Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

6k HID DDM tuning install question..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:17 PM

Default 6k HID DDM tuning install question..

So I was trying install my hids earlier and I was wondering how the HID bulbs keep in place after putting in the headlight housing? I tried doing a search on install guides from DDM but could not find anything. Thanks guys!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 AM
SL Member

They should just lock into the housing like your stock bulbs...
Old 12-04-2013, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If they look like they're in but won't lock into the housing then the HID's gasket might be a tad too fat. I had the same problem and discovered this fix on my own.

Take the gasket off of your old bulbs and replace the aftermarket gasket. If the old bulb's gasket fit before, why wouldn't it fit now? On my first upgraded Sylvania Silverstars and now on my current HID kit the gasket was an orange color and the only rubber thing on the whole bulb if my memory serves me right. (I tried Silverstars first because I was broke at the time. I was one of those guys that had an HID kit for my Low beams but still had Silverstars for High beams because I couldn't afford both kits at the same time lol. Damn that was an ugly looking combo! But my Low beams overpowered the High beams to the point that my High beams were useless so I didn't use them much)

A word of Caution!! Don't remove the gasket, install the bulb, and call it a day. That gasket keeps moisture out of your headlight housing. So unless you live where the humidity is always 0% or actually like that fogged over look from condensation, make sure you have the gasket installed and check that you didn't tear or break it during its removal and installation.

Hope that helps your problem. I've messed with my headlights on multiple occasions, swapping out cheap ballasts and blown bulbs. The kit that I've settled with is a Kensun 6K kit for High and Low beams. They are, IMHO, the best HIDs for the price and the price isn't that high. I've had them installed for about 2 years now and have had no problems so far *knock on wood*. Good luck with your install and I hope I wasn't too late to help! Lol

Last edited by BLIZZWHTPRL1071; 12-04-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Fixed a bunch of spelling errors. Don't you hate it when that happens? lol
Old 12-04-2013, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

did you order the correct bulb?
Old 12-05-2013, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I happened to stop at an Autozone yesterday to pick up some sockets and saw the headlight bulbs so I figured I'd post a pic to better explain what I already said in case you didn't understand. I tend to ramble a lot.

The gasket in question is that white band around the middle of the bulb. My HIDs had an Orange band. Same thing. Hope that helps.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

about 3 years ago i ordered a set of ddm for my lows and for some reason the rubber seal was to thick so i swapped the seals with the halogen bulb ones and it worked

but about 4 months ago i ordered different color hid bulbs for the lows and the seal on them were to thin so i swapped the seal form the 1st set of hids bulbs (holagen seal) and it worked
Old 12-09-2013, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by KILLER
did you order the correct bulb?
yes, H11s
Old 12-09-2013, 07:03 PM

Alright thanks guys!