Notices
Regional - Rockies CO, MT, WY

New xA owner: Greetings!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member

Default New xA owner: Greetings!

Howdy folks...

New xA owner in the house! Picked up a new black auto xA last week (the lady mandated an automatic transmission ) and started searching around for a Scion enthusiasts group, and I guess I found one!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you at the Elway shindig next weekend...

Now, for some advice... I would like to drop my xA a bit to get rid of the wheel gap... I have the EM-7 15" alloy wheels (the ones that typically come on the xB... convinced my dealer that they would work on the xA; he didn't believe me at first). I would like to add the TRD springs but I'm wondering if the installation is easy enough to do myself, to avoid paying exorbitant fees at the dealer...

Also, are the TRD springs my best bet? I want a decent drop, but I don't want to have to fork out money for new shocks, struts, etc. I can get the TRD springs for about $160 and I really don't want to pay much more than that...

Are there any special tools required? Or maybe there's a cool person in the area who would help a fella out for a few beers?

Anyhow... take it easy all...

P_xA

My EM-7 wheels:
Old 08-26-2006, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member

Oh... I should also note that I'm in Denver for 1/2 the week and CoSprings the other half... so if anyone is interested in giving me advice/assistance on new springs for xA, geography is not a factor!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

first off- WELCOME. I do hope to see you out at the elway show. I'll definitely be out there, as well as ALL the good people from this region that you'd want to meet.

drop- tanabe df210 is the deepest spring drop (2in), cost is ~$150, and I'd be happy to show you how to do the install. it's cake.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by cherryBox
first off- WELCOME. I do hope to see you out at the elway show. I'll definitely be out there, as well as ALL the good people from this region that you'd want to meet.

drop- tanabe df210 is the deepest spring drop (2in), cost is ~$150, and I'd be happy to show you how to do the install. it's cake.
The concern I have with Tanabe DF210s is the decreased life span of the rest of the suspension (shock/strut) that people have commented on in various forums...

Plus I've yet to see the Tanabe's or TRD springs in person... hopefully that will change pretty soon.

Another thing I plan on doing is getting a set of the OTG wheel spacers and/or a set of the OTG rear spacer shims.

Thanks for the welcome!

PxA
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Yeh! Welcome Paradroid!
We just ordered those very Tanabe springs today for our tC!
We will be getting them delivered this week, and we'll have them on in time for the upcoming show at Elway next Sunday!
They were actually $169 where we got them, (and we took quicker shipping options and ended up paying a bit extra over that price too, just to have them sooner).
Maybe if you hold off, you can see them at the show, and we can talk about them before you order any....
Old 08-29-2006, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Definetly go with the DF210's they are a great spring. If there is anything you need always feel free to ask..
Old 08-31-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

welcome, i have sprint on my XA, they have done well , no probs as of yet....i am in the springs, so if you need to get a look at drop or whatever....let me know....by the way i have 17s though. again welcome.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome to ScionLife. You will find a lot of good stuff here.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Paradroid_xA
Originally Posted by cherryBox

The concern I have with Tanabe DF210s is the decreased life span of the rest of the suspension (shock/strut) that people have commented on in various forums...

Plus I've yet to see the Tanabe's or TRD springs in person... hopefully that will change pretty soon.

Another thing I plan on doing is getting a set of the OTG wheel spacers and/or a set of the OTG rear spacer shims.

Thanks for the welcome!

PxA
the stock shock/struts don't really _have_ a lifespan, imo. monroes will do the trick, and they're pretty cheap.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HI I just picked up my black MT xA yesterday. I have ordered DF210s and don't think I can make it to elway because of work.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Work always gets in the way. It's time to make a stand! Quit your job, that will show them that they can't push you around.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Welcome Persocon!
Are you talking about the John Elway Scion Car Show? That was this past weekend....
but you should come to MC's on this Saturday night instead! We'd love to meet you too!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wTF past weekend aawwww but the flyer they gave me says 1 year membership free 2nd saturday every month. naw I can't quit or else my monthly payment is gone and plus the boss is super cool nicest boss ever. MC is too far, maybe after break-in and rims or else I don't wanna show up with blinding bling hubcaps. damn those tires are too skinny