Notices

Welcome to Scionlife.com Beta

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I want to say first that i know that the scionlife page needed a facelift but really have to say that I do not like the site. Before on the old layout everything was there and not "wayyy tooo busy" - I am a systems admin and have internal pages at work and external pages. One main thing from a design aspect is that the user needs to be able to see what he/she needs and go there. As a person that is well versed on websites, I am getting lost all over the site. The simple dropdown of where I normally go (scion, tc, forced induction ..etc etc etc) is not so simple anymore. Please, I beg, make the site more user friendly. I was hoping to see changes but it seems like this is the final layout? Sorry I did not read all the posts (im at work) but please think about what I am saying.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it's not easy to find things.

also idk if it's just me but ever since the change the TC page gas been the same... also the f/s section dosent show up.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the tc page isn't changing. it's been the same forever now, and the f/s section dosent show up.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
SL Member

how the hell do I get to the XB2 forum, or is their not one anymore?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Banned

Nice Work Man.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

well THANK YOU for whatever adjustments you made to the site in the last couple of days....when the new version came out I was unable to post any longer, I could read everything just not post. I only post from my samsung epix phone, sometime between yesterday and tonight I was able to make 1 post, then I had shut off the phone and when I restarted it, couldn't post again. I saw Tomas's post to someone else about switching to Standard on the message editor and tried that...once again I can post, so thanks again.....one more issue with this phone and samsung is getting it back in a million little pieces....
Old 08-17-2009, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope this isn't happening again. Lately I have been getting some DB connection errors. Only happened 2 times in the last 5 days I'd say:

Just a FYI:

Database error The ScionLife Home of the Scion xA, Scion xB and Scion tC owner and enthusiast database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.scionlife.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.scionlife.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
i dont like it but im getting used to it, i dont like how at the top i cant scroll right to the tC wheel forum, or the boston forum, or a specific one but oh well nothing a couple extra click wont fix.

i also HATE how how my profile was deleted, i didnt even get teh change to copy and paste my old one
Dave, your old profile WAS NOT deleted. If you click your user ID above your avatar you will go to your new profile, but if you click your smaller user ID below your avatar, you will go to your old Profile, just as it always was...

That was the only way they could figure out to retain all the data that was carried in the old profile.

We ARE trying to make it better, but that is what you have right now.

Right now I'm loading Vanilla up to head on vacation (driving to Montana), but will be back next week.

Hopefully some of the stuff folks are currently working on (like the drop-down menus at the top of the page) will get done before I get back.

Tom
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The website is so much harder to use now. And because of that I never go here anymore that much.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

why is it that new threads won't show up on the home screen "recent thread" part, even when u post them they won't show up or anything. even when u reply to them it takes forever for them to show up there