Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Bosch 110s; im a believer

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Banned
SL Member

Awesome thats greats news Munch, thanks. One more question to all you Bosch 110 Sporters. I wanted to wait to see what ZPI was doing with their whole BOV kit for the supercharger. So far no updates as they are backed up with work. Is there any advantages of a BOV over a BPV. I want the pshhh sound everyone wants, but if the Bosch 110 performs better, I will obviously choose function over form. Is it even possible to run a BOV on this TRD blower and are there any advantages? Will it sound like a BOV on a turbo? or will it have a diff sound. If not, I am headed to the Saab dealership after work
Old 11-30-2005, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
you took it out with the heatsheild in place and bolted in? Wow that must have been really interesting and totally not fun.
Nope I took the heat shield off. That's the main reson for removing the stud that's in the top of the manifold. It just slides off once you take that out. It's harder to do with the supercharger on . But not impossible
Old 11-30-2005, 07:53 PM
PT
5 Year Member
SL Member

So how doe the stock BVP sound compared to the botch sport 110s? Nobody has mentioned it yet in this thread. Does the stock BVP make any noise in the first place?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member

Default BOV integration

Can you not just get an adapter and mount a BOV in there instead of using a BPV. Like what is show here http://www.stealth316.com/2-bov1.htm. If that would work it would be nice then you could use either BPV or a BOV for those who prefer the PSHHH noise.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In theory, you could just unplug the return hose coming off the stock BPV that returns the air back to the supercharger inlet.. and you'll get the BOV sound as it will then vent to the air. Atleast i believe this is true.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Anybody have a video/audio of this bov in action?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

why does everyone want a BOV soo badly??? Why is everyone gonna sacrifice reliability for a freakin shreiking noise. Id hate to say this but it seems like everyone is gettin the whole ricer attitude with this thing...I dunno thats just me but I would rather it be quiet and work right...Ive had turbos with loud BOV's and it just gets annoying. The only good part about having an atmos. BOV, is when you let it blow off next to some old person and they go what the hell was that
Old 11-30-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
why does everyone want a BOV soo badly??? Why is everyone gonna sacrifice reliability for a freakin shreiking noise. Id hate to say this but it seems like everyone is gettin the whole ricer attitude with this thing...I dunno thats just me but I would rather it be quiet and work right...Ive had turbos with loud BOV's and it just gets annoying. The only good part about having an atmos. BOV, is when you let it blow off next to some old person and they go what the hell was that
how is everybody sacrificing reliability when the car already has a bov in place? Since its leaking and you are changing it out with a better one that will increase the performance ...this sounds like a good thing. If im wrong please let me know because thats my current outtake on it.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BPV = BYPASS VALVE
BOV = BLOW OFF VALVE

Our TRD SC kits do NOT have a BOV. We have a BPV.

There is a big difference in the two. Lets all get the abbreviation right ehhh???
Old 11-30-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
how is everybody sacrificing reliability when the car already has a bov in place? Since its leaking and you are changing it out with a better one that will increase the performance ...this sounds like a good thing. If im wrong please let me know because thats my current outtake on it.
He's talking about atmospheric BOV, not the BPV
Old 11-30-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^^^Was that directed towards me?? I know the supercharger comes with a bypass valve and not a BOV. I was just trying to say that why is everyone so gung ho on putting a BOV in instead of upgrading the BPV to the 110(which I did thanks to you). What I mean by sacrificing reliability is who knows if an atmospheric BOV will not cause the car to wanna stall in between shifts and coming to a stop. Is it really worth it just to hear the BOV sound, I dont think it is but again thats me.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Munch

Thanks bro, you got it off before I did...people get mad confused on this site, seems like a lot of peeps dont really even know what they are talking about.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch

Thanks bro, you got it off before I did...people get mad confused on this site, seems like a lot of peeps dont really even know what they are talking about.
Life as we know it
Old 11-30-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Old 11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the 110 is a BPV correct?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes
Old 12-01-2005, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by English
Yes
thats what i thought. thanks
Old 12-01-2005, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Got mine in today MAN is the spring stiff on this compared to the stock unit! The stocker is floppy compared to this. This one actually hurts the tip of my finger trying to push it in!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by desertheat
Got mine in today MAN is the spring stiff on this compared to the stock unit! The stocker is floppy compared to this. This one actually hurts the tip of my finger trying to push it in!

did you install it? ...if so.... what do you think?
Old 12-01-2005, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Not installed yet, waiting for the wife to get home to watch the kids while I go play. Man I say again, I really cannot beleive how strong the spring is. The old one I could compress with my pinky with ease, the new one.... OUCH! Does not move!

Quick Reply: Bosch 110s; im a believer