Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Auto with Tsudo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we have 4cyd's.

every exhaust sounds similar. they all sound good as long at you dont hear cracking/popping i think it sounds good.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

ricey=opinion
ricey=racist
ricey= rice krispies
ricey= patties
the point is i have the intellective do you? dont judge! life is to short to comment on someone eles personal choice they to have a right to live if invited into the conversation give criticism not a formed biased opinion. thanks
Old 04-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Actually yeah I have, and for the money that you spend, regardless of the N1 or the axle back tsudo set-up, it's still a good system. And by the way, it is an import car, if you don't want it to sound "ricey" then maybe you should buy a gm or ford. Like I said before, it's deep, and smooth, what more do you really want? It doesn't sound like a fart can that you buy on eBay for $40. <-- if you're refering to that as being "ricey" then don't compare a fart can and the tsudo set up because they don't sound anything alike.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

but tsudo sounds a lot weaker than half of the other exhausts out there
Old 04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Please explain how it sounds weaker than half the other exhaust systems when at high rpm it breaks 90db
Old 04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tsudo sounds good as a cat-back system, but as an axle-back, it sounds great. this exhaust can't be beat, especially for the price. I put on as a cat-back at first but it was too loud for my liking, it was a deep growl. I switched the mid-pipe to the stock one and loved it.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

yes, it growls, but it doesnt roar. and about breaking 90 db...a lot of people break 90 at around 3k. its not that hard. i dont have to get on it to be loud. look at the exhaust sound clip sticky and youll see compared to tsudo they are much stronger exhausts.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

What exhausts??? Tell me a brand, and then tell me the price, and then argue with me about how its better for the money. I love how you're going to sit here and argue with me about this like i've never heard another exhaust on a tC before. I work at a toyota dealership, i've heard just about every set-up that you can probably think of and then some that you haven't. And going off everything i've heard, weather it be injen, tsudo, hks, magnaflow, or borla, for the price you pay for a tsudo, you can't complain, and you certaintly shouldn't sit there and try to hate on something that you ovbiously don't understand. Graduate high school, then stop using mommy and daddys money, then come talk to me.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

first of all. ive saved every birthday card since i was 6 to buy this _____. plus working for three years. everything that i have ANYWHERE NEAR my car was bought with my money. MINE. not my dads.

i dont hate tsudo. i dissaprove of it. if you want to rock the tsudo asspipe then go for it. your loss. and being the best bang for your buck? sure. 180 bucks is a pretty price tag. but id rather put more money into something that will last and wont get me made fun of. its kinda like going out and buying "type s" seats instead of recaro. and before you lash out at me for not knowing my ____.. go listen to a real exhaust. you can tell quality. and get the rice out of your ears so you can actually hear it
Old 04-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

"Asspipe"..... that's a new one, do you realize that you're the only person on this page that disapproves of the tsudo set-up??? I haven't gotten on here and said the other set-ups suck or sound horrid, but I have clearly stated that for the money, you get WAY more than you pay for. If you wanna spend $700 on an exhaust system, be my guest, you're either rich and have more money that you know what to do with, or you just feel like dumping all your money into a car and living in a trailor. If you actually have saved and paid for all that, then i applaud you and your effort But if you wanna bash on the tsudo set-up, go start another forum, nobody here is saying the others are no good. All I stated is that money wise, it is a good buy and a good muffler. And don't make the mistake of trying to continue this argument, you have no leg to stand on. Not all of us can live at home with mom and dad, we got bills and ____ too there youngin'
Old 04-17-2007, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i have the Tsudo N1 and my buddies are carrying the HKS, and an Injen.. Same exact sound no difference what so ever unless im tone def but yeah i love the exhaust and i respect the fact that some people dont like it and thats koo... but dont be digging into each others throats
Old 04-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

He's got a point, i've got respect for your opinion, just don't put down one system just because it's not on your car. Like he said, unless he's tone def, they all sound the same.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BionicJuic3
Well i have the Tsudo N1 and my buddies are carrying the HKS, and an Injen.. Same exact sound no difference what so ever unless im tone def but yeah i love the exhaust and i respect the fact that some people dont like it and thats koo... but dont be digging into each others throats
may i add that im running it as an axle back
Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

So am I, did you have any problem with the tip touching the bumper when you originally installed it?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i did, but i fixed just by adding spacers in the rubbers that hold up the exhaust.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

WOW lol thats the exact same thing I did, then i used the bracket that was welded onto the pipe and bolted it to the rear subframe. It still may hit the bumper, but it's gonna have to be quite a bump to actually get them to touch. Did you use the stock bolts that have the springs on them? I noticed that if you don't you get popping from the exhaust, like you have to have those spring bolts to get the pipe to flex and not pop.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

so you all are saying that it is a good exhaust system????
Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

I'd recommend it to anyone. Check out speed-element.com free shipping, it's like $150 shipped for the axle back, and you'll have it in less than a week.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Importspeed
so you all are saying that it is a good exhaust system????
I'm not necessarily saying that the exhaust is good for everyone, but for myself it's perfect.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm not necessarily saying that the exhaust is good for everyone, but for myself it's perfect.[/quote]

I second that....