Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA
View Poll Results: Exposed events, where should they be held and how often?
Annual, in the same location
12.50%
Semi annual, in the same location
6.25%
Three times a year in the same location
9.38%
Anytime, throughout Fl, Ga
71.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Exposed 3.0 ATL Fall out

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default Exposed 3.0 ATL Fall out

Well now that Exposed has come and gone, many opinions regarding the event were not favorable. Thanks to those of you who spoke up, SET and Scion have listened.

I work with Scion and very closely with SET, specifically those involved in the planning of such events. Therefore here are some of the actions that were taken as a result of your comments.

The company responsible for organizing and hosting the event will most likely not be used to represent Scion in the SET region for this event.

Scion wants to make it right. Therefore I have been authorized to announce that there will be another Exposed event, in the first quarter of 2007.

It will be organized and run solely by SET and the King of Scion himself Michael Kennedy.

And while the location has not been pin pointed yet, it has been promised that it will accessible to all in order to keep the hardship of travel and expenses at a minimum.

SET and Scion take these events and your comments very seriously and encourage your input on how to organize and plan future events. I have started a poll to see how you think the future of Exposed events should be handled.

Thank you
Old 11-01-2006, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I can guarantee that more people would show up if the date and announcement was more organized. I didn't even both showing to this last one because I could just tell it was a train wreck waiting to happen. If they annouce something in December for February or give people more then a month notice - more people could or would attend.

I'm anxious to attempt to attend the next Exposed and have placed my vote.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am glad that they have heard what we said. I went and had a good time but I do think it could have been allot better. First thing the people who planed it needs to give more of a notice. I think and could be wrong but we was gave a little over 2 months notice that there was going to be an exposed event. Then they waited another month to tell us where it would be at. Come on anyone that knows jack about car shows knows that you need to get the word out atleast 6 months before the show. People need to plan and they can't do that in that little amount of time. Now they are talking about doing another event so mabe we can get a little more info in time so more people can plan to come. The event itself was great just the ____ poor planning is what made me mad. There would have been alot more people to show up if the planning would have been better. If they do have another exposed event next year I will come I just hope more people show up than the last one.
All in all it was a good show just could have been alot better planning. There was alot of people that came up from Fl. and that shows you right there that we might need to have the next one closer to Fl or in Fl itself. No matter where it will be I will come!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I voted, but I'm confused as to why there aren't more choices.
I think the location was "fair", but only because it was large enough to hold a BUNCH of cars. I'm not opposed to having it somewhere closer to Florida, but I have to wonder if that would keep people from OTHER areas from coming. (not that there's anything wrong with FL. It just may be too far...)
I enjoyed the show, tho'. I only wish someone had "swept" the parking lot first.

PS. I seriously want one of those picnic tables....

Old 11-01-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I had a great time at the show...meeting so many from FL that i haven't met before and ones that i had..Planning, yeah could have been better but you have to admit the show was a blast...I am just wondering how we can get copies of the pics that was taken of all the show and the ones with us ScinergyGA/Atl people to put in our book..

WEll maybe next year will be bigger and better for everybody...maybe look for another cleaner parking lot...I was worried about my hubby dragging in the parking lot because of all the glass and nails...but everything worked out and i didn't have to take a two donations for getting my hubby and friend out of jail from dragging...lol...
Old 11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

atlanta was a little far for me. yes i went, yes i had a good time, but the only time i think i'll make that drive again is to go to NOPI. 10 hours is a LONG drive for a small/medium sized show lol (but there was lunch in there...)

Jacksonville, orlando, tampa, are all great locations for this upcomming exposed. centrally located in FL so the southern miami/ft meyers guys can drive up, and the georgia/northern florida guys can drive down.

One thing i would love to see at exposed would be vendors that sell things. Miami had a few, but they weren't selling anything. I bring money to these events and am in the mood to spend it
Old 11-02-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a good time at the show. But I think what made it good(and any show) was the people. Everyone was super kool.

My first impresion was: "Is this where the show is at?"
There was rocks and glass and all sorts of crap everywhere. Not very custom car friendly.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

atleast you guys got an exposed.
We still havent had ONE here in Phoenix.
Chicago and LA have had THREE.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats the thing. It didnt feel like some huge Scion event. It felt like something just kinda thrown together......
Old 11-02-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very true young grasshopper
Old 11-02-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Neothin
atlanta was a little far for me. yes i went, yes i had a good time, but the only time i think i'll make that drive again is to go to NOPI. 10 hours is a LONG drive for a small/medium sized show lol (but there was lunch in there...)

Jacksonville, orlando, tampa, are all great locations for this upcomming exposed. centrally located in FL so the southern miami/ft meyers guys can drive up, and the georgia/northern florida guys can drive down.

One thing i would love to see at exposed would be vendors that sell things. Miami had a few, but they weren't selling anything. I bring money to these events and am in the mood to spend it
You were there? I've always wanted to see your car in person. I'm bummed I didn't go now.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
The Family
SL Member

Default exposed 3.0 Atl. fallout

I didn't go because first off, some one drug their butt in getting the word out as to when and where and what time.. Then they say it is at a bar. With a special show for the over 21 crowd. What about the people who drove for hours to come to the Scion Exposed Car show, but weren't old enough for the Special party. I would like to come to a true SCION Exposed Show. I will be watching for what I hope is a better planned event.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ive driven down to Miami for Exposed (3 hours)
Ive driven up to Atlanta for Exposed (6 hours)
I think it is cool to have it in a different city every year.
But if you are thinking about having 2 or 3 a year maybe 2 can be in the same location (Atlanta, Jacksonville, ,Miami, Orlando or Tampa). With the 3rd show being in a different city each year.

If you do decide to do it only once a year at the same place........I can't think of a better place than Orlando Florida. :LOL:
Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
Ive driven down to Miami for Exposed (3 hours)...Awesome show
Ive driven up to Atlanta for Exposed (6 hours)...would have been better if Georgia had shown up.
But if you are thinking about having 2 or 3 a year maybe 2 can be in the same location (Atlanta, Jacksonville, ,Miami, Orlando or Tampa). With the 3rd show being in a different city each year.

If you do decide to do it only once a year at the same place........I can't think of a better place than Orlando Florida. :LOL:
Old 11-02-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXT
Originally Posted by CXT
Ive driven down to Miami for Exposed (3 hours)...Awesome show
Ive driven up to Atlanta for Exposed (6 hours)...would have been better if Georgia had shown up.

i concur... i cannot take my 9 month pregnant wife out for a 5-6 hour drive anymore. if it was in jville, tampa, or orlando, hell even in daytona, i'd be there... with bells on.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Magnus213
You were there? I've always wanted to see your car in person. I'm bummed I didn't go now.
yep, and i just happened to win best tC
Old 11-02-2006, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Neothin
Originally Posted by Magnus213
yep, and i just happened to win best tC
Naturally. I didn't see your car in any of the pictures.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:14 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

he has got pics all over the place....showoff LOL

Check the southeast forums for exposed pics
Old 11-02-2006, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

uhhh carlos... this is the southeast forum
Old 11-02-2006, 05:23 AM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh....um.......look its neothin's car!!

Look at that cute car next to it. Wonder what sissy drives that thing.

Quick Reply: Exposed 3.0 ATL Fall out