Notices

tC Named One of the Worst Poser Cars ... by Jalopnik Readers

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Banned
SL Member

its funny so many people on here call the tc slow and agree with that article but yet you all own a tc and are on a tc forum hahahhahaha
Old 09-24-2010, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some of us could care less about having a fast car...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

As for Hyundai, they've been emulating MB / BMW way before the Genesis. Google the XG 350. A co-worker has one and I was pretty impressed with the fit / finish and overall quality. Of course, for $25k it was no racecar in power or suspension, but similar to Scion it came fully loaded, in this case power seats, windows, leather, butt heating, etc. And in 2002.

BTW, you're not going to get big power with bolt-ons on a four-banger without f/i. I know the Honda guys can do wonders all-motor but there's no way that would ever get out of the factory and pass emmissions, reliability, etc. These things have to be sold in California and at least survive past the 60k mile powertrain warranty.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Banned
SL Member

wonder why there isnt a honda on there, the civic isnt no damn race car neither. I think the tc is capable of producing enough power without F/I. Plus since when do you expect to have a super car for 15k ? Whats a scion posing to be? last time I checked it came from the factory stock with a 160hp motor, add a few grand and ur pushing over 200hp...dont most bmw's come with around 250hp? lol the Si comes with 192 and that damn thing cost around 21k...so who is really tryin to be a "poser"? I guess the author of that article was jealous that the tc is still the most powerfull car on the market for under 16k
Old 09-25-2010, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackonBlack305
wonder why there isnt a honda on there, the civic isnt no damn race car neither. I think the tc is capable of producing enough power without F/I. Plus since when do you expect to have a super car for 15k ? Whats a scion posing to be? last time I checked it came from the factory stock with a 160hp motor, add a few grand and ur pushing over 200hp...dont most bmw's come with around 250hp? lol the Si comes with 192 and that damn thing cost around 21k...so who is really tryin to be a "poser"? I guess the author of that article was jealous that the tc is still the most powerfull car on the market for under 16k
The sheer stupidity in this post has given me a headache.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TC

I'm originally a Honda guy and will always be into them. I know a lot of people on here aren't too fond of them. I didn't get another one after having 4 Hondas because I hate having to deal with what comes with owning one. I stopped street racing back in 2001. Yet everyone still kept trying to race me in my civic. I got a 3.0 CL since I started a family and still had people effin with it. I got the TC because I wanted to venture into something that was new and practical to me and for me to own. I love it because it's a true hatch/liftback. Those things with four doors and a hatch are wagons (get it right people. Acoustics are better in hatches. Thank you for your time.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Banned
SL Member

coming from a guy who drives a station wagon lol
Old 09-26-2010, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlackonBlack305
*facepalm* I seriously think this forum gets dumber everytime you post something.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
*facepalm* I seriously think this forum gets dumber everytime you post something.
LMAO! under 16k? used?
Old 09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

blackonblack305....

You are probably the most stereotypical person on the forums....

Any post that you make... the only thing I can think of is the MTV show "Jersey Shore".

Seriously... you try to make your car go over 140 mph. Idk where you would even hit 140 mph. But I hope that you do it on a stretch of land where no one except for you can be injured/killed by your sheer stupidity.

You post up a link to a burn out in your garage. Congratulations. You are SOOOOOOO cool.

You think that the Rx-8 TB is a useless mod. Did you even BOTHER looking at Max's build or any of his posts for that matter?

We call the tC slow... because it is SLOW stock. We're not all like you and acting like a stock tC is going to hang with an Si, Sti, or evo.

Add a couple grand and the tC is a "monster"... yeah... whoo.... take 1 grand buy a 91 accord. drop 1 grand for a h22... and I'll still run faster and I spent less money. Hell.... take the base model impreza and drop a "couple" grand. Take pretty much any car stock and drop a couple grand and you get the same result. Same can be said for the focus, corolla, camary, accord, taurus, colbalt, G5, G6, etc. etc. Your argument is pretty much worthless.

You need to stop pretending you're Paul Walker from Fast and Furious. Street racing is dumb. Not only do you put yourself at risk but you also put other innocent people at risk.

Keep doing burnouts in your garage. Have fun trying to hit 140 mph.

GROW UP.

Oh and I love how in your vid of you're "CRAZY TC BURNOUT" you posted up in the comments, "Look at that left tire not even turning, thats the open differential at work."

You didn't even know what that was.

as shown by your locked thread.... https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193612

You, yes... the individual you, is probably one of the reasons that people don't "respect" scion in the tuning crowd.

Last edited by wlfpck; 09-29-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:29 AM

This is crap yo! I paid good money for all those pep boy NOS stickers!! I SMOKED a Ford Taurus the other day! They didn't think i was slow! Seriously though I've owned and built mustangs my whole life. I know the difference between performance and poser. I bought a tC because Toyota has amazing reliability and the tC looks good. Not to mention it handles decent and performs well for the price i paid for it. I've thrown a few dollars in mods at it because i can't leave any car well enough alone but it's because i love to feel a little kick in the ___ every now and then getting on to the freeway. All that and i get 5 mpg more than the poser down the street in the rice rocket civic. Its the guys with the ebay body kits, twin fart can mufflers, giant spoilers, and purple HIDs (which my gf has on her v6 saturn aura XR haha) that make the tC look poser. Or any car for that matter. I saw a Z06 vette two weeks ago with a giant spoiler and stickers that was rice to the bone! Pure V-8 American rice! Its the posers who drive it not the car. Besides i've yet to see a tC around here that was done up distastefully or an owner who was a douche bag.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
What? The tC is a beast! Mine is a super bullet. Its got amazing hp. 161 to the flywheel and tq to match. I be taking on supra's R35's and vettes all day!! I no poser I da man yo! My car is totally bomb!
^say werd!?!^ Me too! they should have put Rt10 vipers on that list cause i keeps them in my rear view fo sho! All i need is ten more psi and i should be able to take on the powerfull civic. (Lol)

Why the hell isn't civics on this list. I've seen 100s more s#!t kicker noise maker exhaust whannabee ricers, then tCs.

Stock tC>Civic all day!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kettamina1000
people drift with a fwd??? im shur this article was refering to people riding stock not heavly modded with absolutly no scion parts left in the car cept the frame...

He thinks tanner fousts (Custom RWD V8 scion tc) is the base model.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BleackOne

He thinks tanner fousts (Custom RWD V8 scion tc) is the base model.
thats not a dealer option?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No... but, AWD TT with NOS stickers and Lambo doors is
Old 09-30-2010, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there puttin TT on scions now? wow
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lambo doors fit on the tC??? Pics??? That's a definite hack job if it's been done, yes I'm talking of the physical OEM door.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
Lambo doors fit on the tC??? Pics??? That's a definite hack job if it's been done, yes I'm talking of the physical OEM door.
vertical doors...
Old 09-30-2010, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^I know this, it just annoys me when one says they have Lambo doors on their ____, it doesn't sound right at all. We're just used to hearing them being called that.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ack154
http://jalopnik.com/5633892/

I think they have the tC partially nailed - as far as getting people into Toyota, but it only becomes a poser car when posers start buying it thinking that it is something it is not. It is not a race car. It is not a sports car. It is not a performance car. It is an econocar that is slightly sporty and can be fun to drive.... nothing more. Nothing less.

Thinking it is more than that is what makes it a poser car, IMO.
I dunno. I have a Hachiroku I bought new in 1985, and the tC is everything that car was, er, except RWD, of course. A car this light with 165 HP isn't anything to sneeze at, and I can throw it around almost as easily as the Hachi.

Quick Reply: tC Named One of the Worst Poser Cars ... by Jalopnik Readers