Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Password:JDM Products Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Password:JDM Products Review

Wsup guys! This is Will from Night-Import.com and JustStance.com
It's been awhile since I started a new thread!
Well I was very fortunate enough to become one of the sponsors for Password:JDM and today, tested out the Password:JDM Carbon Fiber Air Diversion Panel and Password:JDM Carbon Fiber Engine Cover.

Now before I write a review about these items, let me tell you guys more about this company, so you get a better idea why I personally believe this company is one of the best aftermarket companies in the market today.

I was one of the few photographers/writers to do a tour around Password:JDM's warehouse and saw how everything was produced from scrap to a perfected product. If you didn't know, the company specializes in producing carbon fiber products for many automotive brands.
Unlike other companies, every single carbon fiber or non-carbon fiber aftermarket product by Password:JDM is made in the U.S.,actually, right across their warehouse. I'll be recording a video to do a full coverage of the place and show you guys how products are produced.
All of their products are tested thoroughly and made by a highly experienced tech, which is why it should be trusted.

What you guys see are the products I received today. It's the CF Air Diversion Panel and CF Engine Cover, both made by the company. Obviously, the weight is extremely light and very strong.

Here's the CF Engine Cover. Fitment is perfect! You'll need to use the rings on the OEM engine cover and place it in the holes to make it fit 100%.

Lastly, the CF Air Diversion Panel. I also received Password:JDM washers, which is all labeled with their companies name.

Both of these products fit perfectly! No modifications at all.

If you guys have any questions, please let me know.
I guarantee you guys will love their products! There are more to come so I'll update this thread once I try them out.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the bumps on the engine cover reminds me of the xA and xB1's covers.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like I just found something to add to my Xmas list.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does the Air Diversion Panel come with the PW:JDM fasteners with the red trim like in the pics? Might make the move to this from my Greddy CF. Will the hood prop hit the panel when the hood is closed? My Greddy has a little dent from the hood pushing the prop into it.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

wow i like that air diversion panel it'll match my Password JDM Valve cover
Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A second look at the air diversion panel, what's up with the lip over the radiator shroud? Looks like it tucks under it, take a look, do it, take pics again, and you're golden.

Last edited by dropzone; 11-19-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice
Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...you guys are late on things. Password JDM tried a few times already to dip into the scion market but they failed each time. Their lack of effort and false promises has lead many people on SL to lose hope in them. Sushi created a password JDM thread a while ago with these very products, other products including a cf spark plug cover, cf whale ***** intake, and tow hook. Password JDM also created a thread on this site for a (q & a). They asked people what they would like to see and when people responded, jdm said ok but they failed to deliver legit products. Im just stating the truth. Granted there is always going to be that small percent of people that enjoy their products.

I just find it funny that another thread like this was created when there are already three threads on this very topic with the same products.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks pretty good. But they could have at least put the password JDM badge on straight on the engine cover. lol
Old 11-19-2010, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

^lol saw that too
Old 11-19-2010, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
A second look at the air diversion panel, what's up with the lip over the radiator shroud? Looks like it tucks under it, take a look, do it, take pics again, and you're golden.
Will do

Originally Posted by Domo
Wow...you guys are late on things. Password JDM tried a few times already to dip into the scion market but they failed each time. Their lack of effort and false promises has lead many people on SL to lose hope in them. Sushi created a password JDM thread a while ago with these very products, other products including a cf spark plug cover, cf whale ***** intake, and tow hook. Password JDM also created a thread on this site for a (q & a). They asked people what they would like to see and when people responded, jdm said ok but they failed to deliver legit products. Im just stating the truth. Granted there is always going to be that small percent of people that enjoy their products.

I just find it funny that another thread like this was created when there are already three threads on this very topic with the same products.
Whoever the other guy is you're talking about, i believe he didn't do actual reviews on the items and wasn't close to the employees of Password:JDM. I might be wrong, but I'll be keeping this thread alive and updated for those who are interested in their products and to let you guys know how much the company is progressing with the Scion tC category (or Scions in general). Aside of the Password:JDM CF line, they've been focusing on Technocraft, another CF line for high-end cars and that part of their business has been very busy. There's much more to it, but this thread will be for those who are willing to purchase Password:JDM products. If you keep yourself updated with the company, they've been releasing parts for the Scions so just keep watching if you want, but i'm guessing you're not a fan of this company so this thread will be useless to you like the other 3 you talked about.

Originally Posted by DJ08tC
looks pretty good. But they could have at least put the password JDM badge on straight on the engine cover. lol
LOL i noticed that too yesterday :D o well~!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HKSpeed
the bumps on the engine cover reminds me of the xA and xB1's covers.
i think this engine cover will also fit the xB.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

They look nice, but $200 each? This would be something I'd buy when there's nothing else left to do to the car.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That carbon fiber air diversion panel is hella fresh.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have their tow hook, radiator stays and a bunch of those fender washers and i love em all...great stuff and obviously i like the blue color!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got their spark plug cover and air diversion panel... cant wait to get it installed. did a dry fit and it looks and fits perfect. kinda expensive though, but you pay for what you get
Old 11-19-2010, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by night87

Whoever the other guy is you're talking about, i believe he didn't do actual reviews on the items and wasn't close to the employees of Password:JDM. I might be wrong, but I'll be keeping this thread alive and updated for those who are interested in their products and to let you guys know how much the company is progressing with the Scion tC category (or Scions in general). Aside of the Password:JDM CF line, they've been focusing on Technocraft, another CF line for high-end cars and that part of their business has been very busy. There's much more to it, but this thread will be for those who are willing to purchase Password:JDM products. If you keep yourself updated with the company, they've been releasing parts for the Scions so just keep watching if you want, but i'm guessing you're not a fan of this company so this thread will be useless to you like the other 3 you talked about.
The other guy (Sushi), I believe was approached by PasswordJDM just like you. He actually test fitted all their prototypes onto his car. Seems like they just recycled the products and slapped a badge on the ones they gave you.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175269
Old 11-19-2010, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you know anything about this cf intake? I cant seem to find it on there website.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ yeah, what intake is that? Or does it for another car and just happens to work with our too... wonder if I could make it work with a turbo setup ;)
Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Domo
The other guy (Sushi), I believe was approached by PasswordJDM just like you. He actually test fitted all their prototypes onto his car. Seems like they just recycled the products and slapped a badge on the ones they gave you.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175269
u don't know the story Domo. Just shhhh

Quick Reply: Password:JDM Products Review