Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

LED Angel/Demon Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

those are tight
Old 06-11-2008, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cmwagen
I produce these myself and have no problem with installing them for you if you are local.

There is no wiring harness for this. It is a simple power and ground setup. Ground it and tap into the parking lights. Or you can run them to a switch. Very easy wiring setup.
ok, sounds good, what colors are you offering by the way?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, I am making them myself.

No, they are not as bright as the CCFL. Visibility is late dusk. LED is half as bright as CCFL. These are great with a good pair of driving lights for local driving or for car shows. If you are looking for the dusk and dawn lighting then you will have to go with the CCFL.

Remember, with all those cuts means more light is escaping. I have never seen anyones else's hand made led rings in person, but I will say these are perfect compared to there's even without seeing them.

I do really miss my CCFL, but after 1 1/2 years and 2 small rings burn out along with 3 ballasts I decided to try something different. Not to mention I broke 1 ring on install so my car sat taken apart waiting for a new ring. This can be dropped and even slightly twisted without breaking. There are pluses and minuses to everything.

Right now I am just doing the white led's which actually have a slight blueish to them like a 6500k look.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:21 AM
SL Member

whoa nice bro! could i be your first customer once/if you decide to make a few extras for 08's? =)
Old 06-12-2008, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-13-2008, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont worry. Now that I have everything worked out I have ordered alot more material and we should start seeing some of these available in about 2 weeks.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dont worry. Now that I have everything worked out I have ordered alot more material and we should start seeing some of these available in about 2 weeks.
sweet bro cant wait
Old 06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those are damn nice. I'm looking foward to putting those on my '08
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want these... do they require the baking of the headlight housling still? im a bit scared of baking my head lights... im no expert by any means...
Old 06-13-2008, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea you have to remove the houseing
Old 06-13-2008, 10:08 PM
SL Member

Let me know when you have some ready for the '05. They look good and i am close.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the non projectors this might be your lucky day. Since I have my old 06 Tc headlights sitting here I am going to try something with them. I want to do 1 more design. All I can say is I cant wait to give this a try and see the outcome.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Fresh Crew
SL Member

random question. are you on nissanclub also? i ask b/c i had an altima and was on nissanclub and its always nice to see other people with the same taste in cars.

back to subject. those look sick.

i cant wait for ozium to come out with some for the 08, no offense but i like the ccfl's brightness.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NYNCTC
random question. are you on nissanclub also? i ask b/c i had an altima and was on nissanclub and its always nice to see other people with the same taste in cars.

back to subject. those look sick.

i cant wait for ozium to come out with some for the 08, no offense but i like the ccfl's brightness.
Yes, I am a member over at Nissanclub.com and yes I do to like the CCFL, but it's the reliability that is hard to live with. And I am sure there are many people out there that have had no problems with there CCFL, but after a 1 1/2 years I give up on those things.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update:

This new design is coming along nicely. I need to drop off a rod to get it cut and see how the lighting is after it's bent and extended longer. Hopefully the machine shop is not to busy since this is such a small project for them. If it works this is gonna be a HUGE benefit over CCFL. HUGE
Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update:

This new design is coming along nicely. I need to drop off a rod to get it cut and see how the lighting is after it's bent and extended longer. Hopefully the machine shop is not to busy since this is such a small project for them. If it works this is gonna be a HUGE benefit over CCFL. HUGE
[in Borat's voice] It is a nice! Keep us updated!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got the new prototype to the machine shop yesterday. They will check there work load and call me today and let me know when they will be done. They have to check there work load. When they do my rods they have to tear down the holding tray's that they are currently using on the milling machine just to do my rod's. When done, they have to redo the holding trays to go back to what they where working on. A good 1/2 hour just to do a few tiny rods. Maybe once things get rolling they will be willing to do them a little quicker.

Just like the movie "What about Bob" it's all about baby steps.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update:

This is coming along nicely. Have several more rods over at the machine shop getting cut. Still working on the template for the housings which is a pain and it is beating the hell out of the old housings, but oh well. Part of R&D. Also, I have made major improvements from the brightness of the 1st rings with the wider cuts I did compared to the 2nd set that has the smaller precise cuts. The precise cut ones did not have as much output as the rings that had the wider gaps. Re-working the cutting and the better acrylic rods made the difference.

Remember, the 1st ones to get produced are the old halogen style headlamps since those are the ones not in my car now. If anyone has a broken projector style, send it my way and I will get started on those.

Again, if these work they will have a huge advantage over any other ring product out on the market. and will be worth the wait.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

awesome i wish they had a high five emoticon on here
Old 07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am wanting some 08 halo's real bad and I would send mine but they are not broken and I don't want them to be broken either.... lol.... post some updated pictures of the 05-07 headlights!

Quick Reply: LED Angel/Demon Eyes