Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   2007 tC Cylinder 3 Misfire (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/2007-tc-cylinder-3-misfire-236591/)

wkndwrz 10-08-2018 06:26 PM

2007 tC Cylinder 3 Misfire

I’m getting a misfire in Cylinder 3, have exchanged spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors and ignition coil connectors (they were falling apart).
And still getting the misfire. Anything else I can try?

OBD code is P0303

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

How to Turn Off The CEL..How To Diagnose Your Check Engine Light For Free

alxm 10-11-2018 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by wkndwrz (Post 4291434)
I’m getting a misfire in Cylinder 3, have exchanged spark plugs, ignition coils, fuel injectors and ignition coil connectors (they were falling apart).
And still getting the misfire. Anything else I can try?

OBD code is P0303

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

How to Turn Off The CEL..How To Diagnose Your Check Engine Light For Free

Did you also replace the injector insulators? The new injectors normally come with the o-ring at the top that is used to make a seal to the fuel pipe. But the bottom insulators which are kind of like seals/o-rings do not come with the injectors. They are placed on the engine head where the injectors insert in and make a seal for the bottom of the injector. If there is an air leak because the injectors are not properly sealed between the fuel pipe and the engine head. That can also cause a misfire. The bottom insulators are available at AutoZone for about 5 or 6 dollars each kit. It comes with bottom insulators and the top o-ring, one kit is for one injector.

Lastly it may possibly be the fuel pump. There may be not enough fuel getting to the injectors. But I feel this would affect more than just one injector. As its delivering fuel to the fuel pipe which is feeding all 4 injectors.

wkndwrz 10-11-2018 10:39 PM

I already fixed it yesterday, but you’re right that was it so they weren’t spaced correctly and causing a misfire. So it sounds like the original misfire was the fuel injector after all and then continued because of the insulators. Thanks for your help

alxm 10-12-2018 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by wkndwrz (Post 4291479)
I already fixed it yesterday, but you’re right that was it so they weren’t spaced correctly and causing a misfire. So it sounds like the original misfire was the fuel injector after all and then continued because of the insulators. Thanks for your help

Awesome! No worries. Glad you fixed it. And yes it's usually an injector in my experience. I've had to replace a bad injector and coil on my ride.