Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Auto with Tsudo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Auto with Tsudo Exhaust

Okay, so I'm looking into getting an exhaust for my 07 NBM Auto, but I have a question. Will getting an ehaust for an auto be/sound ricey? I want to avoid that at all costs. So far I have an Injen intake and it sounds great. I am thinking about the Tsudo N1 because my buddy has it and it sounds great, but once again, I don't want my car to sound ricey and then be really loud sounding ricey. Maybe I'm overthinking this? Also, my buddy's intake has that nice whistle, but mine doesn't, he has the 06 with a Fujita, and mine is an 07 with Inen, why is that? I know these are lame questions, but I need to know.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

PM'd

(:
Old 12-13-2006, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tsudo is rice imo. but then again, any fart can look i consider rice.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

How is tsudo rice? It's an amazing looking and sounding exhaust. I'd like to know what you base your opinion on.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tsudo.... that's enough said. scionlife must be the first forum you're on. check around. tsudo makes products for other cars and they didnt seem to great.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im hooked up with the Tsudo N1 exhaust and im loving the sound (not ricey at all) and i get alot of good comments from other tC owners around the area, but It's also based on your own opinion in what you like.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm not really asking about other cars though. I am asking about the tC exhaust. Like I said, I've installed one, it looks fantastic and sounds great, great fitment, no leaks. How is that rice again? I am just curious as to a solid reason why this is rice, not a random exposition on why it is because it is.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said, it looks like a fart-can along with a bunch of ricer civics. noise pollution is rice.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just had a dry heave
Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well naturally, you have to take off of the silencer. It does look great without the silencer. So beyond that, why is this rice. I don't mean to be a dick, but I am just wondering why, other than that god-awful silencer, is it rice?
Old 12-13-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no i'm not talking about the silencer. the thing looks like a can that farts, hence the name, fart-can. u see these same cans on ricer civics.

and also, its Tsudo, aka ebay brand. where you can also find loads of ricer equipment.

"Rice" is a relative term, really. for me, its function > form. i could care less on how it looks as long as it gives me power. if u're in it just for looks/sounds of the exhaust, i call that "Rice".
Old 12-13-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 05-RS1

like i said, it looks like a fart-can along with a bunch of ricer civics. noise pollution is rice.
hey, thats the muffler i got.

But Im selling it cause i dont like the silencer and i am looking for name brand goods. If anywhere, from japan. I want to get the Tanabe Concept G for my 2005 tC. Its under 95db, and sounds nice and not so loud.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

truthfully get what you want w/ your money w/o the opinions of others.... but if you're getting it just b/c it sounds and looks good, you didn't need our opinion.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Louie
truthfully get what you want w/ your money w/o the opinions of others.... but if you're getting it just b/c it sounds and looks good, you didn't need our opinion.
true, get what YOU want. That will make you happy. i got mine when it was hot for 300 $ now i cant even get offer 2/3's of that, but it is used.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
no i'm not talking about the silencer. the thing looks like a can that farts, hence the name, fart-can. u see these same cans on ricer civics.

and also, its Tsudo, aka ebay brand. where you can also find loads of ricer equipment.

"Rice" is a relative term, really. for me, its function > form. i could care less on how it looks as long as it gives me power. if u're in it just for looks/sounds of the exhaust, i call that "Rice".
i have to agree here. i hate all these exhausts that look like this, its rediculously huge and i'm not a fan of the slanted look. but my main reason why i consider these kind of exhausts "rice" is that the noise pollution do not justify the power gains at all. it ____es me off that all these damn cars put on these loud obnoxious exhausts and think they are fast. sorry for the rant, im just really against noise pollution.

btw, i have a trd exhaust.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as an axleback, this exhaust sounds nice. If you add the mid pipe, it's loud as hell. It is not ricey at all, I get nothing but compliments on the look and sound, I took out the silencer of course.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

imo there's a small gap now between form and rice in the tC community.

truthfully i got my injen intake/exhaust combo, to show off and to sound louder and grab attention b/c i sure as hell didn't notice the supposed 5-8 hp gains. and that's basically a ricer mentallity... shoot i'm able to admit it atleast

but it seems like right now ppl are blurring the lines, and think just cuz it sounds deeper w/o rasp and what not it's not rice... compare your car w/ a regular civic w/ a N1 universal muffler, sounds similar don't it? yes some sound worse than others but from what i hear alot our cars w/ exhausts sounds similar to alotta ricey civics.

c'mon now the tC is a 4 cylinder box, w/o force induction it's not really much of a power car, all it does is look good gettin u to point A to point B.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2
Old 12-13-2006, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yeah I donno, I think that there is a blurry line with those things anyway. I am thinking that I will get the Tsudo anyway, rice or no, I like the looks and gains for an exhaust are minimal anyway. Honestly though, if anyone bought an exhaust, with that reasoning, would be ricey, because no exhaust provides too much as far as real gains, and all of them make noise, so I don't see why one would be more rice than another other than looks. Just my opinion.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rice or not who cares? If it sounds nice and looks good, get it. It's all personal preference. Plus, you can't beat the price. Don't think too much, just do it! Obviously nobody gets an exhaust for an N/A engine thinking they’re going to get noticeable HP gains, If you are getting one for this reason then you’re a fool, it’s all for show and fun.

Quick Reply: Auto with Tsudo Exhaust