Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

Scion d-VIP ATL - Thank you!/Images

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion d-VIP ATL - Thank you!/Images

On behalf of regional Scion manager Michael Kennedy and the entire South East Region Scion family, thanks to all the Scion owners who attended the Scion d-VIP event this past Saturday to help cheer on Tanner and Ken at Round 2 of Formula DRIFT! We hope you guys were as excited as we were to see Ken and Tanner make the Top 16 Round together - a Scion first!

Unfortunately - their qualifying order also meant that they would face each other in that round, but that made the Tanner/Ken matchup one of the most exciting of the weekend. Ken and Tanner really felt the love from you guys and were pumped up that they were able to represent Scion in front of so many owners.

We're inserting a few images from the event below; find all our images from the event at the scionvip.com gallery. Our full d-VIP post event note follows as well.

We hope to see you guys at future events soon!

- d-VIP Event Crew

Foust, Gushi light up Hotlanta for Scion d-VIP

With 50 owners and their guests invited to attend Scion d-VIP at Formula DRIFT Road Atlanta for Round 2 of the 2009 Formula DRIFT National Championship, expectations were high for a memorable, exciting, and tire-smoking event. The nation’s premier drifting series didn’t disappoint. Scion d-VIP guests were treated to a historic weekend of firsts as they witnessed the east coast debut of defending Formula DRIFT Champion Tanner Foust’s Rockstar Scion tC. Foust’s tC joins Scion Racing’s growing drift stable, which already features drifting phenom Ken Gushi and his Scion RS-R tC.

With two top talents behind two uniquely built Scion tCs, fireworks were bound to fly – and they did. As the Top 32 round started off the main competition for the event, Scion d-VIPs had trackside seats to watch first Foust and then Gushi pick off their first opponents – marking the first time in drifting history that the Top 16 round would feature two Scions. Unfortunately, as luck would have it, Foust had qualified first and Gushi on the same side of the ladder in 17th – which meant that they would face each other in the Top 16 round, another first.

Sporting commemorative Foust/Gushi front/back commemorative event t-shirts, the Scion d-VIPs were forced to choose a Scion Racing driver to cheer on as Gushi battled Foust for the privilege to represent Scion in the Great 8 round of competition. Foust made the decision easier for the judges though when he made contact with Gushi and spun out – automatically moving Gushi to the next round. Gushi would eventually be knocked out of competition himself by third place finisher Ryan Tuerck, but not before providing a triple-digit thrill ride for the Scion d-VIPs and the rest of the Formula DRIFT audience.

Besides catching all the action trackside in the d-VIP suite, our d-VIPs enjoyed a catered lunch, participated in the J-Tuned Auto Gallery car show, met Tanner Foust and Ken Gushi in a private Meet and Greet session, and scored some Scion swag.

Thank you to all the d-VIPs who made it out to the Road Atlanta as well as those who registered for the d-VIP event. Keep checking back on ScionVIP.com and scionxpressionism.com for future events in your area.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

You are more than welcome - and THANK YOU for hosting a great event for owners and their guest! I know I really enjoyed the day/night and was thrilled to meet Ken and Tanner at the VIP booth!

I hope they both continue to rock the drift circuit this season and show everyone what Scion can do!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^^^What my wife said! I had a blast! Both Ken and Tanner were very open and easy to approach and talk to. I look forward to the next event!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely had a great time!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow, I should get on SL more often.. This was a wonderful event!!! Many thanks to all who helped put it on along with M. Kennedy!!!