Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Vertical Doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Friends dont let friends get lambo doors.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do you want Lambo doors?

Serious question.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lambo doors FTL!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:58 PM
SL Member

Is this car your dd? If it is I highly suggest you don't get these doors, because I guarantee your gonna be like every other person that gets lambo doors and lift them up to try and show off when even one person is looking. They are getting played out yes, and you will lift them up all the time and eventually pay more and more in shocks.

And yes I have lambo doors on my tc. I only use them at shows and it works for me cause I'm one of only a couple show tc's here in NC with them. My car is my daily driver and I know that i have to be disciplined enough to not lift them up every time I get out.

And lastly I had mine done by a shop that had experience and knew what they were doing with my VDI kit and aligned it right and reinforced all bolts.

just my opinion for you...
Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

I'm still waiting for SL to add a "vomiting smiley" emoticon.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:52 AM
SL Member

YES DD and I also take it to car shows with friends.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
Why do you want Lambo doors?

Serious question.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:13 PM

yeah definitely dooooo not do it unless you have a lot of money to burn...but in that case if you did you most likely wouldnt have a scion
Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

im not here to judge but i like them, i prefer getting them for my TC cuz of my narrow a$$ drive way and get tired of hitting my door in the middle of night on the walls.

but anyway my firend has a blue SRT show car and put the lambo door kit only on his passenger size. that way it can stay his daily driver and at car shows just open only the passenger up and leave the drive size close. making people think that both doors are lambo doors.......

just my $.02
Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Guys, say what you want. It's free to open opinion. I will offer mine though. And your not going to hurt my feelings if you guys start flaming me... I'm a little more grown up than that, and as far as I'm concerned, why would some retard trying to hate on someone over the internet hurt my feelings? As far as I'm concerned, (no offense, but f*ck yall! ) Thats how I see flamers man so don't sweat it.

I have lambo's and personally, I am happy with them. And the Lambo Doors - So played out, Lambo's don't even have them poster is actually printed out and in my work cubical. I think that is Freakin Hilarious!

BUT here you go.

Coming from someone who has Vertical Doors, here are some pro's and cons...

Pros: LOOKS GREAT! The Scion tC, with the right kit, looks awesome with them because the doors and the hatch open to the same height and with the longer doors, it just sets it off IMO. You can park closer to your friends because the door is limited in the distance it will open so you cannot give anyone dings. It freaks people out when you get out and lambo them!

CONS: You are limited to a certain amount of space to get in and out of the car without lamboing the doors. The JT Autostyle kit has 2 feet you can get in and out of without lamboing them.
The door is HEAVIER if you are parked on a hill and need to get out.
You will have to do some "covering up" where the factory hinges used to be. They will be grey primer and some spots, bare metal (atleast mine were).
The shocks WILL wear out... Mine are hydraulic and hate to work in the cold. I have to warm them up for the door to stay. (Also, mine are going bad because I've had them for over almost 2 years...)
The door MUST line up properly to close, and also, there is a possibility of wind noise.

Yes, I know it seems not worth it, but really, it's not hard to get it right and get used to it at all. I love my doors to death and think it's a badass mod and wouldn't steer anyone away from it. Not to mention, for some reason, it's considered a "Major Body Mod" at big shows!

EDIT:
Kits you should look into are: http://www.andysautosport.com/scion/...ertical_doors/
LSD
JT Bonn
Vertical Doors Inc.

I've had my kit on my car for 2 (almost 3 really) years. I've gone through 3 shocks and am (as of a month or so ago) to the point where i need to have my driver door readjusted.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ive had 'em on my DD for 2 years. They may be "played out" in Cali but not down here. You know the South is 10 years behind everything.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:12 PM
SL Member

^^Amen to that

No one in the south knows that doors can actually do it lmao
Old 08-14-2008, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Shoot... Down here in GA people almost break their necks and wreck their cars... LMAO!
Old 08-14-2008, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im the ONLY person Im aware of in the whole state that has butterfly doors on a Scion.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SicktC06
Not to mention, for some reason, it's considered a "Major Body Mod" at big shows!
To the original poster, I'm not sure what your ambitions are for car shows but like he said, at big shows they are considered a body modification and WILL bump you up from the custom to extreme class where you'll be competing against trailer queens w/ $40k worth of mods. One of our club members had this happen when they went with a full body kit and is now learning the hard way.

I do not have airbags or a modled body kit for exactly this reason. I want to push the envelope as far as I can while still staying in the custom class.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say do whatever you want, but don't be lazy and go the cheap route.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Vertical Doors

Originally Posted by scionfreek07
I want a direct bolt on kit with no mods except for ofcourse the wires.
not possible. you will have to cut the fenders
Old 08-14-2008, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and when i did mine i did not have to extend the wiring harness. there is enough slack in the door that you can tighten it up a little and have plenty to work with without extending the harnesses
Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

Originally Posted by andrewStC
I say do whatever you want, but don't be lazy and go the cheap route.
You know this pretty much says it all right here.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:12 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

I figured that I'd bring this one back from the dead instead of starting a new one.

I definitely agree that it's worth the extra cash for a quality kit and from a company that stands behind their products.

I personally like the look of the vertical doors. But the doors on a tC are pretty heavy compared to a lot of other cars. Im taking an educated guess that they are heavier b/c of the extra impact protection you get. I dont think they're going to assign a 4 star side impact rating w/o conducting their own crash tests in R&D. so with the heavy doors, it probably means that the mounting point is pretty strong to begin with. So Im just curious if that kind of a mod is worth it or not.

Quick Reply: Vertical Doors