Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...
View Poll Results: Did you replace your OEM antenna?
Yes
64.52%
No
8.06%
Soon
27.42%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Mangowalk is awesome- Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Mangowalk is awesome- Antenna

Ok so I just wanted to let peeps know that if ur looking for a stubby antenna to replace ur ugly OEM antenna , Mangowalk is a great ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/Mangowalk-Inc

I ordered a 6 inch black stubby antenna... got one in the mail 4 days later but it's not black! There's a note in it that says "Sorry! We ran out of the item you ordered. This isn't it... this is a free gift from us to you. Your ordered item will be sent to you as soon as it comes back in stock"

I think that's awesome.. instead of bsing around and making u wait they give u an antenna (and the silver/black one don't look too bad) and send u ur original.

(i'm still skeptical... will post when i get the other one in mail)
Old 04-22-2006, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I wish I would have seen this thread a few days earlier...
Old 05-09-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

PS- I did actually get the second antenna. Very kind of them to send me two, just because the one i ordered was temporarily out of stock.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had one before my s2k and the radio pickup was crap compared to the s2k and the rubber bands around the antenna came off because of the weather. They did have good customer service though. I would say just google and get an s2k antenna though, the reception is MUCH better and it looks just as good in my opinion (not as cheap looking)
Old 05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since I don't listen to the radio and I don't feel like shaving off the antennae all together, I got that 2.5" REALLY stubby black antennae... love it.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i bought that 2.5inch silver one and it looked ugly. maybe should have bought black one.
so i replaced it with s2k one.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have an rx300 antenna, looks good!!
Old 05-10-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

i got the black 2.5" stubby from them. looks good, but its a good thing i don't listen to the radio, b/c the reception sucks.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought the 4" stubby antenna from them, and it looks much better than the long stock antenna. However, the reception sucks. Great customer service, though. If you're interested in replacing the antenna, make sure you're not into the radio. I don't use the radio, so I could care less.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Hmm it just occurred to me that I may have purchased the wrong antenna...heh. I got the one at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting . I just saw the "s2000" in the title and hit buy now. lol
Old 05-30-2006, 04:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by theblue
Hmm it just occurred to me that I may have purchased the wrong antenna...heh. I got the one at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting . I just saw the "s2000" in the title and hit buy now. lol
The antenna I got from Mangowalk came with the antenna, as well as three mounting studs. You find the right stud to screw into your antenna opening and then screw the other side into the antenna. Basically, these antennas are one size fits all. If you're really worried, email them and tell them its for a tC, but I think you're good.

I now wish I would have just got the 2.5" antenna. I went with the 4" cause I was hoping the reception would be a bit better for those occasional times I listen to the radio. Had I known it was going to suck regardless, I would have just got the smaller one.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Oh, I meant that I don't think I purchased the s2000 atenna. Or did I?
Old 05-30-2006, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, you did not buy an S2000 antenna. Its a generic antenna being advertised to fit the S2000. I don't even think thats a knockoff of the S2000 style.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my mangowalk antenna faded after about 6 months.. it turned bronze... but then again i do live in the valley of the sun
Old 05-30-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PhotoKyle
The antenna I got from Mangowalk came with the antenna, as well as three mounting studs. You find the right stud to screw into your antenna opening and then screw the other side into the antenna. Basically, these antennas are one size fits all. If you're really worried, email them and tell them its for a tC, but I think you're good.

I now wish I would have just got the 2.5" antenna. I went with the 4" cause I was hoping the reception would be a bit better for those occasional times I listen to the radio. Had I known it was going to suck regardless, I would have just got the smaller one.
culda jus bought an s2k antenna
Old 05-30-2006, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ddsboi
Originally Posted by PhotoKyle

culda jus bought an s2k antenna
Yup, you live and you learn.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i gots one, reception not as good at times but looks make up for it
Old 06-14-2006, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

i got a s2k antenna--best one in my book
Old 06-14-2006, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have an s2k antenna now.. had to replace my bronze mangowalk.... the s2k gets good reception unlike the mangowalk
Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Don't feel bad, I did the same exact thing. I'm kinda glad it got stolen now. haha

Quick Reply: Mangowalk is awesome- Antenna