Notices

BEST BOX SEARCH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:39 PM

Default BEST BOX SEARCH!!!

Scion would like to extend their appreciation to all of our Scion owners nationwide!!

Scion has put together an online car show in search of the freshest Scion(s) across the globe with a grand prize VIP trip for (2) to Long Beach, CA to attend Formula Drift!!

You think your Scion has what it takes to be the best??

Prove it...here's the links to sign up now!!

Scion.com/ownerscontest

Categories include(1) Best Paint Job, (2) Best Interior, (3) Best In-Car-Entertainment, (4) Best Engine, (5) Best XA, (6) Best XB, (7) Best TC, ( Best Street Scion, (9) Best Show Scion, and (10) Best of Show. There is no limit on the number of Categories Entrants may enter but Entrants may only submit up to three (3) photographs per Category.

Hurry contests ends February 8th!!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Cars will be judged by a number of Judges from coast to coast. By uploading photos your Scion will be placed on a slideshow up on Scion.com...its free to enter...what you scared...hahah
Old 12-04-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ownerscontest
...what you scared...hahah
no, it is just a waste of time.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

It's true.

Winners at car shows tend to be the ones who put a ton of money into their car, without regard to how well it was executed.

There's an xA in the area that looks like a$$ and it's all thrown together, but it always wins.

Quality of work should be part of it, and it rarely is.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

One of the problems is, once you have entered, there is no way to view or edit your photos.

But to contradict some of the statements made ... those that pour money into their vehicles are suppose to win, I do agree though that often those with money have no taste or clue how to build a show car because they pay others to do it for them.

But for those of us who work hard for our rides, spend the time, the money and the headaches associated with building a show car, the recognition is deserved.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

KAD
SL Member

heck less comp. for me.. lol i do agree with trik and do know that this is for real, not a who has the deapest pockets. there is more that one class come on red lets play nice!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not worth posting on.........
Old 12-05-2007, 03:09 AM
SL Member

I dont really see what the big deal is, its a competition, it will be cool to see everyones ride, it will be fun.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with some of the others...A 'national' event is too big. And who's to say a 'Chip Foose' in the import industry couldn't whip out three cars and win with each or any of the three. There IS enough time for something like that to happen. Also, how can detail be judged with simple photos? There are SO many variables and this is just going to start a war with who thinks their car deserves the award over a fellow Scion owner.
Also, since Scion has new models out, is the old xB going to stand a chance against the new ones that the dealers are trying to sell? What I mean is...is this a marketing idea to sell more cars? If so, then I don't see a Gen1 xB winning anything as they are not pushing those on the lots.

I DO like going to meets and shows, but not to compete, just to look at others cars, ideas and styles. I have never won a trophy, nor care to, and actually hate having to walk around a pile of trophies in front of someone's car just to SEE the car. A trophy doesn't tell me a car is cool or clean or hot or not. All a trophy does is tell me that someone ELSE think's it's hot....or not, LOL.

Good luck to all that enter! I am eagar to see some kicka$$ cars!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I guess my view is a bit different. I do alot of car shows, none for trophies, considering that I have seen and competed against almost everything Florida has to offer. I look forward to having my xB thrown up against the Randode's of the world. Not for the ego of winning or losing, but to have a chance to see how I measure up to the nation. That is why a national comeptition is so cool. You get to see what else is out there.

You should never be intimidated by the Chip Foose's as you put it, if a vehicle of a much higher level of detail ends up winning the contest then you learn from it and apply what you learned, if that's the route you are taking. Otherwise we enjoy the competition, make new friends and get 15 more minutes of fame you didn't have before.

Remember, this kind of exposure can open you possibilities to new sponsors that do not or cannot offer themselves to the top tier vehicles. All in all I look forward to seeing what else is out there.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:27 AM

I just put my center-drive scion in the contest. I am excited to see how it does. Thanks for giving us Scion owners a chance to do this!
You can check it out on msn (the blue one half the way down):

http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autosh...mentid=5667094

http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autosh...mentid=5672362

Thanks Again Scion!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys are a bunch of wyners
Old 12-06-2007, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by emximer
I dont really see what the big deal is, its a competition, it will be cool to see everyones ride, it will be fun.
thank you, wish more people had your head about these type of events lol

its like the lotto...maybe you'll win maybe you wont... theres nothing to fuss about...
Old 12-06-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

[quote="chrisrobertsxb"]I just put my center-drive scion in the contest. I am excited to see how it does. Thanks for giving us Scion owners a chance to do this!

Now thats what I'm talking about .. would you mind PM'ing me a link to more pictures or sending me more pics? I really want to see this xB.

Thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see your point trik. It's just not for me. To each their own. Good luck with the competition!
Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="trikkonceptz"]
Originally Posted by chrisrobertsxb
I just put my center-drive scion in the contest. I am excited to see how it does. Thanks for giving us Scion owners a chance to do this!

Now thats what I'm talking about .. would you mind PM'ing me a link to more pictures or sending me more pics? I really want to see this xB.

Thanks
Chris, your center drive is Sweet!! Nice to see you on SL.

Anytime people hear contest they get competitive. Most of us are here to just have fun and see what is out there. I could throw a bunch of money at my cars, but that is not me I rather see the people who put it the wrench time and can tell you everything they did be the winner. I know people who go without food, or donate blood just to be able to add on parts. Now that is dedication.

Good luck to everyone who enters.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Thanks! Looks like your in my area too! I know what you mean about the whole not eating to add parts... not to forget the no sleeping thing! I like to do most everything myself though, its is such a thrill when everything is finished! The paint was done by a friend but I did help him sand everything and my girlfriend did the seats. Most everything was paid for out of my own pocket. I work down at a shop in Auburn called Advanced Auto Design (off pike and 15th). I am in California right now helpping Alpine with the C.E.S. project but you should stop by the shop and check it out sometime. Us Scion people gotta stick together

email: chrisrobertsxb@yahoo.com
Old 12-08-2007, 08:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

So much for the 3 pics per catagory. I wanted to enter 2 catagories so I thought I was entering interior pics for the interior contest. Found out after I did only interior pics that those 4 are the only ones I will be allowed to download. So much for the other pics needed for other catagory.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I am gonna enter the hoopty division instead

Quick Reply: BEST BOX SEARCH!!!