Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Should I buy the option
Get the Borla Cat-Back!
41.67%
Get the stock and upgrade to different exhaust
58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Borla Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Borla Exhaust

Who got the optional Borla Exhaust... was it worth it?

Need to know getting my RS this week!
Old 06-14-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

I didn't know scion had a catback optional exhaust
Old 06-14-2005, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats what the computer at the dealer had, Borla Catback..should I get it it's $499
Old 06-14-2005, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

News to me. I'd shop around though.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member

I got the Magnaflow Cat-back, at least $50 less, easy to install.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

borla has made an exhaust for the tc-it just became available recently. however, it's a rear section catback-aka axleback. the trd exhaust is the only one i believe that dealerships would be selling. it's possible that the trd exhaust was made by borla. i don't remember where i read it, but it's def a possibility; trd does that with some stuff-have a company make it and then stamp TRD on it. supposedly the trd springs were made by eibach. this place is carrying the borla exhaust for $479 shipped:
http://www.hopupracing.com/bosctcreseex.html

that's kinda expensive for an axleback-the hks and trd can both be had for under $400. that same site has the hks for $389 shipped i think. the axlebacks aren't gonna give u any kind of significant gains-tops 2-3hp(if even that much). they'll sound good, but that's about it. also, if u're gonna get a header at some point, the only axleback exhaust so far that sounds decent with a header is the HKS. i just bought the creative compacts full catback with high flow cat and borla muffler. it's put out around 10-12hp, and sounds sick. i think it cost me $679 shipped.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I though magnaflows full catback hasnt been released yet???? Anyone know that for sure???
Old 06-14-2005, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

as far as i know it hasn't been released.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how do get rid of the catalytic converter since SC has no emissions testing..so I don't have to worry about it
Old 06-14-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i dunno how to get rid of it-but if u're get a full catback from creative compacts, you can get it without the high flow cat-that'll save around $100 of the $675.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the borla from the dealer, posted up a vid of it too. It doesn't sound too bad imo but for the price if you want more performance gain, save an extra 200 and get a full set up from CC or something.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellot00tr
borla has made an exhaust for the tc-it just became available recently. however, it's a rear section catback-aka axleback. the trd exhaust is the only one i believe that dealerships would be selling. it's possible that the trd exhaust was made by borla. i don't remember where i read it, but it's def a possibility; trd does that with some stuff-have a company make it and then stamp TRD on it. supposedly the trd springs were made by eibach. this place is carrying the borla exhaust for $479 shipped:

that's kinda expensive for an axleback-the hks and trd can both be had for under $400. that same site has the hks for $389 shipped i think. the axlebacks aren't gonna give u any kind of significant gains-tops 2-3hp(if even that much). they'll sound good, but that's about it. also, if u're gonna get a header at some point, the only axleback exhaust so far that sounds decent with a header is the HKS. i just bought the creative compacts full catback with high flow cat and borla muffler. it's put out around 10-12hp, and sounds sick. i think it cost me $679 shipped.
First off, my sister just got her TC with a Borla, not TRD, Exhaust. Yes it is axelback and not Catback like the dealers had listed. Second, do you have proof that ur High Flow Cat and Borla Muffler actually puts out 10-12hp? Im just curious, not tryin to harp on you.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member

I bought the Borla axleback when I bought my tc about 3 months ago, and I think it sounds great. It was $499 from the dealer installed. IMO it sounds less "ricey" than some of the other exhausts out there.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Borla doesn't put out the distinct glass pack sound that kids put on their honda does it... I think those sound like wet farts
Old 06-14-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by RedheadedStepChild
Originally Posted by yellot00tr

First off, my sister just got her TC with a Borla, not TRD, Exhaust. Yes it is axelback and not Catback like the dealers had listed. Second, do you have proof that ur High Flow Cat and Borla Muffler actually puts out 10-12hp? Im just curious, not tryin to harp on you.
it's a full exhaust system 2.5 inch mendrel bent piping if i remember correctly, witha a highflow cat and a borla muffler
Old 06-14-2005, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so what are you guyz looking for , doing some reserch for local Co. "Tc" axel back-catback, performance sound, size, material"304?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The Borla is awesome....I have it

magnaflow isnt as nice a sound imo
Old 06-15-2005, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

there's a dyno of the creative compacts full catback on scionlife somewhere. i don't know where it is right now, but if u search for it, it's there