Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

2006 vs 2010 throttle body?

Old 10-10-2017, 01:39 AM
SL Member

Default 2006 vs 2010 throttle body?

Anyone know if there is any real difference. There is one vac connector on my 06 intake (the original) that goes to a small plastic block and then looks like it feeds to atmosphere. On the 2010, the same connector feeds back into a port on the intake. Are these units typically compatible? Does anyone know if I should swap the 06 intake onto the 2010 block or should I just keep the updated style?

I read somewhere a "relearn" procedure may be necessary. I am swapping my original engine harness over to this 2010 engine since they cut the main connector. It looks like all the sensors are the same and thus I am using my 2006 ecu.

This enigne also came from an automatic.

Aisin seems to have two TB numbers on rockauto.com. I have the "from 05/2006" model and the part says it covers from 06-10.

Thanks
J

Last edited by udelslayer; 10-10-2017 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just installed a throttle body and one of the ports on it was closed compared to the one I had on there and apparently that is fine. It took forever to find out that info online, but confirmed it is fine. No clue on model years, but It had a bleed valve on mine that was permanently sealed on the replacement. Also, I have had my throttle body replaced three times now. The first 2 were under warranty.

The old throttle body had a bleed valve, the new one doesn't. You should be good to go.

Search this Thread