Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Different Lamborgini Style Doors

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Different Lamborgini Style Doors

Hello my name is Brian and this is one of my first posts on here.Let me apoligize to the Mods if this is the wrong forum but here it goes.Ive been researching some lambo style doors for quite some time and i stumbled upon this site that offers a kit like no other...The doors still open horizontally and go up 90 degrees, its a universal kit and claims to hold up to 300lbs worth of doors.I just thought anyone who was looking for a lambo door kit but wasnt satified with the brands that let the doors just kinda hang this is for you.And in no way am I affiliated with this site just wanted to get it out in the open.God i talk too much well heres the site... http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/gtf.htm

If anyone would like to add their opinion it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 08:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

These doors look really cool i like how they open horizontally and then vertically it seems like the convetional style lambo doors are a pain in the but to get in and out of.
How much?
Old 11-17-2005, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can someone photoshop the tC's doors to the same degree the site shows...
To give us an idea on how hard it'd be to get in with this kit??
Old 11-17-2005, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I like.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mr2death
These doors look really cool i like how they open horizontally and then vertically it seems like the convetional style lambo doors are a pain in the but to get in and out of.
How much?
Well on the website its $999.00 plus three different kinds of shipping...Either a $50 Fedex Ground,$150 Fedex Standard overnight,or $200 Fedex First Overnight.So all in all around $1000
Old 11-17-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

they are about a thousand, and for some reason, the install prices on these things are crazy. ive seen numbers anywhere from 500 dollars to 1500 dollars. insane, and definetely not worth the price IMO
Old 11-18-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I really like these better than the VDI doors, when it comes to functionality.... now to just wait for someone to buy and install these, for us to see how easy it is and if we can do it...
Old 11-18-2005, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im still on the fence with lambo style doors. i cant decide if they are worth the hassle for the look.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I dunno... I def like them.. gives just that one more reason for those single guys and gals to have someone break their neck to take a look.. or gives someone a reason to approach you too.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What if you park close to another car? does it have to go all the way horizontally before it goes up?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No.... That's why they are so great... they just go out a little, then rotate right up... the problem with VDI doors is that they only go up so far, these go up all the way to around 90 degrees, which is a lot better for us tall guys....
Old 11-18-2005, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, i see what you mean, I'm 6'3 195 and i think these would be much better than the usual ones we see. Installation price kinda turns me off though
Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rice....

keep them on lamborghini's, SLK's etc...

I find it funny that these doors are on hummers etc...wow

nice product, but ...yeah...nope
Old 11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

That word is so overused....

Although I don't know about how they really look on the tC, I think that those who have invested the time and money to install them have done some cool things....

I would consider rice to be used more as a term of something added to a car to accomplish a supposed performance addition, or resemble a performance addition, but provide nothing in terms of real performance.... IE - Huge Wings, Gaudy Body Kits, Side Vents that go nowhere, etc...

Outside aesthetic mods that you may not like the looks of... I don't know if they'd be considered "Rice" just because of that...
Old 11-18-2005, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just in case you are in a hurry or don't feel like putting on a show at the gas station you can enter and exit the vehicle just by opening the door horizontally not vertically whenever you see fit.
That's what I like about them.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ehhh it's still rice to me
Old 11-18-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

I fail to see how these are in any way "Special" They certainly aren't the only company that does Lambo door kits that open in that same fashion. And as for lambo doors in general. Keep em on Lamborghinis! No matter how high the quality of the kit is. Lambo Doors will ALWAYS make your fenders Sag over time.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

so what so pricey about the install? they just weld on right?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlkSandPrlTurbotC
ehhh it's still rice to me
Funny how you have a picture of George Bush under your name and you make ignorant comments like that.I understand that you may not find them tasteful,but some people like the way they look.I agree that the hummers and expeditions on the website with this kit looked totally retarted but IMO this would add a nice touch to a car for someone like me who isnt out to be the next Brian Spilner and race his car up the streets without any concern for the people on the roads,just someone who wants their car to look like noone elses car in a parking lot.Im done
Old 11-19-2005, 10:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tckurt
Funny how you have a picture of George Bush under your name and you make ignorant comments like that.I understand that you may not find them tasteful,but some people like the way they look.I agree that the hummers and expeditions on the website with this kit looked totally retarted but IMO this would add a nice touch to a car for someone like me who isnt out to be the next Brian Spilner and race his car up the streets without any concern for the people on the roads,just someone who wants their car to look like noone elses car in a parking lot.Im done

tckurt

oh man where do i begin...

1. Your a complete noob
2. Do research on why i have a bush avatar nimrod (i.e. look up my topics, you'll understand why)
3. Yeah your right some people like the way they look, but guess what I dont like them, it's my opinion, if you dont like it, tough nuts, i really dont care.
4. Think before you speak/post next time
5. This kit is a total waste of money, you can spend it on I.C.E or some performance parts
6. See #'s 1,2, 3, 4 and 5
7. To better explain #2, I will save you the time...I hate Bush with a passion, if you would do a search for "Avatars" that I created probably before you joined the site you will see that I completely hate bush and that my avatar speaks for itself.
8. Better yet let me help you out ...since you are a noob.....

^^ STARE REALLY HARD.....

and here is the topic.... https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=92337

9. See #'s 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8

10. You've officially been PWN3D

Quick Reply: Different Lamborgini Style Doors