Scion Announces tC RS2 Pricing

Old 03-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Scion Announces tC RS2 Pricing

03/22/2006 Torrance, CA
March 20, 2006 -Torrance, CA - Scion, of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., announced today that the second limited-production Scion for 2006, the tC Release Series 2.0 (tC R.S. 2.0), hits dealer showrooms beginning in mid-April.

The 2006 tC Release Series 2.0 will come in a brilliant Blue Blitz Mica. This limited edition tC features a stainless steel mesh upper and lower front grille and 17-inch alloy wheels that come with a satin metallic finish. The tC's only factory option, front seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags, is standard equipment on the R.S. 2.0.

Inside, the tC's front and rear seats are trimmed with black Alcantara®, a suede-like material that provides passengers better friction grip and is more commonly found in luxury or performance vehicles and on aftermarket racing seats. The tC R.S. 2.0 comes standard with a Pioneer Premium AM/FM/CD audio system with iPod connectivity and color-changing LED display.

A Pioneer six-inch subwoofer with 35-watt maximum power complements the upgraded head unit and is tuned specifically for the tC. This compact subwoofer is mounted in the under-floor storage area, keeping it out of sight and leaving the cargo floor clear. This tC also is equipped with XM Satellite Radio and comes with a paid three-month subscription, wherever XM service is available. An individually numbered brushed stainless steel badge completes the uniqueness of this vehicle.

Only 2,600 units of the tC Release Series 2.0 will be built. The tC Release Series 2.0 model will carry a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $1,960 over the base price of the tC. The base MSRP for the tC starts at $16,300.

A 2006 tC Release Series 2.0 will be on display in the Scion booth at the New York International Auto Show.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

not bad price wise but iam just not happy with the car they are comming out with
Old 03-23-2006, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i think we already have a sticky for this....

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=111064
Old 03-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

dude

this is lame

another blue???

does scion have a freakin fetish for blue or what

we already went through 2 blues!!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taek
dude

this is lame

another blue???

does scion have a freakin fetish for blue or what

we already went through 2 blues!!
its 3 blues (azure) rs2 will make 4 and yes this does suck hard. even flint mica has some blue in it.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When is the NY Show, cuz im sure we will be seeing pics popping up soon after this show.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

14th-23rd of april

i want to see what the Fuse will look like
Old 03-23-2006, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

6" sub huh....? hmmm i think ill keep my pants on until i see it on the showroom floor
Old 03-23-2006, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I am glad I got my RS1.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder if the seats are the same style as the standard ones just with Alcantara trim or if they're some kind of new design.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least put on different wheels Scion... right now there is nothing special about that car
Old 03-23-2006, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the blue. The red on the RS1.0 is so ugly. I am really surprised it will have stock wheels on it and not special ones. Overall, it's a pretty disappointing package
Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

After finally seeing a descent picture of the RS2, I must admit, I do like the color (even if it is another blue).
Old 03-23-2006, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScubaLubaSteve
I like the blue. The red on the RS1.0 is so ugly. I am really surprised it will have stock wheels on it and not special ones. Overall, it's a pretty disappointing package
Sorry, just curious here. Are you saying that b/c:
1.) The options offered are not what you think they should be?
2.) The options offered are overpriced?
3.) There are no aftermarket rims on here?

IMO, the options listed are a good value, IF that's what you are looking for. I know I would have loved to see this 3 months ago. I wanted a car a similar color to the 350Z or Mazda 3 blue, side airbags, and upgraded interior (which I did not end up getting anyways). I also was looking for the iPod capability, but this wasn't really much of a selling point for me as the other's were.

I know many of you are saying "It doesn't have rims though." Personally, I would rather get my own wheels and tires and sell the one's that come on here. Dealers/Scion price aftermarket rims/tires way too high IMO and (unless you complain like a ****) you don't get to keep the stock 17's (which I happen to like anyways!).
I guarantee you can find cheaper wheels/tires out there by searching on your own.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-23-2006, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the blue. The red on the RS1.0 is so ugly
It's really not so much about whether you like it or not (even though I'm not crazy about blue, I do understand some people don't like red). Everyone's preference is different.

It's about making a 'special edition' car that has something other cars don't have. With 2 -3 other blue TCs out there, another blue is not so special. At least with the red, it makes the RS1.0 a little more special because there is no such thing as a red TC other than the RS1.0.

I posted this in another thread about the RS2.0, but my story was that I was telling some people about the new RS2.0, and when I told them it was going to be blue, most people immediately respond with, "Oh! I think I've seen it!", and then I have to explain, "No, not that blue, a different blue" and then they look at me like I'm stupid.

I'll put it this way though... if the RS1.0 didn't exist and I was looking to buy a brand new TC, I would probably go with the RS2.0 for the value. It would be worth it for the side-airbags, grill and custom woofer (Although...couldnt' they at least put an eight or 10 inch? Dang).

The RS2.0 should've been a color that's not already offered (Or any variation or shade of that color). Green, yellow, or orange would have been perfect and different and would stand out.

you don't get to keep the stock 17's
That's only if you have a dealer who rips you off. This is how it's suppose to work: The 'release series' is an upgrade package. Which means you take the basic car that you would get, add a few options, and that's your special edition. When I bought my RS1.0, it had the 18s on, and the dealer loaded the trunk with a set of stock 17s and I didn't even have to ask. That's the way it should be becuase I'm paying for the basic car (which comes with 17s) and then paying extra for the upgrades. I sold the stock 17s a week after getting my car. That's what a good and honest dealer should do.

I don't car what kind of car you buy, if you buy 'upgraded rims' from the dealer, then you should be driving away with TWO sets of rims, unless the dealer somehow gives you a discount for the cost of the stock rims you're not getting. I once talked to a cop about the very same thing, and he told me how he walked out of a VW dealership because they wouldn't give him the stock rims or cut the price for not giving them to him. That's smart.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShaolinSuckerPunch
you don't get to keep the stock 17's
That's only if you have a dealer who rips you off. This is how it's suppose to work: The 'release series' is an upgrade package. Which means you take the basic car that you would get, add a few options, and that's your special edition. When I bought my RS1.0, it had the 18s on, and the dealer loaded the trunk with a set of stock 17s and I didn't even have to ask. That's the way it should be becuase I'm paying for the basic car (which comes with 17s) and then paying extra for the upgrades. I sold the stock 17s a week after getting my car. That's what a good and honest dealer should do.

I don't car what kind of car you buy, if you buy 'upgraded rims' from the dealer, then you should be driving away with TWO sets of rims, unless the dealer somehow gives you a discount for the cost of the stock rims you're not getting. I once talked to a cop about the very same thing, and he told me how he walked out of a VW dealership because they wouldn't give him the stock rims or cut the price for not giving them to him. That's smart.
I agree 100%, but it happens... hence why I put this in my post:

Originally Posted by tml057
(unless you complain like a ****) you don't get to keep the stock 17's (which I happen to like anyways!).
I guarantee you can find cheaper wheels/tires out there by searching on your own.
It seems a lot of people on here didn't get there 17's, and (though I haven't researched much) I wonder just how many RS 1.0 buyers recieved 2 sets of rims.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems a lot of people on here didn't get there 17's, and (though I haven't researched much) I wonder just how many RS 1.0 buyers recieved 2 sets of rims
{Raises hand in the air}
Well, at least ONE who didn't even ask or complain. lol.

Ok, I get what you're saying and you're right about that. Unless you know to ask, chances are the dealer will rip you off.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default WEAK!!

This is weak. I expected more on the RS 2.0. I'd rather get and XB2.0 since it gives me two TV monitors in back of the headrests.

Scion should have added a dvd monitor, 18 in rims, cold air intake or supercharger, sway bar, a spoiler, filter, and a few other mods. They could have at least gave you a different body kit.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: WEAK!!

Originally Posted by TempleOwl
This is weak. I expected more on the RS 2.0. I'd rather get and XB2.0 since it gives me two TV monitors in back of the headrests.

Scion should have added a dvd monitor, 18 in rims, cold air intake or supercharger, sway bar, a spoiler, filter, and a few other mods. They could have at least gave you a different body kit.
amen. from the looks of it, people will probably mistaken it for a typical nautical/indigo blue tc with the emblem removed. nothing special here to claim it as rs2.0. at least change the exterior so it stands out from the rest of the tcs, even though pricing has to go up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scion Announces tC RS2 Pricing