Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

2005 Custom Widebody/Turbo Scion tC New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice tC. Its not exactly my taste, but its good to see something unique.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got to drive the car a few times before it was sold to you(I used to work for Garm), it was deff fun to drive, I wanted to buy it so badly, but couldn't afford it(even thou it was soo cheap). This is by far the best widebody tC out there, you got a nice one off there, glad to see you are taking car of it. Oh...the paint looks very light in the pictures, but its actually a bit darker in person, looks good in and out.

BTW..the day you were test driving it, i drove by you, I think your girlfriend was getting out to trade seats with you, I was driving the 2 tone silver and black tC that said Hamer and Scion on it, not sure if you saw me, but either way congrats on the car and keep it going, this car was never really showcased out here in Cali, I think it was at one or two shows only, then sat in a storage whare house for almost a year.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Law is you need 3 break lights in working order at all times
Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toeveryhour
Yep. The girl, lol.

Sucks now that they shut down Northern. Stupid Honda Ricers. Where do you go now to meet up with people?
I go to Deer Valley and 20th ave. by arbys or the other place is 51st ave and bell i believe... Sundays we meet up at star bucks on 99th and mcdowell
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
I got to drive the car a few times before it was sold to you(I used to work for Garm), it was deff fun to drive, I wanted to buy it so badly, but couldn't afford it(even thou it was soo cheap). This is by far the best widebody tC out there, you got a nice one off there, glad to see you are taking car of it. Oh...the paint looks very light in the pictures, but its actually a bit darker in person, looks good in and out.

BTW..the day you were test driving it, i drove by you, I think your girlfriend was getting out to trade seats with you, I was driving the 2 tone silver and black tC that said Hamer and Scion on it, not sure if you saw me, but either way congrats on the car and keep it going, this car was never really showcased out here in Cali, I think it was at one or two shows only, then sat in a storage whare house for almost a year.
Yeah i remember that car.. LOL. I almost didnt buy it cause it wouldnt stay running. The uni chip computer in it was fried. It wouldnt let the car go over 2 grand rmp or it would die... and it had a huge vacuum leak causing the idle to sound like a honda and the oil leak. I have been having some engine problems.... The turbo is leaking oil threw the seals so it would get smoking really good sometimes. and the return hose where it connects to the turbo on the housing has a huge crack that leaks oil.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davidward
Yeah i remember that car.. LOL. I almost didnt buy it cause it wouldnt stay running. The uni chip computer in it was fried. It wouldnt let the car go over 2 grand rmp or it would die... and it had a huge vacuum leak causing the idle to sound like a honda and the oil leak. I have been having some engine problems.... The turbo is leaking oil threw the seals so it would get smoking really good sometimes. and the return hose where it connects to the turbo on the housing has a huge crack that leaks oil.
I was aware of some of the things that needed fixing, but I didn't know it was that many, I'm sure Garm told you about the known problems, he's a straight up guy and I'm sure he told you about the problems he knew about, like I said before, he never really drove it so it would have been hard for him to know about the rest of the problems, he drove it on the street once or twice and that was it(that's prob. the biggest reason why he sold it that cheap, when he first bought it he was very excited about it, but unfortunately the previous owner Tony "taek" screwed him big time in this deal and he lost interest in the car over time), it sat in that wharehouse for ever lol....hope you get those things taken cared of and good luck with the car.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I wanna see a picture of this car on its prime!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

2 tone this tC to match your xB. that would be sick, and get it away from the fact that someone else had it.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:44 PM

what kit is that? i know its custom, but it had to have started out with some sort of base for fabrication.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shainifer06
what kit is that? i know its custom, but it had to have started out with some sort of base for fabrication.
Not sure about the front, but it used to have this front bumper before(so maybe they worked off that):

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/alb...pictureid=4347

The side skirts are deff. these:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/alb...pictureid=4348

The rear might have started with this:

http://www.streetconcept.com/3574.html
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i miss this car. its been 3 years! still looking good though.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM

you can tell that its got the Rado Flares, thats pretty obvious, but i've never seen an inlay on the front bumper that deep b4.. curious if that was all fab'd
Old 04-05-2010, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all bodywork including the custom front bumper, fender work, paint, molding are done by autoxplosion in gardena, CA.

front bumper is one off built off a stock bumper. and no those arent rado flares.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i remember when he had a custom bumper fitted for a lexus is300...that stage of his car was dope
Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Originally Posted by shainifer06
you can tell that its got the Rado Flares, thats pretty obvious, but i've never seen an inlay on the front bumper that deep b4.. curious if that was all fab'd
Are you blind? Glasses might help because those are not "rado flares," not even close. The whole kit is a one-off.

I like it back when taek had it and now still. Fix those engine problems and that bumper fitment and you'll be golden.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FLINTstone
i remember when he had a custom bumper fitted for a lexus is300...that stage of his car was dope
That was a C-West replica front bumper(I later had that bumper made by streetconcept), that phase of the car was nice with that bronze pain job, the guy had a talent for building cars, too bad early on he gained a really bad rep, stepping over the wrong(like he did with me, but I put him in his place) toes and ripping off a bunch of people for their money, including the previous owner of this car.

OK, well back on topic, hope you get everything straighten out with the car and have fun driving it, that's if you plan on driving it for fun, I lived out in AZ for about 8 months and most of the roads out there are horrible, the body kit I had at the time got all jacked up, but I'm sure you're very aware of that, he he...
Old 04-07-2010, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

^^^post a picture if you have it for old times sake...
Old 04-07-2010, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FLINTstone
^^^post a picture if you have it for old times sake...
Here you go, I'm sure the current owner might want them too(if he has not seen then already of course):

Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn gwtc

are you like his biggest fan?

you know so much about his car and have so many pictures
Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Originally Posted by latebBboomer
damn gwtc

are you like his biggest fan?

you know so much about his car and have so many pictures
Taek's tC was pretty big when it first came out and even I have those pics. Anyone that has been here for some time knows about the bigger cars that have come through. Your two cents is necessary.

EDIT: Looked through your posts. You claim to be Taek...

Last edited by Big_Bird; 04-08-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 2005 Custom Widebody/Turbo Scion tC New Pics