Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

tC color: Azure Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tC color: Azure Pearl

For those of you wondering about the Azure Pearl color that will be avaliable on the tC, this may help you get a better idea:

http://www.wieck.com/public/*wieck_s...URL=index.html

The SC430 Pebble Beach Limited Edition will be the only other Toyota to feature this color. Looks quite nice in my opinion, a light silvery blue. This color in a 5-spd should be a fairly rare combo.

I'm sure some people will say that this is a "chick" color, though.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Some people mike think its a chick color, but that doesnt stop me from liking it! I'd like to see an xA in that color!
Old 03-03-2004, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So its grey....sometimes I wonder if they only allow women to name the colors for cars...because any real guy would give true names.....like grey.....or Ferrari red hahahaaa
Old 03-03-2004, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Its really not grey. Depending on how u look at it (sunlight) it changes from light blue to silver. Looks nice in person. Those pictures dont really do the color justice imo.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats a cool color, I think I might prefer that over the other tC silver.

So this Lecus SC limited edition will just be available in that color? And that's the same color as the one offered for the tC?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pablo xB
Thats a cool color, I think I might prefer that over the other tC silver.

So this Lecus SC limited edition will just be available in that color? And that's the same color as the one offered for the tC?
Yes, it is a very nice color and I'm thinking I might go with that now. Their silver show car is very nice, but silver is waaaaaaay too common. White would be a little difficult to maintain, and the Flint Mica I'm considering may be too dark. I saw an RX330 in Flint Mica and the paint absolutely took my breath away. However, I think lighter colors look better on the tC; they make the lines stand out and give it a classier appearance. Also, the black headlights and black glass roof contrast oh-so-nicely with lighter paint.

As far as Azure Pearl, it is indeed a limited edition color avaliable only on the 2004 SC430 Pebble Beach Ltd. Ed. The Pebble Beach Ltd. will only be avalible in that color. Lexus loves to do limited edition colors in tiny numbers. How limited, you ask? Only 400 examples were produced; they went on sale in early fall of last year. I'm sure they're all gone by now. And 400 examples across the entire US is incredible in my opinion; usually only high-dollar exotics are released in such small quantities.

Rare enough for you? Yes, the tC will be offered in the exact same color.

Anyway, the more I think about it and the more I look at it, the more I really really like it. It's a very nice hue; you get the benefits of silver, but it distinguishes itself nicely from ordinary (somewhat commonplace and boring) silver.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that this color strikes me as very classy and European; very "Mercedes," if you will. Reminds me of some of the classier sedans I saw while on vacation in Spain.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

would this color be like the solora color?
Old 03-04-2004, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it would be somewhat similar, but the tC color will be lighter (less blue) and more more subtle.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had some free time, so I figured I would give my opinion on colors:

Azure Pearl: See posts above.

Black Cherry Pearl: Interesting color, should contrast very nicely with the turn signal in the mirror as well as the black headlights and roof. However, I'm afraid the color is too "rich"/saturated, and I'm afraid I would get tired of it after a while.

Flint Mica: This color is avaliable on a the RAV4, new Lexus RX330, and the LS430. Don't know if it's avaliable on other Toyotas or Lexus models. This is a very stiking, deep color that must be seen in person to be appreciated. The flake in the paint is HUGE and GORGEOUS. However, I'm afraid that it will not complement the tC's lines very well; as I stated above, lighter colors flatter the tC moreso than darker colors. Having said that, it's still one of my top picks.

Black Sand Pearl: I can't see black doing too much for this car. It's just boring, unflattering, and will be difficult to maintain.

Indigo Ink Pearl: Not so great. Blue is my favorite color, but never on a car. The blue will clash with the black headlights and roof. It's really a "summer" color that would get old quite quickly. Cheapens the looks of the car, IMHO. The Azure Pearl makes the tC look like a $30K car; this Indigo Ink color will probably make look just like another $16K compact. Definitely the tC's worst color.

Silver Streak Mica: Complements the tC well, should be easy to maintain. However, silver is waaaaaaay too common so that alone would prevent me from buying one.

Super White: Super hot. This is probably the tC's best color. Contrasts beautifully with the black headlights and roof. Looks sporty, like many of the track-spec Japan-only cars that are white with black accents. My only concern is maintainence. Not so much it getting dirty, but dings and scratches would be difficult to hide.

Whichever color you choose will be fine, because the tC is just that damn cool. :D
Old 03-06-2004, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ACK! I checked out the Celica page to get the exact name of the color my GT-S
is gunna be for my sig and I noticed Toyota is offer'n a new nicer silver color.
It's called Thunder Cloud Metallic. Really nice color.
The only thing stop'n me from go'n off is that the new color is only offered
with the sport package, which I don't want.
Damn, I'd love to have the Celica in the new color.

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2004/celica/color.html
Old 09-10-2007, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

hahahah BUMP FOR THE OLDEST THREAD IN THE EXTERIOR FORUM!!! WOOT!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol, LONG LIVE AP!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i dont think i will ever paint my tc another color