Regional - Southeast FL, GA

No Sponsorship in Florida? :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default No Sponsorship in Florida? :(

I hear about people getting sponsored and testing for companies all over the US, but none in Florida! Where are all of you product developers at! I know a few people (cough cough me) that would love to test a product
Old 12-26-2011, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doesn't seem like there's much up in new England either.. Unfortunatly
Old 12-27-2011, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have had many sponsors + I live in NJ/NY metro area which helps for me to touch this hot sales market area. It helps also if you have a new model/edition car which no parts have been made for yet.

Basically to get sponsorship, you need to keep your eyes, ears open + contact companies in the Auto world and be in the right place when opportunity knocks. When the 1st gen Scions came out it was easier. The car industry was hungry to make $$ + new products for these new models for there was none. It was the best time for us Scion show car owners.

But, to get partial or full sponsorship u needed to show(pics)that you are creating a show car or race car for the professional track, be sincere + tell them about yourself + how you are involved in the car seen. Tell them your car show/race event scheduled for last year + this year. Brag about big major car shows/race events you have won at if any + tell them about all the sponsors you had or have if any. Remember, they don't know who you are and they wish to get alot of media/car show event publicity with your car showing/talking about their product. They just don't send anybody free or discounted parts.

You need to be a people person. If you have a show car, you can get partial sponsorships/cost discounts from about anybody, even local places, just ask what they can offer. example: I get discounts for body work, tint, electronic stereo installs + parts, cause I promoted the shops at car shows.

When ever I order something online for my show car, I ask if they would consider a discount for trade that I will promote them by handing out business cards, decal on car + again send pics + tell them how you are involve with car clubs/ meets/shows etc. You need to sell your car and self to get discounts. I even had sponsorship offer by promoting a energy drink.

At one time, I was online shopping + going to get sponsorship from a company in FL. They sold store kits to replace the interior headliner in major auto part stores. They had a new carbon fiber look material + willing to provide me with yards of free material to wrap all my whole interior to match. But after receiving the swatch, it was more of a blue tone than the black look I wanted. So I thanked them + declined.

Maybe I should write a book "Car Sponsorship for Dummies" LOL

Good Luck!
aka
"Spiderman"

Last edited by JIMXB; 12-27-2011 at 07:51 PM. Reason: spell