Notices
Scion iQ Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

iQ-t

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anything info????

This is so attempting...I'm tired dealing with straight up ricers around here. I think it's time to give them a lesson! "girl, clown car" just wouldnt look good! lol
Old 08-08-2011, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

How bout making a turbo kit for the xD Sad that there is not a bolt on for the xD as long as its been out now, yet it looks as if there may be one available for the iQ when it is released...Can't wait to see this...
Old 08-08-2011, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Oh this is a must watch thread.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there's always aftermarket for these cars in the homeland. except the xD's.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member

So uh, the teaser pic looks stock. I've a Weapon-R air intake already. The stock air intake is a joke. Scion's got the whole engine breathing through a hole you couldn't drop a pack of cigarettes into. So the open-air canister actually makes a noticeable difference. I'd love to see a supercharger, and I'm researching how to build one now...thinking an in-line Dyson digital motor, probably re-purpose a DC16...

The stock radiator, water reservoir, and air filter are all molded into 1 giant part that spans the grill and can't be removed piecemeal. Fit issues abound, but I think it could be done.

Again: I'll believe it when I see it. Don't bother with the teaser. Let's see a working prototype.

Speaking of here's my Weapon-R air intake installed on my iQ:

Last edited by marsrvr; 02-19-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

sweet....
Old 05-08-2012, 08:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doesnt look like theres any room at all. Might have to be a rear mounted (under rear bumper) system...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe rear mounted systems are especially good for space savings because (on low boost apps) the length of the induction pipes cools the air enough that an intercooler isnt needed... however the iQ is so short that this may not be the case lol

but really a 16g on like 4-6psi would be really fun
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by x_Batman_x
doesnt look like theres any room at all. Might have to be a rear mounted (under rear bumper) system...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe rear mounted systems are especially good for space savings because (on low boost apps) the length of the induction pipes cools the air enough that an intercooler isnt needed... however the iQ is so short that this may not be the case lol

but really a 16g on like 4-6psi would be really fun

is there a cat built into the mani? like on the tc and xb2? of not then you could probly use the stock mani if the turbo is mounted further dowm the line.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:13 PM

theres a 50 trim turbo t3/t4 for the iQ now, its front mount it actually uses the stock intake mani, you just need a custome exhaust mani and boosting 5lbs takes the cars stock 94 bhp to 164 bhp. which is a pretty nice jump, if you want to boost more and safer you have to mess with the internals, such as piston rods, rings etc I'm looking into a turbo soon for my iQ but after i pass my 100,000 mile warranty and when there are actual aftermarket internals for the car.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

iQ-t would be a dope sleeper lol, cant wait to see numbers
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member

Any updates on this?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by marsrvr
So uh, the teaser pic looks stock. I've a Weapon-R air intake already. The stock air intake is a joke. Scion's got the whole engine breathing through a hole you couldn't drop a pack of cigarettes into. So the open-air canister actually makes a noticeable difference. I'd love to see a supercharger, and I'm researching how to build one now...thinking an in-line Dyson digital motor, probably re-purpose a DC16...

The stock radiator, water reservoir, and air filter are all molded into 1 giant part that spans the grill and can't be removed piecemeal. Fit issues abound, but I think it could be done.

Again: I'll believe it when I see it. Don't bother with the teaser. Let's see a working prototype.

Speaking of here's my Weapon-R air intake installed on my iQ:
This is a pretty great idea, i was looking into doing the same till i found out most turbos spin 5x as fast as a digital motor. but still would love to see some one try.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also I'm pretty sure Rob was Fkn with you. They dont build on any scion platforms anymore.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:drool

That would be a sweet little roller skate.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so this idea has been scratched?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a Supercharger kit out for the Scion IQ, it is sold by a company called power Enterprise which is located in Japan. Getting the kit over to the US will cost you about $3661.23, exact numbers yep, because I just ordered mine the kit will boost 5lb and the real numbers are about 126-130hp up from the stock 94 HP now, that's what they are saying, I imagine with a nice free flowing exhaust like the one I have, and a couple mods to the air box, or a custom CAI then the numbers may be even a little higher. I'm not really interested in numbers, so I have no plan to dyno mine, ill just enjoy the added horse power, and the weird looks people will have when they look under the hood and see a supercharger on a Scion IQ.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is what the supercharger looks like installed on a Scion IQ. I plan to use red hoses instead of blue, and I will be having the aluminum section of pipe powder coated candy apple red the way I currently have my Injen CAI. I'm also going to be using a K&N drop in factory replacement filter, an I removed the factory carbon filter to let it breath a little better. In the future I may have a custom CAI built, but one thing I've learned about the filter element placement for all the current CAI available for the IQ is that they are far from being a cold air intake as they are placed where they get all the heat blown off by the radiator and cast off heat from the transmission and Engine. The factory air box actually has an intake bore the same as the throttle body so the snorkel may need to be modified, but the box really isn't that bad. Ill post pics when I get it all together
Attached Thumbnails iQ-t-image.jpg  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Airbagged's supercharged Scion IQ.

Guess the guy who started this thread never got around to the supercharger install. Here is my IQ one of only two I know of supercharged in the US.
Attached Thumbnails iQ-t-image.jpg