Front Bumper - Scionlife.com

Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Old 05-16-2018, 05:24 AM   #1  

Default Front Bumper

Good afternoon guys, sorry if this thread has already been created, but I couldn't find one. So my whole front bumper is all messed up now due to a little fender bender I got into a while back and was just seeing what everyone thinks I should get to replace it.

What aftermarket ones do y'all have and are they worth it to get them and everything with it?

Thank you.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-22-2018 at 03:57 AM.
hessay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 AM   #2  
SL Member

Assuming you mean the plastic bumper cover and not the metal bumper bar, I looked into these before but was disappointed by most. Obviously a new/used/reproduction original design is the best "easy" swap since you can get pre-painted bumpers from sellers on eBay and similar (I bought a pre-painted spoiler like that and it was a 100% match color wise).

There are a few alternate designs that are supposed to be more "body kit" looking and some look interesting, but they are hit or miss. A lot are fibreglass and require a lot of modifications just to mount up properly and more work yet to match up with body lines, not to mention paint prep. Also a lot more prone to damage and cracking. If you can find a good aftermarket bumper made of proper plastic (polypropylene usually) then I'd give it a shot, but for the most part consider this: most people are using original or reproduction bumpers and just adding lip/widebody kits on top of that.

With all the above I'm assuming this is a daily driver, as was mine when I was looking into these. I hope this is the kind of info you were wanting.
Eight_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote