Notices
Regional - Southeast FL, GA

Wehere to install dyno-tune my trd supercharger in miami.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wehere to install dyno-tune my trd supercharger in miami.

i just ordered my trd supercharger and it should be coming so i am also ordering the 007 forge and 9.5 pulley and will be keeping my cai. so my question is where could i go in the miami area to install it tune it and dyno it? i will be doing it in october either way cause right now i am deployed in afghanistan and in october i'm gonna go home for 18 days andthen bring my happy as back here! but i still wanna supercharge it so i can atleat have fun while i am in miami! thanks again!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

i know kendall toyota has done a few installs. theres a guy there, forgot his name, that has done them all. im guessing the dealer has done 4-6 installations before so they have the tool. carlos got his at expressway toyota but the guy that did it now works at a lexus dealer, so they no longer install them last time i checked. i dont really recommend the one i went to. lol. good luck. headquarter doesnt do them either (dont get near them), lehman was shady. hollywood hasnt done them last time i checked. al henderson toyota i think has the reflash tool so theyve most likely done them before.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn i'll go to kendall then the closest to me anyways! thats wher i am from! damn you know all the dealers lol? so where cn i dyno it and tune it? thanks again!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you dont tune a trd s/c.. toyota reflashes your ecu and thats it.. u could try adding an EMS to it but i doubt it would do much.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea thats what i am talking about getting the greddy emanage. to tune it with the 9.5 pulley cause it would be to lean if i got the 9.5 pulley and myt injen cai. and i dont want to be to lean and mess my supercharger up
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
damn i'll go to kendall then the closest to me anyways! thats wher i am from! damn you know all the dealers lol? so where cn i dyno it and tune it? thanks again!
lets just say i did very extensive research before i got my s/c... lol. i read about all the horror stories and didnt want to be one of them. called all the dealers, scion corp, trd, vortech and just asked a ton of questions. ken from trdsparks was extremely helpful. they do installs over there all the time so he gave me all the right questions i needed to ask the dealer/mechanic. you should be good at kendal. the thing is, they told me it would be a 2 day installation since they have so many cars to service and they couldnt get me a rental. kendall was too far from me anyway.

in terms of dyno/tune, i wouldnt know where to send ya. ure right tho, you need to tune that puppy. tcpete should know a few places, he just didnt know you had the 9.5 pulley. i forgot where he got his dynod.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok thats cool i gotta get ahold of him. plus i need to find a place to install my front sway bar! cause i can do it but dont wanna go through the hassle. plus i cant do anyuthing right now to my car cause its in my dads garage till i get back from afghanistan. which i will be going in october for almost 3 weeks and then come back to this hell hole for 6 more month. anyways i gotta make an appointment or someting in kendall toyota or something to get it installed.