Notices
Scion FR-S Owner's Lounge
Scion FR-S Forum - The Scion sport coupe

FR-S vs Tennessee Mountain Roads

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:34 AM

Default FR-S vs Tennessee Mountain Roads

I traded my heavily modded RS 7.0 xB for a beautiful Ultramarine FR-S. I took a test drive, fell in love, and drove it off the lot without even looking back. This is my third Scion and I can't imagine driving anything else. There are enough curvy, twisting roads here to keep me happy. Hubby didn't like getting in and out of the car and complained...until he drove it. It's not a family car. It's not a passenger car. It's a driver's car.

Last edited by Hellen4Wheels; 09-23-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What part of Tennessee were you in? I'm in TN as well.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:16 PM

Well, two months later...I'm living in Washington County and working in Sullivan. We're hoping to get a house soon near Bristol. I have been trying to revive interest in Scikotics here with no success. I'm tagging and talking, but nothing is happening. I love driving the FR-S on the back roads, though. This car is amazing.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Awesome! Congrats again.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just spent a few days in the mountains with an FR-S myself. Hated the drive to the mountains and back, loved the time in the mountains.

Fix for the torque issue:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 AM

Too funny! I was born in Kingsport but live in Tampa, FL now. I probably know the roads you travelled! Enjoy!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I moved from Seattle to Campbellsville KY. I work at Fort Knox, a 124 mile round trip daily commute, half of which is fun KY twisties through cattle and crop territory.

I drive a white 2006 Scion XB. And I noticed the guy in the farm house a mile from mine drives a brown same generation scion Xb but I have not seen it for a while. Anyway, I'm looking to get the FR-S in the next couple of weeks for my commute. White, naturally.

Yesterday I'm coming home and what is parked in that neighbor's driveway? A white FR-S! We had a discussion about the car.

We are empty nesters and will keep the xB and our Silverado 4wd pickup (you need one of those here) and the FR-S will be for commuting and visiting grandkids in Chicago and Minneapolis as well as tours around the local states and the coast.

I'm saying all this before test driving one. I'm 6' 1" and may not fit in it, though I used to own and love my Opel GT back in the day. Ride comfort is only a minor concern but road noise is one thing I really want to get away from. I could not care less about a sun roof. Cruise control is a must. It is the singular drawback to the XB, whicy I drove here from Seattle.