Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Weathertech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® - Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Weathertech FloorLiner™ DigitalFit® - Floor Mats

i have a stick shift and a heavy left foot :--P which causes the floor mat to get pushed 'upwards' while i am driving. this has been a pain for me since there comes a point where i am not able to press the clutch properly so i have to push the floor mat back to its original position. i have always had the oem floor mats and do not have the 'hooks' (lost them a long time ago).

the weathertech floor mats """digital fit""" looked impressive and with their price i was expecting to get rid of my problem. so i have been using them for a few weeks now and i like them 'overall' but my specific problem still remains unsolved. they look pretty good and seem to cover the area nicely (including passenger and driver side). and yes the driver side mat is mounted properly with the hooks which came with the mats. the problem is that the clutch gets stuck underneath the mat after using the clutch for a little bit..

i spoke to their customer service and was surprised (and disappointed) to hear the response which mainly was 'we have been selling for this model to so many customers and this is the first time i am hearing this complaint'. i think with a little big of modification they can fix the problem.....

i really like the mats and would like to keep them .. however, only if this problem can be taken care of..i could not find any post talking about these mats?? well, if you are one of the lucky ones (with a stick shift) who has not faced this problem feel free to share your experience...any other comments/ideas are also appreciated...

i will be going with their All-Weather Floor Mats if this does not work out...
Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why not just trim the area a little where the clutch pedal gets hung up on the floorliner? Or try to lighten your left foot?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

SPEEDING IS BAD DONT DO IT!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

never had this problem.

i still use the oem mats with the hooks.

a problem i have is the oem pedals hella suck when there's snow on my shoes.

i alwats slip when shifting causing me to grind or stall.

i suck
Old 12-08-2009, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay so by saying 'heavy left foot' i did not mean to imply that i speed or something... :---)

i normally wear boots which can be quite heavy. i am assuming that the boots which i wear might drag on the mat a little more than normal shoes..

tCb00b it is not a bad idea to trim but since i paid that much and they were suppose to fit i did not really feel like doing it...but i think this would be a good alternative also.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

pictures? i still don't see how pedals get stuck so easily... even with the whole hype with the Toyota recall crap.

and if you don't have the hooks with the oem mats, well duh you're going to get a little movement. that's why it comes with them.

the weathertech digitalfits look nice, and i doubt getting their all-weather floormats are going to solve your issue. my guess is it'll be worse. you need to fix the source of the problem: your own driving and that "heavy left foot"

Last edited by SquallLHeart; 12-08-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

get the oem pieces to hold the mats in place, cheaper than buying new...
Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so i ended up trimming the problem area just a little bit after my post yesterday and that seems to have solved the problem.

and i believe the recent toyota recall addresses the issue where the floor mat can become entangled with the accelerator pedal. my problem was not with the accelerator pedal nor the OEM mats.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear you got it worked out. The WeatherTech is probably the best floor protection on the market. Hopefully Santa brings mine this year.

The problem with the average person and floor mats getting stuck is they put too damn many of them under their pedals. I worked at a premium car dealership and people would want a couple extra paper mats, to protect the carpet mats protecting the floor of the car. They would get upset when I would tell them "no, its a liability, we can only put one paper mat in the car" Then the sales person does it anyway.
As for the Toyota recall, who knows, people are usually at fault but I could see how a DBW throttle could fail. You'd think they could program a fail-safe to close the throttle body.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ugh man im an idiot lol...i was in a rush to buy mats last winter so i bought the floor mats not the liners and i never thought again about it until now...