Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ARC Super Air Induction Box Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mahalzkita28

...and his $450 takata harnesses. taek has good stuff.

4 point seat belts without a cage... instant death .
Old 10-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by quadoptix
alrite since people wondering what happened. summed in up in a simple story, taek (tony) wanted to join my friends car club based here in socal. Car club is called Illmatic, and quite frankly one of the top show car clubs here in socal. Anyhow he always asks dumb questions where he knows the answers and to top it off, he always does stupid things on the street like the video of him racing on the street to "showoff" his new parts. anyhow he got caught for wreckless driving and the post im going to link shows how immature this boy is.

http://www.illmaticonline.com/forums...4cff95488cb098
lol mike, arent you being immature to be involved with this? i thought a company shouldn't be involved with perosnal sh*t like this. and you cling on to the past wayy too much. gotta look to the future man. and don't tell me no one evre speeds because everyone speeds. its very natural. and if you tell me you never speed, a little bit over, then okay i bow down to you. you aer king, you are god, you are absolutely perfect.

i don't even undertstand why i evne bother arguing with stupid people like yourself.

haha i can't believe i even respected you for a second.

yeah what i did driving alittle more on the local was stupid, but where else am i gonna do to do the video?? its not like you said anything about my video and how "reckless" it was until illmatic started.

and mike, you talk sh*t about evreybody. kallsuive, illmatic, 13D and evrybody. and i cant believe you said illmatic are cool with you when all you do is talk ____ about them. about richard's car, about jlines, about evrything. you're pretty fake and sad man

but screw it, this thread's about ARC so lets stay on topic and ONLy talk about ARC. whats past is past, i dont bring up your arrogance all the time, shoot, i odnt evne talk about it. why should you? just so you can sound cool to be able to bag on me like that? get something new to bag on me man.

-taek
Old 10-10-2005, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

So who's your sponsor? M&D?

+5 for whoever fugures M&D out first lol.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by hayalex6
So who's your sponsor? M&D?

+5 for whoever fugures M&D out first lol.

huh??
Old 10-10-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mom and dad racing development motorsports INC.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol. +5 for you sir.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

anyways

back to the topic at hand because we are all grown-ups here who discuss problems and solutions about cars.

JDM JDM JDM, always expensive in the US

but USDM is expensive in japan.

ironic isnt it :D

ARC looks great if thats what you are going for :D
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Banned
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
anyways

back to the topic at hand because we are all grown-ups here who discuss problems and solutions about cars.

JDM JDM JDM, always expensive in the US

but USDM is expensive in japan.

ironic isnt it :D

ARC looks great if thats what you are going for :D
jeff is always the peace maker thanks jeff
Old 10-10-2005, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So honestly, how is this box different from any other box? Taek? Is there anything special inside the box? Even if it weren't expensive, why would anyone buy this box? I personally prefer the Umnitza box over this one in terms of looks and whatnot - in terms of performance, why did you not get Umnitza over ARC?

From what I can tell, it's only advantage over stock is an airfilter that is larger in surface area than the OEM paper filter.

You might want to punch a whole and connect some more tubing to the ARC box from where the left front brake "scoop" sits and put a cone filter on that.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
So honestly, how is this box different from any other box? Taek? Is there anything special inside the box? Even if it weren't expensive, why would anyone buy this box? I personally prefer the Umnitza box over this one in terms of looks and whatnot - in terms of performance, why did you not get Umnitza over ARC?

From what I can tell, it's only advantage over stock is an airfilter that is larger in surface area than the OEM paper filter.

You might want to punch a whole and connect some more tubing to the ARC box from where the left front brake "scoop" sits and put a cone filter on that.
He prob. got the ARC intake box because it's "JDM", and the Umnitza is not.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

excuse me tony, who was clinging to the past...some called me out on this thread and called me a hater (ie. you)...i was just browsing a "review" of the new arc intake box. the part of calling me a hater someone else brought that to my attention and before u start bashing someone publicly please get your facts straight. im friends w/ all the clubs you mentioned, so whatever u say holds no weight and i really dont care if you run your mouth. i am not clinging to the past, you blatantly called me out on this thread and if you would like to run your mouth, come do it in person instead of hiding behind a computer. all the car clubs know me and im a good person. you on the other hand have been using illmatics sponsorship hookups to buy parts and sell for a profit..that in the car game is a NO NO. but i wouldnt expect your tiny brain to process that. anyhow im done if u want to talk, u know how to get a hold of me.
theres no reason to argue w/ an undereducated person.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

JDM TYTE YO
Old 10-11-2005, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
Mom and dad racing development motorsports INC.

maybe they are looking for other people to sponsor... Taek sign me up.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So JDM is supposed to mean something other than Japanese Domestic Market? How about Just Da Money? That's all I can see here as a difference between the OEM setup and this one.

The box is hack, pure and simple. It's got welded corners that look like a first shop project. The mounting brackets look like something I bent up in a vise. It aluminum, so it make a perfect heat sink. What else could they have done to ensure anyone with a clue knows there is no performance advantage to it?

If it's about bling, get the Umnitza. It has the BEST bling factor of any intake. If it's about performance, save your money: buy a high flow air filter, and keep the money you were going to spend on an illegal intake so you can spend it on an illegal FI setup. You'll be WAY ahead in the long run.

$400 is more than 10% of the cost of any of the turbo system or even the mythological supercharger. Spending it on this is a waste of money.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

uhm... how can this intake be JDM when:

1. tC is USDM (no arguments on that)
2. ARC manufactured (or whoever) this for the tC for USDM

am I missing something here?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

The style of the intake is common in the japanese domestic market. JDM is played out .. you know how I know? Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift. WITH uber co-star Bow-wow. Enjoy your summer at the movies.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want this box. i'm not gonna lie either - i'd pay $400+ just cause it's ARC.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should have a hood made to have a induction scoop on the top, that would be sweet........ARC is the Sh**t, too much hating on this poor guy, he has something new, so what its expensive, if you cant afford it go buy a AEM product.......and be happy. ARC is a very high quality product, and worth the money, if you can make one in your garage, make one, and see who ends up being laughed at.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

See, that's the problem we have. How is it high quality?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well ARC is known for high quality parts, everything ive ever seen on my brothers evo is better then what it replaced......IMO. now i agree just becuase its pricey does not mean its better. i have not seen this box personally, so i cant say this actuall part is "the best thing since a CAI was invented". im going to go to aspec next monday and order some rims, so maybe they will have one i can peep

Quick Reply: ARC Super Air Induction Box Review