Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

BEST CAT-BACK EXHAUST FOR tC

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 PM

Default BEST CAT-BACK EXHAUST FOR tC

i want to kno wuts the best cat-back for the tC, but i like the deep tone and NOT HI-PITCHED!!!!

i really like the magnaflow, but wut else do u guys think???
Old 05-26-2007, 03:39 PM

greddy
Old 05-26-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Make your own decision: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103820

But I personally like the Magnaflow.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Magnaflow ftw doesn't whine at high rpms like the others I have heard.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:42 AM

To each their own really. I have a HKS axel back but got the pipeing redone @ 2.5 inch from my high flow cat back. I let me friends drive my car around the block and it sounds like its got ballz, not rice! Like bennytayco said, Greddy SP2 sounds great too, not ricey. Magnaflow is cool too, a little to loud and can get you spotted by the fuzz real quick like, but Maganflow sounds ballzy, not ricey OVER ALL...TO EACH THEIR OWN.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: BEST CAT-BACK EXHAUST FOR tC

Originally Posted by tC-JDM
i want to kno wuts the best cat-back for the tC, but i like the deep tone and NOT HI-PITCHED!!!!

First of all, "tC_JDM", there is no such thing as a jdm tC. You might want to consider creating a new account with a better name so that you don't look like such a a$$hole.

Second, there is no such thing as "the best" catback. Life is not a video game. You've got to shop around and decide what you like the best. Stop basing your decisions on what other people like and you'll be a lot happier with the decisions you make in life. I happen to own the Ark DT-S catback. It's quiet and looks almost stock. But I seriously doubt that someone with the screen name "tC-JDM" wants an exhaust that's quiet and stock-looking.

My point is: SHOP AROUND.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

greedy evo all the way
Old 06-21-2007, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha... while I may not have worded my thoughts in the same manner... nig nig is pretty much right.

Search. Watch some videos. Check Youtube. Shop around. Find one that YOU think sounds good. Of course other people can offer input on their opinions of the "best" but YOU have to decide what is best for you.

I literally just installed the TRD axleback last night and I love the sound (though I have to get used to it being a little louder - normally I'd only hear the intake). I don't know if it's the "best" one out there... but it's sound matches my taste... and that's what it's about.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

random technology..
Old 06-22-2007, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nig_nig_the_conqueror

First of all, "tC_JDM", there is no such thing as a jdm tC. You might want to consider creating a new account with a better name so that you don't look like such a a$$hole.

Second, there is no such thing as "the best" catback. Life is not a video game. You've got to shop around and decide what you like the best. Stop basing your decisions on what other people like and you'll be a lot happier with the decisions you make in life. I happen to own the Ark DT-S catback. It's quiet and looks almost stock. But I seriously doubt that someone with the screen name "tC-JDM" wants an exhaust that's quiet and stock-looking.

I agree with what's been stated. Here's a tune for reinforcement http://youtube.com/watch?v=AtSinp5gDS0, her mom told her the same thing
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually I think there could quite definitely be the "best" cat-back if you took time to take into consideration what the "best" may be. Most powerful? Best deep throaty sound? Cleanest or Stock-est look? All of these points could be considered in the decision process when purchasing a product. Now to come around and flame a kid for his name and his thread, that is just rude. I am sorry, but I have to say that you are not supporting the basis that these forums were created and are not a contributing constructive information and are only wasting bandwith with your post.

Please for the sake of all that is scion... stop the useless flame and instead just say... "I recommend that you shop around to find an exhaust that fits your needs" instead of the useless banter you provided.

Now back to the topic:
I recommend the Random Technology exhaust because it is the Dezod system (full exhaust system from the s-pipe back) but offers you a resonator and a baffled muffer that allows you to have a nice sound with out Johnny Law rolling up on you when you go to shift gears. It provides great performance with all the piping being 2.5" all around and the exhaust hangs as tightly to the car as if it was stock.

Sorry if I offended you nig_nig_the_conqueror, I just don't like to see people being pushed and bullied... even through something as impersonal as an online forum.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

This is the first time I've heard of the Random Technology exhaust- sounds nice! I just tried searching for other info on it (both here and through Google,) and came up with pretty much zip. PlayinWithFire, would you happen to have any links to info, pics, sound clips for this exhaust?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can get you the sound clip from my car when i get a chance. Random Technology makes all the exhausts for Dezod so their one for the tC has gained little to no reputation because of this fact.

http://www.randomtechnology.com/

That is their site and my only reccommendation is to look for a dealer in your area who carries their parts or order one of Dezod's specially made ones. The difference is the muffler which is baffled in the Random Tech.'s model compared to a non baffled version that Dezod offers. Random's version is quiter and lacks a little on the performance end in comparison to Dezod's, but I use it on my turbo'ed tC and it works just great.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice, thanks for the info and I'd appreciate the soundclip!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddy EVO2 is the best cat-back exhaust for the tc, and i think many people will agree with me. Listen to it on youtube.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. Great advise on life.

I personally like the tone of the stock exhaust. But to snazzy it up a bit, I got an annodized red ehaust tip from Pep Boys. The guy at the counter said it adds 5 to 9 HP, at the wheels! I think that is pretty good for return on a 15 dollar investment. Did I mention it has LED's in it too? Uber Cool
Old 06-29-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL. Great advice on life.

I personally like the tone of the stock exhaust. But to snazzy it up a bit, I got an annodized red ehaust tip from Pep Boys, the one with the fins. The guy at the counter said it adds 5 to 9 HP, at the wheels! I think that is a pretty good return on a 15 dollar investment. Did I mention it has LED's in it too? Uber Cool
Old 07-01-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Instead of bashing the guy maybe you all can give him your opinions so he can make a better informed decision. If he is new to the scene how is he going to "shop around", I haven't seen a place where you can go and be able to hear and compare performance of our current cat-back market. This is the reason for this forum, to help newbies. Also, I believe he asked for a cat-back, greddy and hks do not make cat-backs for our cars, they are axle-backs and begin at the mid-pipe (rear section).

As far as my opinion is concerned, I have the skunk2 and love it. It is 60mm, which is roughly 2.36" (.11" wider than stock), which is more then sufficient unless you are going FI at some point (magnaflow cat-back retains stock 2.25" piping, hks, and evo2, both use 60mm if I am not mistaking). If you want the most bang for your buck then go with tsudo n1, can't beat that value.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Instead of bashing the guy maybe you all can give him your opinions so he can make a better informed decision. If he is new to the scene how is he going to "shop around", I haven't seen a place where you can go and be able to hear and compare performance of our current cat-back market. This is the reason for this forum, to help newbies.
I actually have heard about a place "where you can go and be able to hear and compare performance of our current cat-back market". I think that Al Gore invented it and they call it the internet.

And anyway, he didn't try to compare performance of anything. He simply asked people what to buy, which is pathetic. So stop babying everybody and tell the fool what he needs to hear: ALWAYS BUY APC. And make sure you get the huge sticker with it.

Pansy.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look, shopping around is a good advice and he needs to do research. Bashing the guy because he doesn't know better, I am just against. He is probably some 16/17 year old kid that just got his first car. Point him in the right direction...

Quick Reply: BEST CAT-BACK EXHAUST FOR tC