Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Anyone around Little Rock AR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone around Little Rock AR?

Ok I was just wondering if anyone round the Little Rock Arkansas area that has a tC and I see you ppl believe me anyway has had a place install new pipes or the cold air kit on the car... and if so.. who was it? as in what business did it.. and how much.. and how good a job did they do.. pics would be nice as well.. also brand of pipes ect ect.. thanks I am hoping to do several upgrades over the next several months if $$$ works out
Old 04-12-2005, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude the installation of a CAI is cake. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can it be done in the parking lot of my apt which inclines? I here you have to take the tC's wheel off to install the new K&N cold air intake..
Old 04-12-2005, 09:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello fellow Arky!

The only work I've had done on mine has been done by the dealer (North Point Toyota/Scion).

If, I decide to add Header/Exhaust, etc... to this car, I'll do it myself, and I can't really point you to reputable place. So why am I posting? Oh, just to say hi.

If you do decide to do it yourself, and you have to remove a wheel on a non-level surface, make sure you chock the wheels when you jack it.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats up? hehe.. yeah well I talked to my bud down at NorthPoint he said that Scion is working on an Injen cold air intake for the tC kinda like the one the xA and xB have but its not approved yet.. and they might be approving the K&N one for use through the dealers but not sure yet.. he was talking to some lady from corp scion or something.. she was there with two xB's that are bright ___ yellow with all these special things on them... anyway so.. I will wait on the Cold air kit since it would void my warrenty on my drive train unless the dealer puts it in.. and if they are gonna have one coming soon thats cool.. I will just stick with getting TRD exhaust soon.. and the spoiler might add the lowering kit and stuff like that through TRD.. how is the kit on yours? since yours is the same as mine other than its a 5spd and min is the auto..
Old 04-12-2005, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm waiting for the supercharger before I do anything major to my tC.

I have a Redline Tuning QuickLIFT on order that should be here on Thursday. I'll install it, but that's (probably) going be it until I get the supercharger.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats cool.. let me know how that turns out.. I might get one of those for my hood :D so how is your tC doing for ya.. how many miles>?
Old 04-12-2005, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LordBloodRaVen
thats cool.. let me know how that turns out.. I might get one of those for my hood :D so how is your tC doing for ya.. how many miles>?
It's still at the dealer, waiting for the TRD parts (listed below) to show up, and get installed.

If the parts don't show up by thursday, I may take delivery of the car, and bring it back later for the install. The salesman already promised me a loaner car for the day of the install if I choose to do it that way. I'm hoping they have 1998 Supra TT loaner availble.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah good luck on that one yeah I want to get some TRD stuff my myne just have to wait to find what I want....