Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

'08 HID fog light problem..I need help

Old 02-14-2013, 12:15 AM

Default '08 HID fog light problem..I need help

Ok, I know it was a mistake to buy on Ebay first of all, but I already spent the money lol. I bought an HID front vent fog light kit from Motor Energy a while back and I still can't get them to work.

I have my toggle switch power spliced into the ignition wire, and that is connected through the firewall to a relay, which will click on and off so I know the toggle switch and relay are working properly. From the relay I have 4 wires, the toggle switch wire, the ground wire (which is grounded at the factory ground in the driver wheel well), the hot wire (connected to the battery), and the wire that connects both of the fogs to the relay.

I have the front right units ground wire connected to the front left units ground wire, which are then grounded to the factory ground in the wheel well.

Individually, if I press the hot and ground from each unit directly to the leads on the battery they work perfectly. Once I hook them together and connect them to the relay they do not work at all....I have checked over all my connections several times to make sure nothing is loose. all the grounds are solid and the hot to the battery is solid, but nothing seems to work. Will I have to ground the units wires separately? I figured connecting them together and grounding them would do the same thing un-hindered. I had also thought it was a bad relay, until my new one came in the mail and I connected it only to find the same problem . It's like the power just isn't being sent to the fogs at all!!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

The only mistake you made was not getting spec D, eBay is actually very legit if you aren't the idiot who just buys on looks not reading the detail and description. Not saying you are . Anyways I went with spec D projector headlights and got a bundle w/ their fog lights for 190 on eBay and free shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk