Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Where to buy a good/cheap wing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member

Default Where to buy a good/cheap wing?

Hey guys so I want to add a wing to my 2005 Scion tC and was wondering where I can buy one I can deal with just about any material besides aluminum. I just want something to add a little sporty look I dont want a huge one but also dont want a tiny one. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stock pedestal spoiler?

Or maybe just the lip. I'm not a personal fan of anything bigger than the pedestal

Racing solutions has alot of body kit parts for the tc
Old 04-30-2013, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member

No I need something bigger than that but thanks for the website looks like I'll need to take a better look at it
Old 04-30-2013, 10:27 AM

You cannot post an item for sale without having 50 relelvant, helpful posts. Once you have achieved member status, you can ONLY post an item for sale in the classifieds section of this site.

Site rules
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5476

PPC rules
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4

Last edited by toeveryhour; 05-23-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont do it...imo spoilers are not worth the hassle they are high maintence if u buy fiberglass or carbon fiber im constantly repairing mine, plus it makes cleaning take longer and its a pain getting in tight areas underneath the wing...and once you do it your stuck cause u got holes in your hatch...if i had to chance to do it again i would get a little lip spoiler its subtle and catches more attention than you think, not only that you put it on with 3M double sided tape which means if you dont like it peel it off and look for somthing different...GL
Old 05-01-2013, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member

May I ask why your repairing it and what happened to it that you need to repair it ? And I'm not really worried about the cleaning I mean I just need to take it off and put it back on
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

fiberglass cracks fairly easily...the first crack whet up both pedistals and water started getting inside which then turned brown and leaked out the bottom all over my car staining the paint...sanded that and filled the crack then painted it to have the threads fall out of the pedistals because of rotting from the water...then i drilled out the holes filled them, redrilled and threaded the holes...reattached with RTV sealant and some other really strong stuff bc i though i had fixed all the deficiancies, Wrong...it started cracking on the back side of the pedistals now...do you see where im going with this? I had the wing inspected by a body shop before i put it on and he said it was a good solid part...REAL carbon fiber wont have these issues but its expensive and it fades really fast if your dont take meticulous care of it (also depends how intense the sun gets where you live) IMO its just not worth it plus these cars look really good when you keep it simple and elegant, in any case its your car and thats my 2 cents...GL
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member

How did it crack from to much sunlight or did something hit it?
Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

idk nothing hit it, just one day i noticed the paint was cracked and it just kept getting worse until water started coming out the bottom...i was thinking it was a stress fracture because it started cracking in a weird spot but even the back of the pedistals cracked and they are straight up and down...maybe i bought a crappy spoiler but i had it checked out and it wasn't cheap...look at (forgive me if i spell it wrong) cuscos gold tc thread he has a lip spoiler on his trunk...those are the spoilers i am talking about, i think they are much more tasteful than a skyline R32 wing (what i have), most importantly you dont have to drill holes in your hatch...i dont know the route you were looking to take but thats my view from experience with a medium size spoiler
Old 05-03-2013, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nbell
No I need something bigger than that but thanks for the website looks like I'll need to take a better look at it
its a fwd car so you shouldnt need anything really

but the viniati spoiler, the oem lip or pedestal, or the kaminari are the only ones that look good on 1st gen tcIMO (and the kaminari is pushing it due to the fact that it sits decently high off the hatch)
Old 05-04-2013, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member

I think Im going to go with the OEM pedestal the lips are a waste of money to me because IMO you cant really see them. But Ill take a look at the other two! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you are looking for something OEM, try Car-part.com. They are used parts but you can find something decent for a great price.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:53 AM

You cannot post an item for sale without having 50 relelvant, helpful posts. Once you have achieved member status, you can ONLY post an item for sale in the classifieds section of this site.

Site rules
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5476

PPC rules
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4

Last edited by toeveryhour; 05-23-2013 at 03:34 PM.