Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

CEL P0606 fault Code

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 09:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default CEL P0606 fault Code

So, i'm not too sure where to put this thread, but some help would be appreciated. The past few weeks here in chicago have been crazy as far as weather is concerned. I was going to a wedding today in some zero visibility fog and splashed into a pretty large puddle of water going about 10-15 mph (i do have a CAI w/o a diaphram). Soon after, while looking for a parking space, i applied the brakes and notived that the car was having difficulty stopping, the pedal traveld the normal height, but just refused to grab. I just figured that it was because of the wetness of the rotors/pads. I parked, and then returned about 3 hours later. It had not been raining at all, but the fog was definately still present.

Ok, here is where it gets kinda weird, I started the car and immediately noticed the CEL. The car ran normal so i decided to slowly drive out the parking lot. As i did so, i decided to check the brakes again, and the same thing, but a little worse, the brakes refused to grab. when it finally came to a stop, i pumped the brakes a few times, popped the hood to see if any brake fluid was missing, and there wasn't. i got back in the car, and the brakes seemingly returned to normal, but i think i still feel the brakes don't grab (it could be in my mind at this point).

Finally, a buddy of mine and i just scanned the CEL code and got P0606, PCM failure. I highly doubt these two occurences are related, but its just kinda odd that they would happen at the same time. We cleared the code, and i have yet to drive it seeing as its 4:45 in the morning. Any thoughts guys and gals??