Royal Palm Scion Recap

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Default Royal Palm Scion Recap

First I wanted to thank all of you for coming out to the show and making it one of the largest Scion Dealer shows we have ever hosted.

I hope everyone had a great time and from the feedback I recieved it seems like you all did.

Well 2 shows into the new format and trying to fix years of poor car shows and it seems like we are making progress. I wanted to let you guys know of a few changes you will see with the next competitive show.

-I have added a N/A score ahead of the 1, that way if you do not have the item you will not be given any points for it.

-It is justified to create a Street (Stock) class. After studying all your score sheets having a Street class would have split Mild almost in half for all models concerned. For those that still have score sheets, Street will be 0-5 classification points.

-Club Participation at the next competitive event will be handled a bit differently. We will be adding up the total points from all registered vehicles in each club. The club with the most points wins club participation.

This will not guarantee that the group with the most cars wins. Basically it avoids any one group from bringing a bunch of dirty cars just to bolster numbers for a prize. In the end we are there as brand representatives and showing a clean properly displayed car should be your priority.

Lastly until further notice I will personally be judging the Wild class for all models. Not that I can or will do a better job, but at least this way I will stick it to you all equally .. lol

I have also made some changes in how cleanliness will be scored in order to make it more consistent among all judges, this however will be made clear to you at the next event during the owners meeting.

So I hope you all had a great time and I look forward to hosting your next event.

Laterz,

Ivan
Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i had a good time just dont see why u put TSE in one small corner and let scikotics have 2 parking space's per car? thats the only thing that was wrong other than that was a cool show
Old 07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ here we go again lol
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by trikkonceptz

Lastly until further notice I will personally be judging the Wild class for all models. Not that I can or will do a better job, but at least this way I will stick it to you all equally .. lol
This, as with any judging in any kind of show, is biased. It doesnt matter what anyone says... but being a part of or having been a part of, an existing club/group, you cannot deny the fact that a biased judge or score will exist.

This shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
i had a good time just dont see why u put TSE in one small corner and let scikotics have 2 parking space's per car? thats the only thing that was wrong other than that was a cool show
Justin Ivan has nothing to do with how we parked we had the option of parking the same way but being the we had so many cars we wouldve split the group and parked more car on theother side of the curb. I rathered park everyone together.

Ivan,
Last show you said bring all your members and make sure they have the cc sticker on andthats what I did. Ok some were dirty but they were cometely stock n had no chance in hell of winning a free water bottle. Now it's good that you made the street class.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I think everyone _____esway too much, i believe Ivan can be professional enough to judge cars in an unbiased manner wheyher or not he was a scikotic before. Just grow up people, you dont see me crying because i lose to people who spent no where near as much on their cars and still come out on top, these shows are supposed to be fun not drama fests!

Props on all that you've done Ivan
Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by checho10
I think everyone _____esway too much, i believe Ivan can be professional enough to judge cars in an unbiased manner wheyher or not he was a scikotic before. Just grow up people, you dont see me crying because i lose to people who spent no where near as much on their cars and still come out on top, these shows are supposed to be fun not drama fests!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

^^^ caveman.. were u the one that made the video?

Originally Posted by Herruher
This, as with any judging in any kind of show, is biased. It doesnt matter what anyone says... but being a part of or having been a part of, an existing club/group, you cannot deny the fact that a biased judge or score will exist.

are you the one with a xA.....

hmmm i'm not on ur side with that one checho..
Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

For the most part you all have answered your own comments, thank you. Believe me, I too was a little surprised you guys (TSE) didn't opt for spreading out despite the fact you rolled with such large numbers ... I figured like cows, you guys got to use to being herded. Anyhow, I wish you would have spread out it would have made our impressive totals look even bigger.

Now adressing this;

Originally Posted by Herruher

As long as humans are used to judge vehicles this will happen. Pick any circuit, lets say HIN and NCCA judges. Don't you think they see the same cars year after year, including the winners? Your assumption is based on poor quality shows. I can judge my own car in a competition I am hosting and still be fair. Why? Because at the end of the day friend or not a piece of paper will not change a relationship and my job is to promote the brand and the sport not my friends.

As a judge I evaluate the quality or the work done in every aspect to every vehicle I judge, impartial to its owner, its why I am where I am and why I can do what I do. Do you honestly think I am making friends by making these shows transparent and available to those that do not win? Stick around after a show instead of leaving tire marks in the street and see what goes on, then make that comment.

I received the harshest comments and criticism from my so called, "Club Members" as well as your own club president. It is how I improve the quality of the events and is evident by the changes you see from show to show including the new Street class.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

btw what was the car count for each club? u happen not to say it this time.. ??
Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I do not have the numbers with me. Their were over 60 registered vehicles, we had a handful of independents this time which was odd, but TSE's numbers were almost double that of Scikotics. To be honest, when I was counting score sheets prior to awards and realized Scikotics would not win that award I kept counting with the judges but stopped writing it down.

Besides whether it was 50 - 10 in favor of either club, it is not respectful to put either group in that position. I only do it when it is close, which becomes more fun.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by trikkonceptz
Now adressing this;

As long as humans are used to judge vehicles this will happen. Pick any circuit, lets say HIN and NCCA judges. Don't you think they see the same cars year after year, including the winners? Your assumption is based on poor quality shows. I can judge my own car in a competition I am hosting and still be fair. Why? Because at the end of the day friend or not a piece of paper will not change a relationship and my job is to promote the brand and the sport not my friends.

As a judge I evaluate the quality or the work done in every aspect to every vehicle I judge, impartial to its owner, its why I am where I am and why I can do what I do. Do you honestly think I am making friends by making these shows transparent and available to those that do not win? Stick around after a show instead of leaving tire marks in the street and see what goes on, then make that comment.

I received the harshest comments and criticism from my so called, "Club Members" as well as your own club president. It is how I improve the quality of the events and is evident by the changes you see from show to show including the new Street class.
I never directed my concerns to you directly... more indirectly. In any event... car show... models... Miss Universe, the judges are chosen based on experience in a particular industry. They may have been Miss Universe themselves, it has happened. But not when ties are so close as in this case. Its as if your the judge of a boxing match which one participant was a guy you trained 10 years ago.

But hey, if you think you can handle yourself in the manner in which you speak... and people have that confidence in you to judge them correctly, more power to you. Like I said... its not directed towards your person... its the idea and the positions' responsibilities to the participants.

I received the harshest comments and criticism from my so called, "Club Members" as well as your own club president.
And Im not in any club at the moment... just giving my opinion
Old 07-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Why arent you with me on that one Sam? I honestly think we should all grow up a bit, its effing frustratin to go to a show and sit on one side and just chill there without getting close to the other cars because scikotics have cooties or som shti!

Ivan i believe as a host for these shows it should be a goal of yours to make activities that UNITE the car clubs so it doesnt look like the set of France vs Germany in WWII
Old 07-31-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Why arent you with me on that one Sam? I honestly think we should all grow up a bit, its effing frustratin to go to a show and sit on one side and just chill there without getting close to the other cars because scikotics have cooties or som shti!

Ivan i believe as a host for these shows it should be a goal of yours to make activities that UNITE the car clubs so it doesnt look like the set of France vs Germany in WWII

I agree, but whether we do Karaoke, or basket weaving we will find a way to make it competitive and therefore about the car clubs. Somewhere down the line I have a carnival set up that I am waiting for a dealer to do. This set up includes, inflatable bull riding, inflatable gladiator style foam pole jousting and inflatable boxing rings with huge gloves.

Now imagine letting these clubs go at it under that format .. lol

But to address your question, I am working on a poker run format that none of you have seen yet, that may require teaming up with members from other clubs in order to get the job done. Trust me, fun shows are coming, it's not always about the metal we drive ...
Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any pics??
Old 07-31-2009, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by diego_demarco1025
^^ here we go again lol
dude were u even at the show?
if not stfu sckotics had like 10-12 car's TSE had 30+ and we were packed into a small space what if TSE didint show? what a show that would have been 15 car's? was just noteing what should have been fixed
Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol k, <<thats all im gonna say, not gonna start anything with immature people, and im not talking about the miami club since there fine
Old 07-31-2009, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

France vs Germany in WWII
lol.. but I do agree with you Checho

And I vote basket weaving!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and how could we have spread out as soon as we got there we were directed into a small corner..... and idc who judged it or who use to be in what club only issue i had was use being jam packed in while scikotics had 2-3 parking spots per car thats it other than that and my oil fitting breaking in my POS show was cool gj
Old 07-31-2009, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I don't mean to change the theme of this whinning and griping session, but I just wanted to thank everyone involved for putting on a kewl show and all the free stuff. Food, drinks, waterslide and Italian ices, door prizes. It was a very nice event. It looked to me that the people were arranged according to their arrival time. First come first serve. I felt sorry for the few cars in the north end lot where no one went over to look at their cars. More people should have been over there. Personally one of the things I enjoy about a car show is looking at everyone's idea of what they like in a car. It is like walking through an art museum. All the artists are scattered. It keeps it interesting. These clubs should intermingle anyway. It's not like either are any kind of exclusive club. I thought it was simply personal choice which club someone wanted to join. But in any case, Thanx to Royal Palm Beach Toyota/Scion for hosting a very kewl and unique show and special thanx to all those that DONATED their time and efforts to pull all this off. When it's hot and muggy, who else would do this just for the purpose of helping car enthusiasts get out and show off their stuff. So I am sorry to say I have no gripes or whinning to add. Just a big THANK YOU to all the people involved including all the participants that seemed to be having a good time. Keep up the good work and hope thing keep moving forward. Why can't we all just get along??????

Quick Reply: Royal Palm Scion Recap