couple times a season.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone and hey, if you know of any jobs or anything...let us know as well please. Andrew is in Finance and I, Marketing. Any help would be huge, I remember what it was like the first time I moved there and I knew no one in town, hoping this go round is a little better. LOL

Thanks Again!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well anywhere in the metro area is good really, consider most things are on 20 - 30mins away at the max. A lot of our club members live down south of Denver in the Englewood/Littleton area where there is much oppritunuty for jobs and homes. Othere members, like myself, live up north of Denver in the Wetminster/Thornton/Federal Heights area which has just as much oppritunity.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Joe...ah, you are friends with Elyce...thanks for the advice! Yeah, I was thinking Littleton, but honestly wasn't sure what the drive would be up to the high country from there? That is my only concern, I will spend every weekend up in Frisco, so don't want to have to bad of a drive from where ever I end up!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

The drive form Littleton or Denver is cake. Not bad at all. Maybe you should look into the Golden area, closer to the hills yet only about 20mins or so from Denver. You know if you do move here you'll have a lot of scion family here for ya. Let us all know if you need anything!