Regional - Southeast: ATL Metro Atlanta Metropolitan Area

barber Motorsports Scion show during the grand prix

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default barber Motorsports Scion show during the grand prix

Here's the "scoop" (this just materialized today). Barber Motor Sports houses the largest vinatge Motorcyle collection in the world.) Over 1,000 motorcycles under one roof in the museum. It's home of Porche Driving experience also. It has a 2 1/2 mile winding track through the hills of north Alabama just to the east of Birmingham. There will be a special section for Scion owners to show off their rides. The Southeast Scion street team may also be there. The dates are July 21-23. Keep checking Scion Life for more details to come. Link to Barber Motorsports at :

http://www.barbermotorsports.com/

I'm starting a list so post your s/n up if your going-

1. lppro-xb
Old 06-24-2006, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

that sounds awesome! dunno if i'll go... the 22nd is the SIBLING RIVALRY (TOYOTA, SCION, LEXUS) show in jax... i' dont think i can travel fbetween the two.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

dont think a drive to alabama is in my book for the near future..but it sounds cool tho man! have fun
Old 06-26-2006, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I was informed that I posted the wronge dates.... it is actualy the weekend of the 28-30th... so I wont be thare because I'm going on vacation that week...... but the show must go on.....
Old 06-30-2006, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

well hey give us more info - more info =more excitement .. more excitement = more interest which then makes more people wanna go... so more info for sure. that weekedn there is a charity event in Orlando. so those that may not be able to travel - will prolly go to that event. those that CAN travel might be able to make this one. traveling is hard for us b/c we have NO VACATIOn time and no travel money... so mad-sciontist and i may not be able to go. =( but keep us updated on the event! we will help hype it up
Old 07-10-2006, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Barbers

Info directly from the web site:

America’s fastest growing sports car series features sleek Daytona Prototypes and GT cars racing on one of North America’s finest road courses. Grand American Road Racing boasts two strong series – the Rolex Sports Car Series and the Grand-Am Cup Series.

In addition, don't miss the exciting racing action of the World Karting Association. The 125cc Super Karts USA and the 250cc United States Super Karts will once again take part in this adrenaline-packed weekend!

Club members would need to purchase their tickets in advance by going to the Southtix web site. Here's a direct link: https://www.southtix.com/grandam-tickets.html

Once there, you just need to enter the code in the box marked "Car Club/Corporate Discount." The code is: carclub06

Once the code is entered, click on "Order tickets" at the bottom of the form. This will take you to a new form just for car club members. Click on the pulldown window to select your club or marque, then select the type and number of tickets desired. You'll also need to select the number of car corral parking passes you want and enter the year and make of your car(s).

With your purchase you will get a free paddock pass (a $20 value if purchased at the gate). The car corral is also the only track-side parking at this event, and the level of excitement generated there is just another added bonus. You will find that when you register all scions clubs are under one heading this is to our advantage since everyone will all be considered one big club and than we can beat those snooty porsche owners. OH YEAH BABY!!!!

Lets show up and show out

Tom
Old 07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default barbers

Well we got our tickets so Me and the Missus (Betty) will be bringing the

Sagan's two xB road show to Barbers and we will be..... representin

I hope y'all will follow us and buy your tickets if nothing else we can say

we beat a porsche LOLOLOLOL

Tom