Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

SILVER STREAK MICA OWNZ JOO!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

BEETC.......The area where you took pictures of your car looks familiar.
It looks like the parking lot of an elementary school in Barlett, IL. where my auntie lives around.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's pics of my new 'Custom' TYC Tails. Enjoy

The Tails turned out good. They almost look smoked. I swapped out the Reverse and Rear License Plate bulbs for LEDs. Eventually, the blinkers will get the LED treatment. Also, I FINALLY installed the rear Mud Guards. Looks pretty stealth to me.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ohhh Hyghgynx car looks sweet man Like the tails too. About dang time we get some new pics in this thread I can barely see the mud guards too, I was thinking of getting a set cause everytime I wash my tC im flinging my tire gel on the side of the car...LOL
Old 05-17-2006, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Not bad! I was thinking about doing that to the TYC's as well...I like I like :D

BTW, did you paint your gauge bezels inside the car silver? I wanna see!! How come you always do the stuff I come up with first ?!?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BeetC
BTW, did you paint your gauge bezels inside the car silver? I wanna see!! How come you always do the stuff I come up with first ?!?
Damn Bro! Good eye! I'm in the process of 'sprucing up' the interior. The all-dark grey theme was gettin' a little boring to me. I also ordered some silver micro suede for the doors and arm rest. I have no set time table, so it may be a while before I get to it.
Here's the pics you requested...

Super easy to do! The piece pops right off. Clean, paint, then clear. That's it.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nakioki 2.0

and this...

Old 05-17-2006, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Damn Bro! Good eye! I'm in the process of 'sprucing up' the interior. The all-dark grey theme was gettin' a little boring to me. I also ordered some silver micro suede for the doors and arm rest. I have no set time table, so it may be a while before I get to it.

Super easy to do! The piece pops right off. Clean, paint, then clear. That's it.
Does it match pretty well with the silver on the center console? What paint did you use? How's the glare onto the gauges with the paint extending all the way down to the gauge faces...does the light bounce around in there because of the silver paint? I'm thnking about doing just the outside and front lip of it, and leaving the "tunnels" grey...
Old 05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good stuf guys
Old 05-19-2006, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does it match pretty well with the silver on the center console? What paint did you use? How's the glare onto the gauges with the paint extending all the way down to the gauge faces...does the light bounce around in there because of the silver paint? I'm thnking about doing just the outside and front lip of it, and leaving the "tunnels" grey...
The paint is actually more silver then the pics show. Those pics are in direct sunlight and my camera is probably getting some reflection off the clear-coated Bezel. I could look for silver paint, but it would be very hard to get a good match. The can I used was Dupli-Color 'Aluminum' High Temp paint. I used it first on my Engine & Fuse Box covers. Had some left over and decided to paint the Gauge Bezel. The glare is minimal. I don't even notice it when driving at night. Maybe I can get some night pics of the Gauge Bezel this weekend if you're interested?
Old 05-20-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

The paint is actually more silver then the pics show. Those pics are in direct sunlight and my camera is probably getting some reflection off the clear-coated Benzel. I could look for silver paint, but it would be very hard to get a good match. The can I used was Dupli-Color 'Aluminum' High Temp paint. I used it first on my Engine & Fuse Box covers. Had some left over and decided to paint the Gauge Benzel. The glare is minimal. I don't even notice it when driving at night. Maybe I can get some night pics of the Gauge Benzel this weekend if you're interested?
Always interested in more pics :D I'm thinking about paintig the center console the same silver I'm going to use for the gauge bezel, so the color would match well. How hard do you think it would be to do that?
Old 05-20-2006, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^It shouldn't be that hard. I know there's a thread here (SL) on how to paint it. 2 things you would probably need are: (1) half to a full-day to do it and (2) PATIENCE!! I know there is some sanding required and that takes a lot of time. Also, I tried to post pix of the Gauge Benzel at night but for some reason 'Photobucket' isn't letting me sign on. I'll try again later.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, here's a pic of the Bezel at night.

Ignore the blurriness. I took a pic without a flash and it came out too dark. So this pic gives the best representation of how it looks. In fact, its not even this bright.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just took some new pics today.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Ok, here's a pic of the Bezel at night.

Ignore the blurriness. I took a pic without a flash and it came out too dark. So this pic gives the best representation of how it looks. In fact, its not even this bright.
Nice! I think I'lle be doing the bezel, the console, and the door grab handles soon :D
Old 05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice! I think I'lle be doing the bezel, the console, and the door grab handles soon :D
I did those already too.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Awesome tC man, very rare to see a Silver tC rocking bronze wheels, even rarer wheels without a lip. That looks clean as hell and makes those 18s look huge.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

But there is a Lip .... it's even a two-stepper.... it's just behind the spokes

Thanks for the compliments bro, much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Damn silver looks hot hot with bronze I knew it!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I know ssm but theres nobody in the csm like 4 cars so i'll post some pics here to.

Old 05-24-2006, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

new pics

carbon fiber dash kit...kinda blurry and hard to see oh well

and my new exhaust! precision muffler w/ oval tip

Quick Reply: SILVER STREAK MICA OWNZ JOO!