Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

HALO hid kit- updated -more new pix on page 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok maybe I'm missing something, if I do get relays, which I probably will, do I need to get two or will one work. Meaning do I need a relay for each ballast or just one in general?
Old 09-07-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just one, it splits the power to both ballasts.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u can get 1 or two, it's a preference

how the relay works is when u switch on to the low beams, it triggers teh relay to (OMG A SWITCH THAT SWITCHES ON ANOTHER SWITCH) connect the ballast directly to the battery for power. This means the inital higher amp drawn will not go through your whole car, just from the harness to the ballast

now with that said, a harness can be made to power up both ballast since it's directly connected to the battery, but you will have to electrical tape the unused one

OR, alternatively and safer, use two harnesses, (each with it's own relay) where each will power each individual ballast

i made my own, my harness uses one of the 9006 conectors from the car. I have tons of relays since my brother works for honda ^^
Old 09-07-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by raWr215
u can get 1 or two, it's a preference

how the relay works is when u switch on to the low beams, it triggers teh relay to (OMG A SWITCH THAT SWITCHES ON ANOTHER SWITCH) connect the ballast directly to the battery for power. This means the inital higher amp drawn will not go through your whole car, just from the harness to the ballast

now with that said, a harness can be made to power up both ballast since it's directly connected to the battery, but you will have to electrical tape the unused one

OR, alternatively and safer, use two harnesses, (each with it's own relay) where each will power each individual ballast

i made my own, my harness uses one of the 9006 conectors from the car. I have tons of relays since my brother works for honda ^^

Excellent, thanks for the response- I think I'll be on the safe side then and get two..... I believe I will just order two from somewhere and have them delivered to the person putting on the sale on the tib forum and have him connect them to the kit- so when I get it- it will still be plug and play....we'll see
Old 09-07-2006, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually, some harness kits are 1 seperate harness... if you see two relays, it's usually two separate harness

i think 90% of them sold are 2 harnesses?

just make sure they are

i'd go to xenondepot for theirs, i think they use 12-14 gauge wires (u might want to double check on that)
Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you buy a pre-made harness instead of making your own like raWr215 did be aware that the positive/negative leads to connect to the battery and the 9006 connector for the trigger will not be long enough to have the passenger side connect to the second relay (something would have to be extended). You will be fine with just the one so don't worry about it too much...on to the pics of your lights!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh really?
good thing i made my own XD
Old 09-07-2006, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello Everybody, I am the seller of HALO HIDs on Newtiburon.com and various other automotive forums. I am getting ready to launch my HIDs and OEM drilled/slotted rotors onto the Scion forums.

Below are answers to a few common questions.

1. Do I need a relay harness?
A relay harness is not necessary for the kit to function properly and one is not supplied with the kit. However, if you would feel safer having one installed. A dual relay harness is available for $25

2. Has anyone fried their BCM using a HALO HID kit?
To date nobody has ever notified me of having fried any electrical component of their vehicle and im sure if someone would have, they would have contacted me by now.

3. Where is your kit made?
The bulbs are made in Taiwan of Philips glass. The Ballast/Ignitor combo is made in Japan and is packaged in a sturdy, lightweight, and water resistant aluminum casing.

4. Do you have warranty?
Yes. One year replacement warranty that covers every component of the kit.

5. How much for 3K, 6K, 8K, 10K?
All the kits are the same price $230 shipped. We don't believe in charging you extra for choosing the brightness that you prefer.

6. Is it a plug and play kit?
Yes. No soldering or splicing. Very simple installation.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Ofcourse it's not required to properly run a kit.. however that creates a risk for the car itself (not the kit)

2. good to know, but how long have peole have these kits? the amp drawn from intial start up is almost twice as high only for a few seconds, so running your kit for a short period of time will probably not show any effects. It will not fry the wires instantly, but over a period of time, this excess heat will wear down the wires.

3. Bulbs made in Taiwan of Philips glass eh, Link? how is the ballast water resistant?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahh. . . .I see where you are trying to take this.

Need to see feedback and sales history please follow the links to some of the other sites I sell on.

Newtiburon.com
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...light=halo+hid
Cobaltss.net
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showt...light=halo+hid
Elantraxd.com
http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/show...light=halo+hid

The ballasts are water resistant because we coat the ballast with a special polymer that repels water.

I also wanted to make a point that cars today, especially Scion's which are aimed at the aftermarket/tuner community have internal wiring that is desingned to withstand increased loads.

Why don't you tell me how many members on here have fried wiring as a direct result of HIDs that did not use a relay harness? Cause I can tell you right now that NOT ONE person using a HALO HID kit has ever had that happen to them and they have used them for over a year now, including myself.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sales history can only show quality of the kits up to a certain extent.

so you are saying that the ballasts are completely sealed? how would heat transfer work?

where is the proof that our wires are designed to increase load?

sorry, i don't keep track on how many members here fried their wires. Im glad that no one have fried their wiring however. like i said, it doesn't necessary have to fry the wires. Excessive heat do degrade wires.

And yes, im here to protect scion members and their investments

So you are saying hte bulbs are made by Philips? I don't recall any OEM company (such as Philips) producing any bulbs higher than 6000k

how about you sponsor a pro to review the kit
Old 09-07-2006, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

guys.. give the guy a break. he's selling a $230 kit. Obviously it's not the ULTIMATE in quality, but from reading all the threads on the other forums, i don't see too many people having problems with this kit.

He's not saying it's waterproof, just water resistent, but come on, if you're so worried about water resistence, then there's a WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF under the engine bay which aren't water resistent either. If you want the ultimate in waterproof, high quality bulbs, and electrical protetion, then you should go for an oem retrofit kit.

I don't have a problem with paying less for a lesser kit, as long as i know that i'm not getting scammed, and that other people are having success with them.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now when I combine these with the relays, there won't be a chance of wearing down the wires right?
Old 09-08-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give him a break? are you serious? if you don't care about what you put in your car, just go buy any kit online. im doing YOU a favor buddy not me

i have no interest in 'aftermarket' hid kits, my retro consists of oem parts so i have nothing to worry about. But as a member of SL, i think it's right for someone who has some knowledge about oem vs aftermarket kits to look out for fellow SL members and help protect their investments.

Mountscion1, if that HID kit is good qualilty and you use a harness, you should not have a problem at all
Old 09-08-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

give him a break? are you serious? if you don't care about what you put in your car, just go buy any kit online. im doing YOU a favor buddy not me

i have no interest in 'aftermarket' hid kits, my retro consists of oem parts so i have nothing to worry about. But as a member of SL, i think it's right for someone who has some knowledge about oem vs aftermarket kits to look out for fellow SL members and help protect their investments.

Mountscion1, if that HID kit is good qualilty and you use a harness, you should not have a problem at all
I undestand that everyone looks out for everyone else. That's fine and all. But let's just look at this realistically. This is a freaking $230 kit. It's probably the cheapest kit you can find anywhere online. BUT the fact that you're buying an "aftermarket" kit in the first place means you don't want to shell out the money for the good stuff.. or you can't afford to. This implies that you're willing to take the hit in quality and performance for the reduced price of an "aftermarket" kit.

Now.. my whole point was that these guys are grilling the man about it being water resistent and relays and all that.. when he has clearly sold the same kit to other forums without any issues. I haven't seen a single post anywhere stating that these kits are bad. *knock on wood*

Now.. i'm willing to be the guinea pig and try them out to see how good they really are, but you guys are riding the man pretty hard when i have yet to see any reason to. My expectations from a kit like this aren't very high, but as long as it works as advertised, and other people have success with them, then sure why not.. i'll give it a shot.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well put diesel, couldn't have said it better
Old 09-08-2006, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can buy HID kits for as little as $100 on ebay. So no, I am not selling the cheapest kits online. I don't really understand why im getting so much flak for selling something to fellow automotive enthusiasts for a really great price. I could easily charge what other "name brand" companys sell them for and reap huge profits, but I don't because I want what everybody else wants. . . . .a great deal.

Now, to answer rawr215s questions. The kit will not degrade wiring overtime. Please look at these specs and I think you'll agree that they will do no harm to stock wiring.

As far as the bulbs go. I didn't say they are OEM philips bulbs, I merely stated the glass that is used is the same that philips uses to make their bulbs.

If you are truly trying to look out for fellow members, hows about NOT BASHING potential PAYING supporters who make this site possible! I'll tell you right now, if I come across many members on here who have the same, "Mines is better than yours" attitude, then I probably won't sell here and just let scion customers buy from me off of my others forums.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bashing potential paying supporters..., i find it funny, very funny. If you think that is my intend, then so be it

as you see, there are not many people in this forum knows about HALO HID kits. I will not compare your product to mines. I have very little information on your product, why would i compare something i have no idea about? So please, dont' compare me to the other 'Mines is better than yours' people. im just drilling you for information on your product. how long have you been in sales? do you always bash on people who asks you questions? As a sales person, you should expect that you will get questions like these every so often. If you have high confidence with your product, what would a few question is going to do to your sales in SL? By jump through a few obsticle questions, you will probably make better sales in the end any way!

now seeing that image you post clears up alot of questions, was it that hard to post some specs when requested? About that image, the top are specs on the ballast and bottom are specs on the bulb correct?

diesel - 230 is still alot of money, and it's not much less than the competitors prices. Ebay products with no name will always be cheaper. Let us know how u like it

if you are going to give up your sales because of one person (me in this case) then i have to wish you luck in your sales elsewhere
Old 09-08-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

now seeing that image you post clears up alot of questions, was it that hard to post some specs when requested? About that image, the top are specs on the ballast and bottom are specs on the bulb correct?
Not to knit pick on ya, I believe your intentions are true. But the info he just posted, is stated on the first thread, in the link I provided. I think had you just posed your questions a little more tactfully you wouldn't have sounded quite so aggressive.

No harm done, i just haven't seen anyone grill a seller on this site the way you grilled Uneek. No harm done though.

I just ordered a relay to be delievered to Uneek, to add to my kit.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at work, unable to access their forums.

im just an agressive person, and it's good that u noticed that there was no harm caused from me... yet...(i have kept some comments to myself )

seriously, if he is confident in himself and product, i wouldn't think he would need to defend himself and said those offensive stuff from his lastpost (seriously i found myself offended ... you don't even know me!)

Quick Reply: HALO hid kit- updated -more new pix on page 3