Notices
Scion iQ ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Not so Random USB player in Pioneer Unit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:00 PM

Default Not so Random USB player in Pioneer Unit

The pioneer audio unit in my Scion IQ PT546-00121 includes the ability to randomize MP3s on a USB by song and by folder. I have multiple folders of MP3s on my USB drive. When I play them Randomized, I might get one or two new tunes played, but then the function will play 7-8 songs in a row - the same 7-8 songs I just heard, or the same songs it played yesterday, or the day before. If I maunally select a song from the lists it will play that song, maybe two or three more, then the same 7-8 songs it gets stuck on. I've had the car a week now, and I've reformatted my USB drive and reloaded it - but the randomizing feature still locks into a small number of songs and repeats them every time I start to listen. I've had Pioneer products in other cars that randomize perfectly (no noticable repeats). I do not have the REPEAT button activated. It might seem minor, but I'm already sick of hearing the same songs everytime I start the car up - Anybody know why this Pioneer unit can't seem to do what other (and cheaper) Pioneer car decks can do?
Old 08-26-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member

I believe that if your play list is made of individual tracks without folders that it will create a new random list each time the USB is inserted and selected. That may not be true however if you simply leave it installed all the time.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I have the same issue! If we have to take the stick out all the time, that is just stupid!!!!! Bad SCION!!!!!!