Notices
Scion FR-S Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

DIY/Review: Dezod SS Braided Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DIY/Review: Dezod SS Braided Brake Lines

Hey guys a few weeks ago I installed Dezod Motorsports' Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line kit on my FR-S and I've finally finished up this install and review vid I've been wanting to make. Check it out and let me know what you think:

I'm hoping to do more videos like this in the future so if you have any suggestions for improvement, please throw em my way!

Regarding the brake line kit, its a great product. I installed a Dezod brake line kit on my tC a while back and thought it was great then, but I've this mod makes an even bigger difference on the FR-S brakes (probably because FR-S has two-piston front calipers whereas the tC only has single-piston fronts).
The brakes feel more responsive, they have a sharper initial bite and more a consistent response. The theory behind braided brake lines is that they will not "balloon" like the stock rubber ones which decreases brake responsiveness and bite. Overall the brakes have a sportier feel, I'm interested to see how they improve further with better pads down the line.
Additionally the lines are more durable than your stock ones, they'll last longer, and of course, most importantly, they look great ;-)

Name:  DSC_0472_zpsa074574a.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  72.3 KB

Product Page:
http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...ided-brake.cfm

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Drew