Default STM Pics....

http://portfolio.illusivedreams.org/stm09

Enjoy!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Very Fun pics! It was almost like I was there!
Very Nice, Jason!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It was almost like I was there, too.

Oh wait...I was.

Nevermind

I wish there were some Skeezy McBeav pics of my car...
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by dslroxx
It was almost like I was there, too.

Oh wait...I was.

Nevermind

I wish there were some Skeezy McBeav pics of my car...
You were, I have some proof. You were in some of the pics. You want what pics?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Skeezy McBeav! **** McGee! You know - chicks!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ha ha! Bumps? That's not what I wrote. Let's say - it rhymes with BITS and starts with a 'T'!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:30 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by dslroxx
Ha ha! Bumps? That's not what I wrote. Let's say - it rhymes with BITS and starts with a 'T'!
Ahh, dirty old man. I let the girls pick which cars they wanted to take pics on, otherwise they were asked by others.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Nice pictures as always okay Jason I am gonna have to call this out on here cause it is concerning. I am not sure how the judging goes at the show but. One concern was the judging especially when the judge comes and looks over your cars in 1 minute and judges others cars get judge the way it should be inspecting all the details and such and revuing the cars for like 5-10 minutes. The other thing I don't get is if you are entered in a category and the only one entered in the category how do they get moved to a different category. Then the cavalier wins best of show and all it won its category and best display which was weak as hell if you asked me. Which doesn't make sense cause the Bimmer got best paint, best ICE, and first in its category and Hectors scion won best interior. You would think the Bimmer would have one best of show. I guess its who you know cause the rumor on the street is the cavalier owner is a buddy of yours or someone that works for you.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:11 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

a lower class/category?..lmao, I know you meant different category but that sure sounded derogatory
Old 06-17-2009, 01:24 AM
SL Member

Thanks on photos.

Mike, the guys that were there judging the event did not judge the owner of the cavaliers car because Todd had painted it. Only bandimere did that. I dont agree with a lot of the outcomes, but I had no say in that when they were compiling the score. If it were strictly my event, the BOS would not have won their class. But the BOS would have been the person with the most points. All three judges judged all the cars instead of each judging a small group. But I dont know of any show where at least a handful of people werent happy with the outcomes of the awards.

The judges (2 of mine and 1 bandimere) gave BANDIMERE the scores and what happened after that was in the hands of the bandimere staff.. And unless you get someone from out of town who doesnt know anyone, than whomever judges an event will undoubtedly know at least a handful of the entries. I know the guys I bring in to judge, judge fairly. The BOS show trophy was won by 1 point. There were several score sheets within a couple of points of the winner.

I asked bandimere about your situation and they said your class got switched to the scion class so thats where they put you when the judging sheets came back.

Now judging is based on points. I dont know offhand what each category is. But if the doors are closed and windows are down, then you get zero points for interior and ICE. If the hood is closed, then zero points for engine, so on and so forth. My guys start in the middle of the points. If its clean and stock, they hover around the middle. If its dirty or looks like ___, you get lower points, if its custom and clean, the higher the points you get. IM not saying it needs to be spotless, but you get the idea.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

fixed it T, I couldn't figure how to word it lol. I didn't mean anything by it just expressing my concerns on the judging and scoring. With that being said I think since I haven't been motivated this year I think I am gonna hit the scion shows this week end and the Toyota meet and a few lowrider shows
Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

Thanks Mike...you were about to get strangled lol but you know I love ya!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:04 AM
SL Member

No offense taken. But I was just explaining how I do things or would have done things.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice pic love the random shots of me and hector like how you made my car look so clean wait it was lol it was the first time i actually cleaned my car at the show. i think the judging was a little off as it always is you know how it goes like how cane lost to nick in lex class and all that i just think judges should know what there looking at one day car will get rewarded for being clean and well planned but hey its car shows
i had fun i was racing and showing i think i was like the only one that was racing and showing
i got me some grub chilled with friends cant wait for the next show cant wait
Old 06-17-2009, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

And if you car is being judged in the rain you are still going to get 0 points for your car being closed up, bs, oh and 2 cars down the judge opens the hood and doors and inspected the car, bs again did it get 0 points or did it get full points?

I know Mikes concern you pay 50 bux to get in and you get judged in the rain and a 30 second judging. So I guess it goes without saying you aint going to win s*it if you get judged in the rain?? Next time dont judge while its raining.

So my question is why did some cars only get a 30 second judging I heard Todd say he had to have judging done in 15 mins. and this was at 11:45 ish is this why some people only get a quick glance, or is there some other reason? And why is it that trophy presentation was late if the judging was done by 12-1230. Also did all 3 judges judge all the cars or not I only saw 2 judge our car (Todd and the Bandimere judge) not 3 and if they did judge all the cars the bos winner got juged by all 3 or was it the only car judged by 1 impartial judge. And you are right the judges will know a handfull of entries BUT it isnt a popularity contest its a car contest dont judge me judge my car and preferrably not in the rain.
Oh btw this is Scott.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got neg points for the polish on my window cause i was racing and for my motor being hot i watched the judge burn himself on my manifold lol
Old 06-17-2009, 06:28 AM
SL Member

No ones perfect, things get screwed up and you cant point the finger at just one person. And above anything else, the rain completely screwed up the whole ordeal losing about 30 minutes for judging.

No, a car can not be judged in the rain. And when i checked, they werent judging in the rain. They did not finish judging till 230, maybe later, than bandimere took the judge sheets, added the points up and compiled the winners without the judges being present. So not sure what happened between than and the presentation. Not everyone will be happy with outcomes. Hell, I wasnt happy with a lot of the outcomes, but I had no chance to give me input.

Let's talk time frame. There were over 50 cars (dont know exact number, but at least 8 rows of 8 or more cars is far more than that). They were suppose to stop entries at 10am. They did not, so after rows were judges, other cars popped up that needed to be looked at. If you say there were 50 cars there and give each car 5 minutes each, thats 250 minutes or just over 4 hours with no breaks. They started at 1030, which would put them finishing up at 230 with that time frame roughly without the rain delay. Can every car now get 5 minutes with those kinds of numbers and time frame?

As for opening up vehicles, if the owner isnt there to give them permission to open anything up, they are not suppose to touch it. So yeah, they would get zero points. I know it isnt fair to say the least, but with time constraints and Bandimere pressuring them to finish, they needed to move on and couldnt wait.

And I cant speak for Todd, Cesar or bandimere judge as I was not around them.

If anyone would like to see a sample judge sheet of what Ive used in the past, I would be happy to show you a blank one. The one Ive used is based on a total of 220 points. Most cars that I have seen come to an event barely get into the 90s. What people dont understand is that you need to have a total package. You cant win shows or your class with say just rims, interior accessories and generic audio system. Thats what about 70% of the the entries have in any show Ive done. And yes, it is based on points, not popularity. i did not see any popularity. Not everyone judges the same, thats why I initially sent all the judges around together, but I guess bandimere split them up by the end so they could have scores.

BOS was determined by the highest amount of accumulated points which was tallied by Bandimere. Like I said earlier, there were several vehicles within a few total points of each other so it could have gone to anyone.

OK, well my butt needs to go to bed.

Originally Posted by bsp-tC
And if you car is being judged in the rain you are still going to get 0 points for your car being closed up, bs, oh and 2 cars down the judge opens the hood and doors and inspected the car, bs again did it get 0 points or did it get full points?

I know Mikes concern you pay 50 bux to get in and you get judged in the rain and a 30 second judging. So I guess it goes without saying you aint going to win s*it if you get judged in the rain?? Next time dont judge while its raining.

So my question is why did some cars only get a 30 second judging I heard Todd say he had to have judging done in 15 mins. and this was at 11:45 ish is this why some people only get a quick glance, or is there some other reason? And why is it that trophy presentation was late if the judging was done by 12-1230. Also did all 3 judges judge all the cars or not I only saw 2 judge our car (Todd and the Bandimere judge) not 3 and if they did judge all the cars the bos winner got juged by all 3 or was it the only car judged by 1 impartial judge. And you are right the judges will know a handfull of entries BUT it isnt a popularity contest its a car contest dont judge me judge my car and preferrably not in the rain.
Oh btw this is Scott.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

No, a car can not be judged in the rain. And when i checked, they werent judging in the rain.
I wish this would have been the case but I know for a fact us and Hax got jugded in the rain, I watched.

I understand what you are saying J im not blaming you for the errors in this show I will take this up with Jeff from Bandimere. I just wasnt real fond of spending 50 bux and 12 hours of my day going to a show where I feel I (along with others )didnt get judged fairly, be it win or lose I have no problem with that, if its fair, nuff said.

What people dont understand is that you need to have a total package. You cant win shows or your class with say just rims, interior accessories and generic audio system. Thats what about 70% of the the entries have in any show Ive done.
70% Really? Try more like 90-95% I didnt see a single car there that met this criteria. So really you are judging halfa$$ed cars with bling bling and auto zone accesories. Sh*t even if other people dont like it, the owner of the car is still proud of it, did I like the bmw not really but I still respect the owner for doing what he wanted.
Im not sayin I should win everything all the time, my car does lack items to make it a legit show car, it doesn't sit in the garage 50% of the time it does get driven 50+ miles a day.
So I guess with the above critera most all the cars at a show shouldnt even show up, this is why you dont do car shows anymore because it isnt profitable when 15 cars show up. And this is why STM this year was so small. Again J im not flaming you I am just airing my opinion and like I said above I will take it up with Bandimere instead.
J you are one of the only people around that puts on shows that does give the import scene any love, I have been to many of them and will go to more.
Scott
Old 06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
SL Member

I wish this would have been the case but I know for a fact us and Hax got jugded in the rain, I watched.
I apologize if thats the case. Last I looked they werent judging in the rain.

I understand what you are saying J im not blaming you for the errors in this show I will take this up with Jeff from Bandimere. I just wasnt real fond of spending 50 bux and 12 hours of my day going to a show where I feel I (along with others) didnt get judged fairly, be it win or lose I have no problem with that, if its fair, nuff said.
Feels like I am getting the brunt of the blaming. I know what I want to see when it comes to judging as I have been to a lot of shows (both import and lowrider) as the producer and an entrant since 2002. However, I dont usually do it myself since I have way to much other stuff going on). I hate having do peoples choice cause of the popularity portion of it. In reality, I dont think anyone would think their car could be judged fairly without get ting at least 10-15 minutes of looking and talking to owner. I do what I can with what Im given.

70% Really? Try more like 90-95% I didnt see a single car there that met this criteria. So really you are judging halfa$$ed cars with bling bling and auto zone accesories. Sh*t even if other people dont like it, the owner of the car is still proud of it, did I like the bmw not really but I still respect the owner for doing what he wanted.
I was being generous with the 70% as I know its probably more than that. Most of the entries have just about the same mods. Not many stand out from the rest around here. In all honesty (prolly offend people), I can look at the entrants without a judging sheet and know who would be contenders for the top three in each class. Is that right or wrong? I do not know but who is to say for sure. I usually respect what you have done to your ride and you should be damn proud of what you have done even if other dont like it.

Im not sayin I should win everything all the time, my car does lack items to make it a legit show car, it doesn't sit in the garage 50% of the time it does get driven 50+ miles a day.
It just depends on the show and who enters. I drove my truck (project) daily for 2+ years till I finally got another car. Hell, I drove around with NO bed for over a year i think. I built my truck (not finished) the way I wanted. I didnt care what others thought. The cavalier I had in 2001 and 2002 won 12 trophies in 1 summer, including BOS at a small lowrider event.

So I guess with the above critera most all the cars at a show shouldnt even show up, this is why you dont do car shows anymore because it isnt profitable when 15 cars show up. And this is why STM this year was so small. Again J im not flaming you I am just airing my opinion and like I said above I will take it up with Bandimere instead.
Most cars around here, at least in the import scene are not total packages. I respect that, that is why I have "mild" classes. The main reason I dont do shows anymore is because most people didnt respect what I had done for the scene and all the time and effort I put into things. Turning a profit is good, but I RARELY made half the money I spent back from the shows thus not even breaking even.

J you are one of the only people around that puts on shows that does give the import scene any love, I have been to many of them and will go to more.
Scott
Thanks Scott. Much appreciated. And BTW, I left out the photos I randomly shot of you.

Quick Reply: STM Pics....