Notices
Scion iM Discussion Lounge
Scion iM Forum - Newest compact hatchback

Trading in my Yaris for an iM

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member

Default Trading in my Yaris for an iM

I've been a "hot hatch" fan since I was a child. But now I'm a working adult and am buying a less expensive new car. My first car was a 2009 Yaris. Was a great little economy car but didn't have the style I wanted.

I wish the iM had more features, like HID/led headlamps or more powerful motor as an option, but I really like the folding mirrors and navigation and it has the style I want.

I got cosmic blue and the rear bumper protector. I'll post pics when I can.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

You'll be very happy. I had an XB which was the same motor as the Yaris. This car is very fun with just a few small things done to it.

I have had mine since Sep 9th and couldn't be happier. I had ordered one of the Blue (Electric Storm Blue is the paint name) and had to wait for it as none of the local dealers had any, but it was worth the wait. I did not get the Navigation I thought it was a bit too pricey, but may add it myself later if the cost comes down some.

Name:  IMG_2878_zpsay5t67oz.jpg
Views: 24860
Size:  223.7 KB
Old 11-11-2015, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member

I would trade my Yaris for an iM as well... if only Scion hadn't messed with the original Auris design. Leave it to Scion to turn a great looking car into something so juvenile. I wish Toyota had simply introduced this car in original form as the new Toyota Corolla hatchback.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:56 PM

I was going to trade my Yaris in for an iM but the dealership was only willing to give me peanuts for it. I sold it privately, made an extra $2000 and put the deposit down on the iM yesterday. They said it's on a train somewhere between the Pacific ocean and here so hopefully I'll have it within a week.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EvanB
I was going to trade my Yaris in for an iM but the dealership was only willing to give me peanuts for it. I sold it privately, made an extra $2000 and put the deposit down on the iM yesterday. They said it's on a train somewhere between the Pacific ocean and here so hopefully I'll have it within a week.
I sure hope your brand new car is NOT on a train in the Pacific Ocean - If so, it'll take a lot longer than a week to get it from the bottom of the sea floor.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by torqueTc
I sure hope your brand new car is NOT on a train in the Pacific Ocean - If so, it'll take a lot longer than a week to get it from the bottom of the sea floor.
You had me questioning my sanity for a second there! Not on the pacific ocean, but between the coast and here.

We took delivery on November 24th. Very pleased.
Attached Thumbnails Trading in my Yaris for an iM-img_0998-1-.jpg