Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

my BRM progress UPDATE** 9-17-10

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

Originally Posted by bboylayz
just got the wheels installed :D the look even more incredible in person. bluemex, what did you do about the front wheel caps? the back ones fit just fine but with the front ones, the center bolts stuck out too much. one of my friends suggested getting spacers and mounting the wheels a bit further out. did you run into this issue?
dont they look sick nasty in person haha.

yeah i ran into the same problem. still no solution as to what to do to it. i didnt put the back ones on because i didnt want to just do 2. ive looked around at other tc's with these wheels and they all have the damn bolt sticking out haha. i dont wanna cut it either. im working on something tho and ill let you know if it works. im from michigan. PICS PICS PICS !
Old 06-06-2010, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i was blown away. even the guys at the shop were going on about how amazing it looked. to tell you the truth i was nervous but when i saw it all doubts went away :D

anyways i got the wheels from wheeldude.com. doing some searches i found people have this issue with a lot. then the guy i spoke to from wheeldude replied on another forum to the same issue:

"68mm caps are what you need

If you purchased the wheels from us just email us proof of purchase and I will send you a set of caps that will go over your axle nut at no charge

-Zoeb"

soooooo im emailing him right now to see if he can get me some that will fit. my center bolt is rusty so i wanna cover it up asap haha.

in the meantime, check out some of these:
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/ind...a8fe58873c74f0

they are center caps that stick out a bit and it should work. apparently there are a lot of universal ones out there too so you can find a design you like. but for now im gonna see if i can get some free ones from wheeldude :D ill let you know how it goes

as far as pics go, not yet! i wanna post them but its not dropped yet. plus my rotors are dirty/rusty and my calipers are not painted and look like crud haha. but all of that will be taken care of wednesday, then ill post some pics

Last edited by bboylayz; 06-06-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is a taste though :D ignore the gross rusty center bolt

Last edited by bboylayz; 06-06-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yours has more of a concave look than mine i shoulda did more research to find out that 18x9.5 would have fit just fine. i was too afraid it wouldnt. yours looks better i think but i still love mine! when i finish my mods im thinking of powder coating it all black and then powder coating the lip blue. something like this (its not BRM but my friend photoshopped it for me to get the general idea)

Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

yeah i was blown away. even the guys at the shop were going on about how amazing it looked. to tell you the truth i was nervous but when i saw it all doubts went away :D

anyways i got the wheels from wheeldude.com. doing some searches i found people have this issue with a lot. then the guy i spoke to from wheeldude replied on another forum to the same issue:

"68mm caps are what you need

If you purchased the wheels from us just email us proof of purchase and I will send you a set of caps that will go over your axle nut at no charge

-Zoeb"

soooooo im emailing him right now to see if he can get me some that will fit. my center bolt is rusty so i wanna cover it up asap haha.

in the meantime, check out some of these:
http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/ind...a8fe58873c74f0

they are center caps that stick out a bit and it should work. apparently there are a lot of universal ones out there too so you can find a design you like. but for now im gonna see if i can get some free ones from wheeldude :D ill let you know how it goes

as far as pics go, not yet! i wanna post them but its not dropped yet. plus my rotors are dirty/rusty and my calipers are not painted and look like crud haha. but all of that will be taken care of wednesday, then ill post some pics
yea i got them from wheeldude.com also. im ganna give them a call and tell them about it. if its free im down lol. im assuming its the thick center caps on that cite right? i wanted those lug nuts also. they look great with the wheels from the pic. thanks for the research on the bolt. i get my car back this week so i can install all my parts and post pics =D
Old 06-06-2010, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

here is a taste though :D ignore the gross rusty center bolt
what size are these? i really like the concave look but having TRD shocks and Tein Htechs i dont think i can pull off the drop to hide the gap. i should of gotten S-techs but then i wouldnt think if i could still make it up my driveway
Old 06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

mine are a lot less concave than bluemex's but they do look a bit more concave in person than in pics. so i bet bluemex's look really concave in person. the wheels are 18x8.5 (mex's is 9.5) e44 56.1. the lug nuts are muteki neo chrome 12x1.5. not posting pics til wednesday cause im riding on stock height for 3 more days . dropping them on eibach sportlines
Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluemex
yea i got them from wheeldude.com also. im ganna give them a call and tell them about it. if its free im down lol. im assuming its the thick center caps on that cite right? i wanted those lug nuts also. they look great with the wheels from the pic. thanks for the research on the bolt. i get my car back this week so i can install all my parts and post pics =D
np, let me know if you get an answer before i do. ill do the same. yeah the lug nuts look great. its kinda fake iridescent, its like alternating between gold and purple-ish on each side, but it definitely looks great for its price (about 85 bucks). i wanna get real p kics

anyways, cant wait to see your pics man! ETA?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

np, let me know if you get an answer before i do. ill do the same. yeah the lug nuts look great. its kinda fake iridescent, its like alternating between gold and purple-ish on each side, but it definitely looks great for its price (about 85 bucks). i wanna get real p kics

anyways, cant wait to see your pics man! ETA?
hey i called them today regarding the center caps. they pulled up my order and said they will send out the correct caps. i have to send back old ones. my car will be back tomorrow so pics will go up prob Friday =D
Old 06-08-2010, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet did they say they were sending it out when they get the caps back or you are both sending caps to eachother at the same time. Which caps are they sending you?

And just curious, why don't you have your car right now?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

Sweet did they say they were sending it out when they get the caps back or you are both sending caps to eachother at the same time. Which caps are they sending you?

And just curious, why don't you have your car right now?
he is sending me the caps and they are the gt3 caps if i recall. when i get them they got the return call tag in the box. there alright looking just stick out more =/ wish they were flat but w/e free is good. as far as my car goes....
well had a transmission issue. 3 gear would grind downshifting into it while moving. only with 3rd gear wich is crazy. they said it was something when the car was built bla bla bla. turns out 3 gear shavings got into 4th and 5th. so they orderd new trans for it. then they orderd the wrong parts!!! i was furious!. they have my car for 3 half weeks and finally they called today said it was ready. they offered me free detailed wash with oil change but still kinda sucks cuz im paranoid about my wheels =S. i told them to not use there scratchamatic. they said hand wash and wax haha. so will see how it is tomorrow.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah free is nice. They didn't respond to my email so I'll call tomorrow. Daaamn how did you live without your ride for 3 weeks? They give you a rental?
Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

Yeah free is nice. They didn't respond to my email so I'll call tomorrow. Daaamn how did you live without your ride for 3 weeks? They give you a rental?
yeah they gave me a 2010 corolla..there like at least its blue..___ lol. yeah call them. Tommy is the person who helped me out when i bought the wheels.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet just called tommy earlier today. hes sending those caps out. luckily im getting my car dropped so i can pop out the two rear caps. i wonder if they are sending all black ones or if the outside ring will be in gold as seen in these (i think these are the same caps..., hard to tell with the angle)

Name:  gt3_gold1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  31.6 KB
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

same wheel different cap here (i think) so there is a good chance they will send us gold GT3's.

the guy said it was backordered. did he say the same to you? if you get it first, you gotta take pics haha.

anyways, how does it feel to have your baby back?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

he didnt say anything about backorder. he said he will place order right there and then. so will see. it feels great to have her back. i got spoiler and taillights waiting to go on this weekend. ill keep you posted.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluemex
he didnt say anything about backorder. he said he will place order right there and then. so will see. it feels great to have her back. i got spoiler and taillights waiting to go on this weekend. ill keep you posted.
nice what kinda spoiler?

sitting in the shop right now as my babys dropped + mount brake rotor hat and calipers painted. been a few hours, should be getting close now... so anxious to see it.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionara
SL Member

nice what kinda spoiler?

sitting in the shop right now as my babys dropped + mount brake rotor hat and calipers painted. been a few hours, should be getting close now... so anxious to see it.
i got the kaminary flush mount spoiler. what kind of break kit you get? damn im anxious for you lol. i wanna see what the 8.5 look like. pics when u get a chance =D
Old 06-10-2010, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The drop looks amazing. Eibach sportline ftw. The ride is smoother too. No pics cause by the time it was done it was getting dark and raining. I'll try to get pics tm haha. Maybe I'll wash my car and wax it.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mount that spoiler yet?

Quick Reply: my BRM progress UPDATE** 9-17-10